All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

robthered

After checking in daily for a month or so, the Spurs release happens when I’m on top of a mountain, of course. Absolute shambles with the random releases…
Anyway - looking for three together (I know, I know…) for my lads birthday. All 3 of us members.
Cheers

philipos

Where's the best place to park before the match?
Aiming to get there around 2:30 and happy to walk 15/20 mins if it means i'm not stuck in the traffic afterwards and back on the motorway within a reasonable time.
I park in a car park half way along Warren Bruce Way which costs £10. It's a good 10-15 minute walk from the ground but it's easy to get out of the car park and if you leave straightaway on the final whistle and walk briskly to the car, the traffic from there is pretty good - I join the M60 at Jnct 10 even if I'm going south.

Corey

an hour and a half is plenty of time, get a taxi to pick you up from somewhere near DFS it's not far to walk from the ground
We always park in E3 which is virtually on the opposite side of the road to the front of Hotel Football, so it’s very close to the stadium and I’m sure I’ve seen signs there saying that it’s an Uber pick up point.
Might be worth just ringing the club and asking, and if it is then it’s quick to get off there and on the way towards the city.

Edit to add this https://pdf4pro.com/cdn/old-trafford-the-theatre-of-dreams-225496.pdf
The Uber pick up point is shown in E3 on the map on page 3, and mentioned on page 2. Not sure how current this is though so best to give them a call to check.
There are also special double decker buses that run from Chester Rd outside the Ford garage , to the city centre they are pretty quick away as the rest of the traffic is held back whilst the fans cross, obviously they are pretty crammed full but there are usually cabs hanging around there as well
Thanks a lot everyone for your advice :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still no word on the April tv moves?
Were meant to be out this week, and I know they love to smuggle them in 4.30-5pm ish, but nothing by 5.45 is weird.

Smudgers

hi , just a quick one we’re unable to go to the match tomorrow vs Watford, , we’ve got THE lergy I have two season tickets wondering if the club will buy them off me ? Long shot I know

Robin

hi , just a quick one we’re unable to go to the match tomorrow vs Watford, , we’ve got THE lergy I have two season tickets wondering if the club will buy them off me ? Long shot I know
They won’t buy them off you now but I’ve got a friend looking to buy a single if you want to sell one of them

ihateliverpool

Hi guys, a friend of mine is going to the game tomorrow but doesn’t have a smartphone (he’s 85!)

ive tried printing his ticket for him, but the qr code prints as as solid black box,
what am I doing wrong?! Would appreciate any help!

Conan2019

Hi folks any help appreciate

I’ve tickets for upcoming game , row 7 South stand

trying to figure out if this is seven rows from pitch ? It’s just when I Google it it seems to be first few rows right next to pitch are letters example GG, JJ etc

thanks any help appreciated

ihateliverpool

Hi guys, a friend of mine is going to the game tomorrow but doesn’t have a smartphone (he’s 85!)

ive tried printing his ticket for him, but the qr code prints as as solid black box,
tried on my desktop and it worked, no idea why the iPad didn’t

Whatsername

Still no word on the April tv moves?
Were meant to be out this week, and I know they love to smuggle them in 4.30-5pm ish, but nothing by 5.45 is weird.
They’ve not all been announced yet due to the FA Cup and not knowing who’ll be involved in the next rounds in April but so far we’re home to Leicester at 5.30pm on April 2nd and away to Everton at 12.30pm on the 9th.

Whatsername

How's the atmosphere back there typically? I imagine it may be a bit better there than normal since it's a unique game and fans are spread all over with the ballot?
It depends on the game, although that goes for anywhere in the ground but it definitely should be decent for this.
We used to find a lot of tourists ended up there on occasions (no offence meant if you don’t get to many games but these were tourists in the true sense of the word. The ones taking selfies with the pitch behind them multiple times during the games and videoing the crowd rather than showing any interest in what was happening on the pitch).

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They’ve not all been announced yet due to the FA Cup and not knowing who’ll be involved in the next rounds in April but so far we’re home to Leicester at 5.30pm on April 2nd and away to Everton at 12.30pm on the 9th.
Is the Liverpool away game that likely to get moved due to the FA Cup? I had thought this, but seen people on twitter organising buses for the Sunday.

Whatsername

Anyone travelling up the M6 today, keep an eye on the traffic reports later on because it’s currently closed between 14 and 15.
Highways England aren’t expecting it to clear until at least 1pm.

Last edited:

ElBarto

Can you take a photo of the QR code and print that photo?

Robin

Is the Liverpool away game that likely to get moved due to the FA Cup? I had thought this, but seen people on twitter organising buses for the Sunday.
If Liverpool beat Norwich which is quite likely then our game v them will be rearranged as the cup has preference

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Folks,
Need a little bit of help.
I will be watching the Leicester game at OT and then heading back to London the next day(Sunday 3rd April). My train reaches Euston station in London at 3:06 pm. At 4:30 pm Spurs Vs Newcastle kicksoff at the cheese room. My friend and I will have to drop our bags at some storage in or close to euston station and then rush to the cheese room.
The following is what I am thinking:
1. Reach Euston at 3:06 pm.
2. Submit our bags and board an underground by 3:31 pm. Then take a bus and reach Spurs stadium by 4:01 pm.

My questions:
1. Is it realistic to think that we reach euston station by 3:06pm and drop bags and board an underground at 3:31pm?
2. will we get space in the bus and train to spurs stadium? will these be packed?
3. if we reach stadium by 4:01 or 4:11, will we be able to make it to our seat in time for the kick off?

Thanks.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Folks,
I will be watching the Leicester game at OT and then heading back to London the next day(Sunday 3rd April). My train reaches Euston station in London at 3:06 pm. At 4:30 pm Spurs Vs Newcastle kicksoff at the cheese room. My friend and I will have to drop our bags at some storage in or close to euston station and then rush to the cheese room.
2. Submit our bags and board an underground by 3:31 pm. Then take a bus and reach Spurs stadium by 4:01 pm.

My questions:
1. Is it realistic to think that we reach euston station by 3:06pm and drop bags and board an underground at 3:31pm?
2. will we get space in the bus and train to spurs stadium? will these be packed?
3. if we reach stadium by 4:01 or 4:11, will we be able to make it to our seat in time for the kick off?

Thanks.
Just about doable assuming your train runs on time- there is a Left Luggage place in Euston Station

K Stand Knut

Folks,

My questions:

Thanks.
I think you’re timings are a bit out personally.

Google maps says 27 minutes on an underground and then overground train from Euston to the stadium. This doesn’t leave much room for manoeuvre in terms of being there for 16.01 but obviously is possible.

I’d be a bit surprised if there wasn’t ‘bag drops’ at the stadium for over-sized baggage and I’d recommend utilising that unless you know it is quicker to do that part of the process at Euston specifically.

If you’re issue is getting there for kick off I would say you’ll be fine but it is a Sunday, UK trains are notoriously shite on a Sunday and your day is open to all sorts of catastrophes.

An earlier train from Manchester might be wise

LJP

Folks,

My questions:

Thanks.
Can you do a Vlog of all that?
It looks like some craic.

Best of luck with it!

Whatsername

Just about doable assuming your train runs on time- there is a Left Luggage place in Euston Station
Yes, not sure how long it takes to check luggage in but the tube station entrance is just a minute walk away.

As someone said earlier though, an earlier train from Manchester would be better. They’re not exactly reliable for running to time and Sundays are sometimes used for engineering work on the tracks meaning that when that happens some of the journey will be by rail replacement bus which takes much longer.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
@LJP @Whatsername @K Stand Knut @Rood
Thanks for your response.
What I gather from you comments is that, it could be possible. But being a Sunday, trains are not reliable. So, taking an earlier train from Manchester will make things smoother.
My friend might not be able to do that, as he has the OT tour to do in the morning, 10 am to 11:30 am. So we calculated that the earliest train he can take is 12:55.
I might be able to take the train at 12:15 and reach Euston at 2:26pm. That might give us the buffer I need to deal with bags etc.
Issue is I have already booked by Euston to Piccadilly | Picadilly to Euston return trip via Omio.
Picadilly to Euston Trip is - 12:55 - 15:06 as of now.
Following are the ticket terms -
Outbound: valid on any Off-Peak train on the date shown on the ticket, and up to 04.29 the following day, subject to any operator or route restrictions. Return: valid on any Off-Peak train up to a calendar month from the outbound date and up to 04.29 the following day, subject to any operator or route restrictions.

Completely unused tickets can be refunded for a fee of £10.00 within 28 days of the last day of validity.

Question:
I am not sure what this means. Can I somehow move this to an earlier train? I can't find the process on Omio. Omio, is just giving me the option to cancel for a 10 pound loss. Any idea on what my options are to move the ticket? Should I just take the 10 pound hit and reschedule for me?

Comments:
Spurs stadium does not have a baggage locker, there are some around the stadium, in that case, I would prefer doing it around Euston Station.
Vlog, haha, I am horrible with cameras and phone cameras. I doubt I will be able to manage this.

K Stand Knut

@LJP @Whatsername @K Stand Knut @Rood
Thanks for your response.
What I gather from you comments is that, it could be possible. But being a Sunday, trains are not reliable. So, taking an earlier train from Manchester will make things smoother.
My friend might not be able to do that, as he has the OT tour to do in the morning, 10 am to 11:30 am. So we calculated that the earliest train he can take is 12:55.
I might be able to take the train at 12:15 and reach Euston at 2:26pm. That might give us the buffer I need to deal with bags etc.
Issue is I have already booked by Euston to Piccadilly | Picadilly to Euston return trip via Omio.
Picadilly to Euston Trip is - 12:55 - 15:06 as of now.
Following are the ticket terms -
Outbound: valid on any Off-Peak train on the date shown on the ticket, and up to 04.29 the following day, subject to any operator or route restrictions. Return: valid on any Off-Peak train up to a calendar month from the outbound date and up to 04.29 the following day, subject to any operator or route restrictions.

Completely unused tickets can be refunded for a fee of £10.00 within 28 days of the last day of validity.

Question:
I am not sure what this means. Can I somehow move this to an earlier train? I can't find the process on Omio. Omio, is just giving me the option to cancel for a 10 pound loss. Any idea on what my options are to move the ticket? Should I just take the 10 pound hit and reschedule for me?

Comments:
Spurs stadium does not have a baggage locker, there are some around the stadium, in that case, I would prefer doing it around Euston Station.
Vlog, haha, I am horrible with cameras and phone cameras. I doubt I will be able to manage this.
I think it essentially means that the ticket can be used on ANY off-peak train and you are tied to a specific train for either journey so can go to an earlier/later one if required.

You can do the journey between OT and Piccadilly in 13 minutes if you get a taxi so in theory you could get a train at 12.00 or damn close to that time.

Hope this makes sense

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I think it essentially means that the ticket can be used on ANY off-peak train and you are tied to a specific train for either journey so can go to an earlier/later one if required.

You can do the journey between OT and Piccadilly in 13 minutes if you get a taxi so in theory you could get a train at 12.00 or damn close to that time.

Hope this makes sense
Thanks a lot @K Stand Knut
One last thing about the train thing, whatever you are saying is what my understanding was. I can take an earlier and later train. But what confuses me is that, along with my booking there is this white ticket with text in black, which has a QR code and everything. This thing, mentions my Coach Alphabet and Seat Number. So if the booking has a specific seat associated with it, how can I just board another train at the same time? I am not sure I understand. I have sent a contact request to Omio asking on how I can board an earlier train. Lets see what they say. But if you know anything, do share. Thanks.

Last edited:

K Stand Knut

Thanks a lot @K Stand Knut
One last thing about the train thing, whatever you are saying is what my understanding was. I can take an earlier and later train. But what confuses me is that, along with my booking there is this white ticket, which has a QR code and everything. This thing, mentions my Coach Alphabet and Seat Number. So if the booking has a specific seat associated with it, how can I just board another train at the same time? I am not sure I understand. I have sent a contact request to Omio asking on how I can board an earlier train. Lets see what they say. But if you know anything, do share. Thanks.
I think that it will just be a case that you have a reserved seat on that specific train but it will not be reserved on any train that you might choose to swap to - i.e. seat 1A will not be reserved on every train on the specific date.

I think you’d be able to get a seat on any other train but you’ll have to look on the boards for ‘unreserved’ seats. Or sit in a reserved seat and hope someone doesn’t turn up to sit in it

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I think that it will just be a case that you have a reserved seat on that specific train but it will not be reserved on any train that you might choose to swap to - i.e. seat 1A will not be reserved on every train on the specific date.

I think you’d be able to get a seat on any other train but you’ll have to look on the boards for ‘unreserved’ seats. Or sit in a reserved seat and hope someone doesn’t turn up to sit in it
Got it.
And, lets say that seat i got is "E 34" on the 12:55 train. That will show as "reserved" on the board, but it will be empty. So someone can try their luck on it and ride home. got it. Thanks a lot for your patience bro.

K Stand Knut

Got it.
And, lets say that seat i got is "E 34" on the 12:55 train. That will show as "reserved" on the board, but it will be empty. So someone can try their luck on it and ride home. got it. Thanks a lot for your patience bro.
Yes!

With the added caveat that that is how I understand it.

So you’ll take an unreserved seat on the earlier train. You’re seat will be reserved on the later train but will be empty for someone try their luck sitting in it.

In terms of your bags, you could risk ‘free storage’ and leave it on the train. Someone will hand it in and you can collect it later. Although I doubt this Is my best ever idea

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Yes!

With the added caveat that that is how I understand it.

So you’ll take an unreserved seat on the earlier train. You’re seat will be reserved on the later train but will be empty for someone try their luck sitting in it.

In terms of your bags, you could risk ‘free storage’ and leave it on the train. Someone will hand it in and you can collect it later. Although I doubt this Is my best ever idea
Thanks a ton and a half. Will take an earlier train.
Will avoid the free storage though :-p

LJP

Still on the look out for 2 x Spurs Tickets.
Both Members. If there are any going.
Cheers in advance.

K Stand Knut

Anyone without an Atletico ticket might want to phone the club.

I messed up my payment card so missed out on a ticket originally and the club have just rang me to offer me a ticket………… in my own seat.

ElBarto

Anyone without an Atletico ticket might want to phone the club.

I messed up my payment card so missed out on a ticket originally and the club have just rang me to offer me a ticket………… in my own seat.
Just rang them, they said for some people payments weren't processed- they're in the process of contacting them now, so no additional opportunity really, thanks though

hoffycoffy

It depends on the game, although that goes for anywhere in the ground but it definitely should be decent for this.
We used to find a lot of tourists ended up there on occasions (no offence meant if you don’t get to many games but these were tourists in the true sense of the word. The ones taking selfies with the pitch behind them multiple times during the games and videoing the crowd rather than showing any interest in what was happening on the pitch).
Yeah I'm definitely aware it seems more of the "day trip" crowd tends to wind up there, but hopefully it will be decent for this one like you said. It's hard to say that I'm not a tourist as I'm not from England, but we certainly don't act like tourists!

K Stand Knut

Just rang them, they said for some people payments weren't processed- they're in the process of contacting them now, so no additional opportunity really, thanks though
Presumably why their ringing me, which is pretty good of them in fairness!!!

I MIGHT have a spare anyway but I’ll post on here if I do

louismuller54

Hi Everyone.
I already downloaded my eticket on my Apple Wallet for the Athletico game.
I am now not sure I can attend the game and I would like to transfer it to a friend (he is official member)
Can I forward him this virtual ticket (event if the name on the ticket wont be the right one...) or should i call the club or is there any option to do it online ?
I dont actually know if the rules "name on the ticket = name of the owner of the ticket" is mandatory for the CL games...
I appreciate your feedback
Louis