All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
So I created and paid for a membership for my friend through my season ticket account earlier this year. He now wants to apply for Athletico home but I believe this has to be done through his own membership account as I can't see any option to apply through mine which is an ST account. Does anyone know how he can log in to his account given I never created a password for him?

Robin

So I created and paid for a membership for my friend through my season ticket account earlier this year. He now wants to apply for Athletico home but I believe this has to be done through his own membership account as I can't see any option to apply through mine which is an ST account. Does anyone know how he can log in to his account given I never created a password for him?
I think a phone call to the club to sort this out , I don’t see why United would allow you to create a membership on your account for someone else , what would be the purpose

NextSeason

I think a phone call to the club to sort this out , I don’t see why United would allow you to create a membership on your account for someone else , what would be the purpose
So when I forwarded a ticket to a friend previously, I created him a free United account while logged into mine as the website lets you do that. He then asked to become a proper member so he can buy home tickets himself, so again I was able to purchase him a membership through my ST account as he was now part of my network and I could assign him the membership. Now fully confused on how he is supposed to login himself...

But yeah think you're right about contacting the ticket office to get it sorted, was just hoping to avoid that ordeal :lol:

ihateliverpool

ok pretty sure the free memberships only work to accept ticket transfers, any outright purchase or ballot etc you have to have a paid membership.

wouldn’t make sense if someone on a free membership could buy tickets, every member would befriend a st holder if that were the case and united would lose millions

NextSeason

ok pretty sure the free memberships only work to accept ticket transfers, any outright purchase or ballot etc you have to have a paid membership.

wouldn’t make sense if someone on a free membership could buy tickets, every member would befriend a st holder if that were the case and united would lose millions
Oh yeah agree, I probably did a poor job of explaining the situation. This member is a fully paid member, not a free one. His membership was created through my account so we're not sure how to log into it.

Have a good night!

Whatsername

Yeah, probably best to ring the ticket office. I’d had my son’s membership and then his season ticket attached to my account for years and it was never a problem but when we tried to set him up with an independent account it turned into a right faff, especially when everything went online last year. It got to the point where neither of us could log in, we always got a message saying that the account belonged to another user which even confused the club’s IT people. They changed our passwords on the system multiple times and we still couldn’t access the accounts.
They sorted it eventually somehow but even now his cup game ticket downloads come to my email account even though his own email address is linked to his season ticket, yet other things go directly to him.

Red00012

I was wondering if anyone had access to a spare away ticket for the first leg of the Atletico Madrid tie? I'm desperate to go, and would prefer not to sit in the general stands as of now. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.
It’s collection over in Madrid with ID required as it always is for European aways. So zero chance in a nutshell

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I was wondering if anyone had access to a spare away ticket for the first leg of the Atletico Madrid tie? I'm desperate to go, and would prefer not to sit in the general stands as of now. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.
Did you not manage to get one when they went to 0 credits?

Ober tan

When purchasing the Euro Aways what is the quickest way to do it? Do you select the choose seats for me feature or just go in an select one of the seats and hope you get in there first?
Anyone know what's quicker for this? Has anyone used the choose seats for me feature?

kcmitch

It’s collection over in Madrid with ID required as it always is for European aways. So zero chance in a nutshell
What do you think the odds are of scoring an extra from someone at the pub after pickup? Or is pickup only immediately before the match? I've never done an away match in Europe sadly, so a little rusty on the protocols especially post COVID.

Did you not manage to get one when they went to 0 credits?
This is all very spur of the moment since I was able to purchase a cheap flight in.

ihateliverpool

What do you think the odds are of scoring an extra from someone at the pub after pickup? Or is pickup only immediately before the match? I've never done an away match in Europe sadly, so a little rusty on the protocols especially post COVID.

pickup is likely to be the day before the game and the day of the game.

yes you will find the odd person in a bar who has got too drunk to go but they usually give their ticket to people they know.

ID checks at the turnstile are a possibility too. It didn’t happen to many people in Villarreal so far as I know but I know at least one guy who got checked, he was on his own ticket so was ok

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
1 ticket available for Brighton at home on Tuesday, 15th Feb in N2402 (Safe standing section).

Face value £38.

kcmitch

Thanks, just bought a ticket in the adjacent stand to the away end. Hopefully someone on here requests two and has a mate who can't go.

JimmyC99

Have to be quick , there are odd ones but you have to keep refreshing as more and more keep popping up
Yeah when I posted the message there were seats available in every block but by the time my message was approved there was only singles left! The demands mad we really do need to bring out a loyalty system, it’s such a ballache having to check the website every hour of every day

Reactions: Rood

Brendcam82

theres still a few popping up now and again for Watford. I managed to get 2 x tickets for me and my son. For the first time this season i actually got a ticket alert email from the club!

philipos

In answer to the question about getting an Atletico away ticket in the pub before the match, that would mean would someone having purchased a ticket (maybe with at least one credit), going over to Madrid, picking up the ticket with their ID and then deciding not to go to the match but to let you have the ticket instead! Not going to happen. Your best bet is to hope that the club gets returns prior to the match and you being in the right place at the right time to pick one up.

Reactions: Rood

cbmufc

Missed the Watford sale, after 2/3 if anyone has any spares. Cheers.

JimmyC99

Missed the Watford sale, after 2/3 if anyone has any spares. Cheers.
The club don’t have a returns list anymore, this was scrapped when ticketing went online

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah you lazy bastad!

(Scuttles back off, despite having read 8am today the ballot shut, totally missed the next week date, and came on here to ask the same question :) )

rsb

Interesting just seen the season ticket renewal email. Looks like the club are enforcing ST holders to use their ticket for 10/19 matches otherwise you aren't entitled to a renewal the season after. Sort of guessed this would happen with it all going digital and Utd getting access to the data to see how many times people are forwarding their tickets on.

K Stand Knut

Can we change an adult ticket to a child’s ticket?

I think it’s a rhetorical question because it doesn’t appear to allow it on the website.

Just wondering if it is worth it for a game I can’t go to and lad wants my ticket for his daughter.

If not, there is no benefit to swapping over to him because I’ll just send him my original e-mail

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just got an email about the chance to get back on the season ticket after taking a year's break.

You can get in on March 7th apparently, based on who isn't renewing.

You have to go to at least 10 /19 league games though, as opposed to binning them off through the code exchange thing, or you lose out on a 23/24 ticket.

So a quick question, is it easy to just give a trusted pal your code for a game you can't make, like as you did with the card?
Do you get your season ticket code on an email / is printable, like with individual match tickets?

I understand the "official" switch mechanism where they'd generate a fresh code and send it to a member you designate...

hp88

Can we change an adult ticket to a child’s ticket?

I think it’s a rhetorical question because it doesn’t appear to allow it on the website.

Just wondering if it is worth it for a game I can’t go to and lad wants my ticket for his daughter.

If not, there is no benefit to swapping over to him because I’ll just send him my original e-mail
I have tried it for the FA Cup game it wouldn’t let me do it either, guessing you can only upgrade to an adult when transferring.

rsb

Just got an email about the chance to get back on the season ticket after taking a year's break.

You have to go to at least 10 /19 league games though, as opposed to binning them off through the code exchange thing, or you lose out on a 23/24 ticket.

So a quick question, is it easy to just give a trusted pal your code for a game you can't make, like as you did with the card?
Do you get your season ticket code on an email / is printable, like with individual match tickets?

I understand the "official" switch mechanism where they'd generate a fresh code and send it to a member you designate...
You have to give the actual season ticket QR code. I have seen screenshots not working at the turnstiles

hp88

It was just a QR code this year so you can screenshot it to your mate if you like.

Just to add as well if you donate your ticket to the foundation it counts as attending.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was just a QR code this year so you can screenshot it to your mate if you like.

Just to add as well if you donate your ticket to the foundation it counts as attending.
That's encouraging, on both.

I think the "smart" option is to get a few tickets when they do that pre season release. Missed that phase totally this year. Gamble on being able to do a few when they sort the exact date/timings etc, and if not return them. The club seem to make it easier for members than season ticket holders in that way!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It says that ticket forwarding to a member counts too.
That's an absolutely key thing I missed there.
So they're basically worried about touts buying season tickets up, selling say 5 or 6 bigger games, and not bothering with the rest leaving an empty seat.
Whereas you can forward 19 games a season and they don't care!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You have to give the actual season ticket QR code. I have seen screenshots not working at the turnstiles
How can you give the actual QR code then? Do you have to give whoever is going in your phone?
Surely the screenshot is the exact same?

hp88

It says that ticket forwarding to a member counts too.
Yeah it’s basically going to stop empty seats or at least help reduce it. They should give you the option to sell it back to the club / general public if they really want to tackle the problem.

• If you are unable to attend a match next season, please forward your ticket to another supporter online. In a change to our Terms & Conditions, your ticket must be used for at least 10 out of the 19 Premier League games, otherwise a renewal will not be offered for the 2023/24 season. Ticket forwarding and donating tickets to the MU Foundation will be available for the 2022/23 season, and utilising these options will count towards your ticket being used.
  • Concessionary ticket holders are required to personally attend 10 out of the 19 Premier League games to continue receiving any relevant discount.

hp88

How can you give the actual QR code then? Do you have to give whoever is going in your phone?
I haven’t had any issues with screenshots, you can text the QR code though so it’s straightforward.

rsb

Only going off what i heard the steward say - guy in front was having trouble scanning at turnstiles and the steward asked whether it was a screenshot as they dont work?

LooseCannon

Pair in the stretford end available for Southampton on Saturday.

DM me for details