All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If any season ticket holder with a pair for some odd reason doesn't want to go to the Atletico game, by all means drop me a PM :)

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hi

Was hoping someone could help me with advise, new to the forum.

I am attending Madrid @ home with my son who is 15.

I am an Adult Member (Lite) and he is a Junr Member (Lite)

We dont have season tix, but a friend does and he is giving us his 2 tix for this game.

He is transferring the tix to our Membership passes.

Was just wondering, if he has 2 Adult Tix for this game, and we are attending as 1 adult and 1 junior, will this be allowed ok? I.e. a Junior Member use a Adult ticket for match.

Thanks in advance
They love kids on adults tickets. More cash. Will not be an issue.

daveoliver91

Looking for a couple of tickets for the Spurs game and Atletico game, in case anyone can't attend!

onemufc

Nice to see the ticket alert working to remind me there is hospitality seating for athletico game :rolleyes:

Corey

Hey guys, I need some advice.

My brother and I are getting the train to Manchester this Saturday as we have tickets for the 3pm game against Watford.
Annoyingly I recently tore a ligament in my knee so I'm currently using crutches to walk. I'm trying to work out how to get from Old Trafford to Manchester Piccadilly train station after the game, given my lack of mobility. I'm alright walking shortish distances, but I can't do medium/long walks and I want to avoid being on a crowded tram.

Ideally we would get an Uber or cab back to the station.
However, the few times I've been to Old Trafford I've noticed that the surrounding area has been gridlocked with traffic after the game.
We have roughly an hour and a half between the final whistle and our train departing - even with the post-game traffic, that should be enough time, right? Since it's only a ten minute drive when there's minimal traffic.

Does anyone have experience getting an Uber from the Old Trafford Uber Zone to the station? Is this a good idea or do you spend too long waiting?
Am I better arranging a cab rather than an Uber? If so, where would they even be able to pick usup from?

I'm currently thinking my best bet is to call some cab companies in Manchester to explain the situation and arrange in advance a pickup spot near the stadium. I imagine they must have done many of these post game trips from Old Trafford to the station, so they should know what to do.

I'm stressing out a bit so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ober tan

My brother and I are getting the train to Manchester this Saturday as we have tickets for the 3pm game against Watford.
Annoyingly I recently tore a ligament in my knee so I'm currently using crutches to walk. I'm trying to work out how to get from Old Trafford to Manchester Piccadilly train station after the game, given my lack of mobility. I'm alright walking shortish distances, but I can't do medium/long walks and I want to avoid being on a crowded tram.

However, the few times I've been to Old Trafford I've noticed that the surrounding area has been gridlocked with traffic after the game.
We have roughly an hour and a half between the final whistle and our train departing - even with the post-game traffic, that should be enough time, right? Since it's only a ten minute drive when there's minimal traffic.

Does anyone have experience getting an Uber from the Old Trafford Uber Zone to the station? Is this a good idea or do you spend too long waiting?
Am I better arranging a cab rather than an Uber? If so, where would they even be able to pick usup from?

I'm currently thinking my best bet is to call some cab companies in Manchester to explain the situation and arrange in advance a pickup spot near the stadium. I imagine they must have done many of these post game trips from Old Trafford to the station, so they should know what to do.

an hour and a half is plenty of time, get a taxi to pick you up from somewhere near DFS it's not far to walk from the ground

ryan_forlan

Gullible
hi folks. need some advice.
Four of us are travelling to Manchester from India (via London). We plan to watch the Leicester match on 2nd April. We have booked an Airbnb. It looks like a modern luxury apartment, it is super close to the Manchester Piccadilly Station.
I noticed yesterday that the apartment does not have a "heater". TBH, I was not even looking for it, but the list of amenities for the apartment showed a strikeout. I am not sure if it should matter or not. We are there for 1 night, 2nd April.
Does it matter? Will we even be using it?
Thanks.

PS: Any one with spares for Leicester game, 2, 3 or 4. Please let me know here or in DM. Cheers. :-)

Whatsername

We always park in E3 which is virtually on the opposite side of the road to the front of Hotel Football, so it’s very close to the stadium and I’m sure I’ve seen signs there saying that it’s an Uber pick up point.
Might be worth just ringing the club and asking, and if it is then it’s quick to get off there and on the way towards the city.

Edit to add this https://pdf4pro.com/cdn/old-trafford-the-theatre-of-dreams-225496.pdf
The Uber pick up point is shown in E3 on the map on page 3, and mentioned on page 2. Not sure how current this is though so best to give them a call to check.

Last edited:

LJP

hi folks. need some advice.
Four of us are travelling to Manchester from India (via London). We plan to watch the Leicester match on 2nd April. We have booked an Airbnb. It looks like a modern luxury apartment, it is super close to the Manchester Piccadilly Station.
I noticed yesterday that the apartment does not have a "heater". TBH, I was not even looking for it, but the list of amenities for the apartment showed a strikeout. I am not sure if it should matter or not. We are there for 1 night, 2nd April.
Does it matter? Will we even be using it?
Thanks.

PS: Any one with spares for Leicester game, 2, 3 or 4. Please let me know here or in DM. Cheers. :-)
Worry not, there will be a heating system of some sort in the apartment. More than likely central heating (integrated). I have seen AirBnB before where they have said it doesn’t have a heater, and what it means is that it doesn’t have a stand alone heater. Like an oil filled or gas type.

LJP

Spurs on sale
What was available, did you see?
All that is left are some £200 tickets in NW3435.

The way United release these is a shambles.
The expectation that you just sit at a computer and refresh to see if there are any releases.

I know they offer an email service, but generally it’s too late when the email lands.

I have checked for Spurs tickets a few times a day, for the last few weeks on the UTD site.

Robin

There are also special double decker buses that run from Chester Rd outside the Ford garage , to the city centre they are pretty quick away as the rest of the traffic is held back whilst the fans cross, obviously they are pretty crammed full but there are usually cabs hanging around there as well

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

The expectation that you just sit at a computer and refresh to see if there are any releases.

I know they offer an email service, but generally it’s too late when the email lands.

I have checked for Spurs tickets a few times a day, for the last few weeks on the UTD site.
It's ridiculous and we should all be hammering them for it.
I have a good moan at them and ask them to refer it up whenever I'm unfortunate enough to have communication with them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do they no longer do the secondary ballot ?
Seemingly not.
So it's the off chance on some randoms not paying for their tickets coming back available, returns, or the £250 execs for Madrid!!

JimmyC99

Most blocks but obviously didn’t click in to them all so not sure how many seats were actually available. I only looked in the Stretford End tier 2’s where there were a fair few pairs dotted about, but I was after 3 tickets so settled for Tier 3.

hoffycoffy

Well then... Looks like the ballot is mostly done - Where is everyone sat/stood for match against Atletico on 15th March? Im up against the roof in E334, but can't imagine there will be a bad seat in the ground for a match like this!

LJP

It's ridiculous and we should all be hammering them for it.
I have a good moan at them and ask them to refer it up whenever I'm unfortunate enough to have communication with them.
Appreciating that I don’t know the inner workings of the Ticket Office and their systems, I don’t think it would be too difficult to run a secondary ballot. A 24 hour one, or similar.

What happens at the start of the season. Do they open all games for ballot. And run the ballots months in advance?

I see on the website, most of the games (apart from Chelsea), have said ballot is complete.

Whatsername

Well then... Looks like the ballot is mostly done - Where is everyone sat/stood for match against Atletico on 15th March? Im up against the roof in E334, but can't imagine there will be a bad seat in the ground for a match like this!
We sit/mostly stand in E239. Our seats used to be a couple of rows from the back of E332 until we moved for this season, it’s a bit of a climb but a decent view.

hoffycoffy

We sit/mostly stand in E239. Our seats used to be a couple of rows from the back of E332 until we moved for this season, it’s a bit of a climb but a decent view.
How's the atmosphere back there typically? I imagine it may be a bit better there than normal since it's a unique game and fans are spread all over with the ballot?

Heymrtangerineman

In the unlikely event that any ST holders can't go to the Madrid game then I'm looking for two tickets.

That's 10 ballots in a row without success :mad:

ElBarto

In the unlikely event that any ST holders can't go to the Madrid game then I'm looking for two tickets.

That's 10 ballots in a row without success :mad:
It's a shocking system- you'd think there would be some order to the process to have an even spread of access to the top matches

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Where's the best place to park before the match?
Aiming to get there around 2:30 and happy to walk 15/20 mins if it means i'm not stuck in the traffic afterwards and back on the motorway within a reasonable time.

LJP

Where's the best place to park before the match?
Aiming to get there around 2:30 and happy to walk 15/20 mins if it means i'm not stuck in the traffic afterwards and back on the motorway within a reasonable time.
I have parked on Waterside, adjacent to the Premier Inn on SAF Way. They are business units that have parking spaces, with attendees directing you into space and taking money. It’s been £10 to park there. Easy access to the ground. Getting out takes time, but that’s the case in many/most places.

As for free spaces, I am not too sure.
The club have sent out notices about the Council issuing parking tickets for abandoned cars. Something to bear in mind.

I’ve seen a lot of match day traffic heading to the Quays, with tailbacks to get in. I can only assume the Quays has an element of free parking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has anyone ever stayed at the premier inn about 200metres from the ground?

Always wondered what that one would be like, to just roll into after the game, but normally aren't decisive enough to book before it gets to £100 plus!

Could imagine it'd just be hyped up boozy fans singing all night, but open to being corrected!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I have parked on Waterside, adjacent to the Premier Inn on SAF Way. They are business units that have parking spaces, with attendees directing you into space and taking money. It’s been £10 to park there. Easy access to the ground. Getting out takes time, but that’s the case in many/most places.

As for free spaces, I am not too sure.
The club have sent out notices about the Council issuing parking tickets for abandoned cars. Something to bear in mind.

I’ve seen a lot of match day traffic heading to the Quays, with tailbacks to get in. I can only assume the Quays has an element of free parking.
Thanks for this, definitely gonna look at both Waterside & Quays.