All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

DuncanEd

The club have changed this for away games as of this season
No the club have made people aware which is a big difference. You could never give aways to other people. Nor can you sell homes even at face value. The difference now is they are making it crystal clear to people.

The club will clarify their stance in a leaflet with the season tickets being sent out. We are the only club in the premier league with this type of policy I am sure which is stupid and shit but that's how it is.

Away section - pay over face value off a tout most probably if you want to sort it in advance. You could risk leaving it late and try to pick one up closer to the game where you will probably pay a cheaper price if you get one - slim chance on here, search social medial pages and can even try on the day of the game in the pubs where United are and right outside the ground before KO.

Home section - not too sure tbh but I'm guessing hospitality would be your easiest bet as I think their home section is usually a sell-out, especially for United! ;)
Get to Swansea on the day, Frankie and Bennies beside the ground will have reds in it as will the harvster across the road. You are more than likely to get sorted at face value at an away pub than on social media as long as you put yourself about and make it clear your buying in the pub. Touts will be there also so you will get a ticket that wont be the issue the price will depending on how long you want to wait before kick off as like any market prices will go up or down depending.

Maverick_19

Away section - pay over face value off a tout most probably if you want to sort it in advance. You could risk leaving it late and try to pick one up closer to the game where you will probably pay a cheaper price if you get one - slim chance on here, search social medial pages and can even try on the day of the game in the pubs where United are and right outside the ground before KO.

Home section - not too sure tbh but I'm guessing hospitality would be your easiest bet as I think their home section is usually a sell-out, especially for United! ;)
Thank you

Maverick_19

No the club have made people aware which is a big difference. You could never give aways to other people. Nor can you sell homes even at face value. The difference now is they are making it crystal clear to people.

The club will clarify their stance in a leaflet with the season tickets being sent out. We are the only club in the premier league with this type of policy I am sure which is stupid and shit but that's how it is.

Get to Swansea on the day, Frankie and Bennies beside the ground will have reds in it as will the harvster across the road. You are more than likely to get sorted at face value at an away pub than on social media as long as you put yourself about and make it clear your buying in the pub. Touts will be there also so you will get a ticket that wont be the issue the price will depending on how long you want to wait before kick off as like any market prices will go up or down depending.
Thank you

Dave89

How common are fake tickets outside the ground for big games? Or how can we spot them?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How common are fake tickets outside the ground for big games? Or how can we spot them?
I wonder how many paper tickets they even produce for big games these days. Most would surely be on season ticket or One United cards.
The one time I ever dealt with a tout, I went round before checking what were standard tickets, I was paranoid!
But then I was surprised that the tout seems to have "are you going in now" as stock patter, waiting there watching you go into the ground.

I'm still not sure if they do this to make sure they don't suffer any "reprisals", or that you're not selling it on yourself.
Most likely the former, as they no doubt are regulars and the last thing they want is any trouble.

Parma Dewol

Ours arrived yesterday, too. Is anyone else disappointed again in the presentation?

I used to look forward to Season Tickets arriving in a nice box with the year book, a pen and a few other bits and bobs. Last year's was a let down and this year's is too - essentially just the season ticket in an envelope with some vouchers. I remember quite a few supporters complaining to the club last year, but doesn't look like they've listened.

It's only a ticket, I know, however it's a shame they've made it feel a bit less special.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Season tickets arrived today, but no Wembley tickets yet. I was a bit surprised they didn't come in the big wallet with the book and pin badge that they used to, when I last had a season ticket eight or nine years ago. Wife didn't know about that and seemed happy enough with the presentation though.

markelphick

Does anyone know if the Community Shield tickets will go on General Sale? I seem to believe they have in the past..

DuncanEd

Most papers would be execs as you can request papers via the exec support team. Games on sale to members would be papers also. So a fair few thousand would be papers on the day.

But then I was surprised that the tout seems to have "are you going in now" as stock patter, waiting there watching you go into the ground.

I'm still not sure if they do this to make sure they don't suffer any "reprisals", or that you're not selling it on yourself.
Most likely the former, as they no doubt are regulars and the last thing they want is any trouble.
It's both and it makes perfect sense to do so as United do randomly deactivate peoples cards on purpose to check them. I would actually be more concerned if the tout walked away the second cash was handed over because clearly that is a person who doesn't care about you as the buyer or the owner of the actual ticket getting the three year ban. Some touts would actually help you out with other tickets if the ones you had went red at the turnstile. This makes sense to keep you happy as a repeat customer who can be trusted to show up and can pay not to mention it being the decent thing to do when some people travel a long way.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Fake tickets and membership cards definitely do exist as I know people personally who have been done by them. Clearly, the bigger the game, the more incentive for fraudsters to acquire and sell them so I would say they are definitely in circulation and to be mindful of that.

IMO, the best way to spot a fake ticket would be to have a picture of a real one, compare it to the one on offer, check the silver hologram shines and finally if possible, ask for a screenshot of online booking history or confirmation email showing the corresponding tickets on offer.

Witchking

Not exactly related to tickets. I got 2 memberships (me and my mrs) just a day before the fixtures were released. Manged to book tickets for the first home game of the season.

However i haven't received the stuff that they usually send for members, you know the diary, pen, keychain etc. How long does it take for you to receive it once you are a member?

Member 5225

Ughhh my application (as a One United member) for the Comm Shield was unsuccessful :(

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Not exactly related to tickets. I got 2 memberships (me and my mrs) just a day before the fixtures were released. Manged to book tickets for the first home game of the season.

However i haven't received the stuff that they usually send for members, you know the diary, pen, keychain etc. How long does it take for you to receive it once you are a member?
Not sure, but they've only just started sending out season tickets this week so I imagine you should get it soon.

worcesterred

Got a ticket for the Charity Shield. Pretty annoying that it is a 16:00 kick off as it doesn't leave me much time to get back to Victoria for the megabus home at 19:30.

thoward

It's not a lisp!

I'm living over in Ireland and the last few years I haven't received my membership pack until around the end of August(it would probably have been a bit earlier before), i had to have tickets for the Newcastle game last season and the Swansea game the year before posted to me.

saivet

Got a ticket for the Charity Shield. Pretty annoying that it is a 16:00 kick off as it doesn't leave me much time to get back to Victoria for the megabus home at 19:30.
That is pretty tight! On a good day, I imagine you'd need about an hour, never mind on a Sunday, coming out of a football match.

ThanksBoss26

They send them out all in one go, rather than when you subscribe, but it's quite often after the season has actually started.

With that in mind, the first couple of home games in recent seasons I've attended have been paper tickets so it could well be the same for Southampton.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh I know that the action I miss will probably be the most exciting.
I was at one of the playoff finals 2 years ago, and I swear the woman down my row left before extra time...must have been a similar job

worcesterred

I was at one of the playoff finals 2 years ago, and I swear the woman down my row left before extra time...must have been a similar job
I suppose that is the problem with Wembley. It is in the arse end (literally) of nowhere.

ZupZup

Hull away ballot results are out. No luck myself this time but at least it looks like less people are applying now... because of the new rules I presume.

For this game we received 7,279 applications and success rates are as follows:

Season Ticket holders in the Loyalty Pot = 85%
Other eligible Season Ticket holders = 20%
Executive Club Members = 38%
Accessible ticket Loyalty Pot = 87%
Accessible ticket Standard Pot = 80%

Shimo

I suddenly have to be in London next week and realized the Community Shield game is then. Am thinking of trying to get to the game and am looking for tickets. Any suggestions on a site that is reputable/legitimate to buy them? I found http://www.livefootballtickets.com but, not sure on their reputation.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I suddenly have to be in London next week and realized the Community Shield game is then. Am thinking of trying to get to the game and am looking for tickets. Any suggestions on a site that is reputable/legitimate to buy them? I found http://www.livefootballtickets.com but, not sure on their reputation.
Never used it myself but I've read that those type of websites are a bit hit and miss - search for reviews online but they will mainly be negative I guess cause those are the people that have gone to the effort to review..

If you are going to try it then just use a credit card as then you should be able to claim it back from your bank if anything goes wrong.

Shimo

Never used it myself but I've read that those type of websites are a bit hit and miss - search for reviews online but they will mainly be negative I guess cause those are the people that have gone to the effort to review..

If you are going to try it then just use a credit card as then you should be able to claim it back from your bank if anything goes wrong.
Thanks - appreciate it. Will do some more research.

D1VSP

Hi,
Any Spares for Southampton going? looking for a pair

Krusqy

Thinking about buying a ticket in the Leicester end. Never been to Wembley, is it possible to walk from one end to the other? Or do they block it off?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thinking about buying a ticket in the Leicester end. Never been to Wembley, is it possible to walk from one end to the other? Or do they block it off?
Not sure what you mean by that?!
You can walk around the whole ground OUTSIDE.
But clearly you can only walk around your actual block inside.

FraserP1

The two ends of the ground are usually fenced off. Also at the recent games, the stewards were checking tickets as you entered the seating area. So there is little chance to get into a different area. There were also Utd stewards at one of the games assisting the Wembly staff.

eggwithsideburns

What would be the best way of buying tickets for Rooney's match? I went on the united website and signed up and booked two tickets, but before paying I just wondered what would happen next, would they send me the tickets in the post? would I get them in time for the match though? Thanks.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What would be the best way of buying tickets for Rooney's match? I went on the united website and signed up and booked two tickets, but before paying I just wondered what would happen next, would they send me the tickets in the post? would I get them in time for the match though? Thanks.
Doubt you would get them in the post now, you would have to pick them up from the ticket office I would have thought.