All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Boothy

Tried last night mate, got told outbound only.

Office shut now as well so doubt will get anything from them.

Though do live near Blackburn so may well ring me tomorrow going off past experiences. You not got any spares mate? :D

Maccaa

Tried last night mate, got told outbound only.

Office shut now as well so doubt will get anything from them.

Though do live near Blackburn so may well ring me tomorrow going off past experiences. You not got any spares mate? :D
Good luck getting a ticket mate I really didn't expect it to be this hard. Seen people swapping all sorts for them! Going to be big numbers travelling without one including myself up too now!

ManRed

Looking for 1 against Chelsea. (i know too soon) Stay in the area will be a crime to miss it.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Where do United fans go pre-Chelsea games? After having to turn down an away ticket to the 4-0 loss, I'm hoping to find someone selling a ticket this time around.

hp88

Where do United fans go pre-Chelsea games? After having to turn down an away ticket to the 4-0 loss, I'm hoping to find someone selling a ticket this time around.
Courtfield, it's opposite Earls Court tube station.

ZupZup

Looking for 1 against Chelsea. (i know too soon) Stay in the area will be a crime to miss it.
Would be a crime if you got a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who travels far and wide to support their team!

Zebs

Would be a crime if you got a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who travels far and wide to support their team!
Financial/Living circumstances mean not everyone can afford to get a season ticket. I travel up as often as I can, usually costing at least £150 a go all inclusive. Doesn't make me or ManRed any less deserving than you does it?

Financial and living circumstances mean not everyone can afford to get a season ticket. I travel up as often as I can, usually costing at least £150 a go all inclusive. Doesn't make me or ManRed any less deserving than you does it?
They are talking about him saying he stays in London so wants an away ticket for the Chelsea FA Cup game at the bridge @Zebs.

Or maybe he does mean the home PL game and they jumped the gun, but the timing of his post just after the draw makes you think he's talking about the FA Cup match :)

ZupZup

Financial/Living circumstances mean not everyone can afford to get a season ticket. I travel up as often as I can, usually costing at least £150 a go all inclusive. Doesn't make me or ManRed any less deserving than you does it?
Less deserving of a ticket to Chelsea away? Yes it does make you less deserving actually...

Zebs

They are talking about him saying he stays in London so wants an away ticket for the Chelsea FA Cup game at the bridge @Zebs.

Or maybe he does mean the home PL game and they jumped the gun, but the timing of his post just after the draw makes you think he's talking about the FA Cup match :)
Whoops, misread.

I still think saying it'd be a crime is a bit of a stretch though!

ZupZup

I still think saying it'd be a crime is a bit of a stretch though!
He said it'd be a crime if he didn't get one! I'd love to go and even as a season ticket holder who travels to any away I can get my hands on - there is probably a 70% chance I won't get a ticket...

ManRed

He called it a crime to miss so asked for that kind of response in fairness.
I stay 10 minutes from Stamford bridge. To have United playing 10 minutes from your house and not going to see will be difficult to take. Calling it a crime is just adding dramatic affect.

ManRed

I would never want a ticket before a season ticket holder or anyone who travels far and wide around Europe to watch united play. I do go to OT few times a season but financial/work situation doesn't allow me to go as much as I like. I have never watched United play away and for it to be at SB and 10 minutes away would be a perfect mix.

I just posted it soon so if anyone does one to drop out I have put my hat first in the ring. Thats all

ZupZup

I would never want a ticket before a season ticket holder or anyone who travels far and wide around Europe to watch united play. I do go to OT few times a season but financial/work situation doesn't allow me to go as much as I like. I have never watched United play away and for it to be at SB and 10 minutes away would be a perfect mix.

I just posted it soon so if anyone does one to drop out I have put my hat first in the ring. Thats all
It was only the 'crime to miss it' thing that made me chime in tbh... I have no issue with anyone wanting tickets to a game and appreciate not everyone can be local and it costs a fortune to follow your team nowadays. It just came across like you felt entitled because you are local to the Bridge when tickets to the match are going to be in huge demand and most will sadly miss out.

I'd suggest you do what @Zebs is doing if you're that close... pop in to the Courtfield before the match and see if anyone is selling a spare. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ManRed

It was only the 'crime to miss it' thing that made me chime in tbh... I have no issue with anyone wanting tickets to a game and appreciate not everyone can be local and it costs a fortune to follow your team nowadays. It just came across like you felt entitled because you are local to the Bridge when tickets to the match are going to be in huge demand and most will sadly miss out.

I'd suggest you do what @Zebs is doing if you're that close... pop in to the Courtfield before the match and see if anyone is selling a spare. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Yes I think I went too dramatic with the way I said it. I will go to the ground if i dont manage to get a ticket here.

saivet

I'm also putting a wishful message out there too. Live near London, so would be fine to pick up any last minute spares for the cup final on Sunday

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
'I've got a spare for the Cup final, i know i'll offer it up to a random bloke on the Caf'.

You'd have to have literally no mates.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
'I've got a spare for the Cup final, i know i'll offer it up to a random bloke on the Caf'.

You'd have to have literally no mates.
Haha, that's my thinking as well unless you owe someone a favour.

P.S. I hope you don't think I have no friends for sorting you that Liverpool home brief all those years ago.. I made sure they were all sorted first! :D

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I was going to ask about the Bournemouth game but I'm not sure what's going on in this thread. Why are people having a go or taking the piss out of other people for asking about tickets, in the tickets thread for asking about tickets?

Has anyone in here demanded a ticket ahead of anyone else?

ZupZup

I was going to ask about the Bournemouth game but I'm not sure what's going on in this thread. Why are people having a go or taking the piss out of other people for asking about tickets, in the tickets thread for asking about tickets?

Unfortunately I've only got spares for the Cup Final and City away at the moment... if anything comes up for Bournemouth though, I'll let you know!

Joking aside, you're right... post away mate. Hopefully someone can sort you out.

No-one is taking the piss out of anyone asking for home match tickets in fairness, people just had a little laugh at the idea of having Chelsea away "spares" or Wembley cup final "spares".

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

To even have a sniff of getting an away/cup final ticket direct from the club, you need to be a season ticket holder opted into the automatic cup scheme which, minimum, will set you back about a grand over the season. Some people then take offence to other people asking for these tickets.

Personally, I've never had a go at anyone trying their luck, but I do quietly admire their optimism from a distance.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Calm down - Hardly 'having a go', just poking fun at the exceedingly optimistic Cup final ticket requests.

You'll probably get sorted for the B'mouth game, i've been helped out on here many a time.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Haha, that's my thinking as well unless you owe someone a favour.

P.S. I hope you don't think I have no friends for sorting you that Liverpool home brief all those years ago.. I made sure they were all sorted first! :D
Was that a swap deal mate? (As in did i sort you one back?).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
No I think we just ended up with one spare between us and I gave it to you as you asked in here IIRC.

Different story for a cup final ticket, mind!
As if i got a Liverpool in here after saying that 3 posts ago :lol: