All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Have I missed out? was 300 in queue, got down to 0, told me it was sending me to the site and then just refreshed the ticket page saying sign up for ticket alerts?

I'm absolutely gutted. I had a ticket in my basket this morning and now nothing. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this Barcelona trip is a lot more to me than just a football match. I'll have to try outside the ground or pay over face value.
Gutted for you mate as I remember why you are so desperate to go and I gave you that initial advice earlier in this thread. Unfortunately our ticketing system is a load of piss and a bit sickening you had one in the basket then lost it, but loads of us have suffered the same fate. Not really a consolation at this point, but at least you had a go and had a chance at getting an official away ticket.

I think you said in your original post you are okay with sitting in the home end...I am sure you will find something out there for that so don't lose faith but just watch out for fakes. Have euros cash on you and ideally find someone who would be willing to enter the ground with you then take the money. All the best.

klayton88

Gutted for you mate as I remember why you are so desperate to go and I gave you that initial advice earlier in this thread. Unfortunately our ticketing system is a load of piss and a bit sickening you had one in the basket then lost it, but loads of us have suffered the same fate. Not really a consolation at this point, but at least you had a go and had a chance at getting an official away ticket.

I think you said in your original post you are okay with sitting in the home end...I am sure you will find something out there for that so don't lose faith but just watch out for fakes. Have euros cash on you and ideally find someone who would be willing to enter the ground with you then take the money. All the best.
Appreciate your kind words mate. It's the fact the club said about 850 were sold yet I was 300 in the queue that's pissed me off. I'll certainly be trying around the ground on the day but ideally wanted it all in place so I could get in the ground early and watch some warming up etc and generally chill out rather than running about trying to get a ticket without being had! Any obvious signs to look for when spotting a fake?

Chumpsbechumps

The only way someone can really send them on digitally is through a membership yes. Other than that it’s someone trusting you with their own QR code, something people aren’t really prepared to do with strangers.
That’s fair enough, how much is it to sign up to be a member? Thinking of taking my son to a game.

is there tickets regularly available in here and are they sold at face value? I can actually be flexible for games.

philipos

One ticket available for Charlton - South Stand Upper at £36 face value.

hughesie7

Appreciate your kind words mate. It's the fact the club said about 850 were sold yet I was 300 in the queue that's pissed me off. I'll certainly be trying around the ground on the day but ideally wanted it all in place so I could get in the ground early and watch some warming up etc and generally chill out rather than running about trying to get a ticket without being had! Any obvious signs to look for when spotting a fake?
300th in queue but could have been 500 actually in the ticket portal not the queue. They let x amount in at a time, don’t know what that number is though.

hughesie7

That’s fair enough, how much is it to sign up to be a member? Thinking of taking my son to a game.

is there tickets regularly available in here and are they sold at face value? I can actually be flexible for games.
club aren’t accepting any new memberships for this season now

Robin

Ah well, thanks for letting me know. Glazers not accepting money from fans, must be the end of the world.....
If you go onto the website there is a new “ forwarding membership”. You can’t purchase tickets but it will allow you to have tickets forwarded to you from season ticket holders. I’m not sure of the cost but that might be an option.

Chex

Can anyone do a pair for the palace game, both members of course. Any help massively appreciated

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love the email about a potential 4th round home game in the FA cup will go to a ballot.
About 3 games would need one, the rest will be straight to members sale surely.

Red00012

Membership is closed but there is a forwarding system still available I think it’s £15 each . If you’re looking for a pair and it’s not against the top 4 or Leeds you’ll get them on here . The next round of the cup would be a good choice provided we don’t get one of the bigger clubs .

Red00012

Love the email about a potential 4th round home game in the FA cup will go to a ballot.
About 3 games would need one, the rest will be straight to members sale surely.
Would love to see a ballot for Accrington Stanley . But they’ll send an email out saying City is going on sale in the morning and 60,000 in a queue .
I don’t understand how they get the Euro away system right and just make an absolute feck up of home games

Chriss10

Got my Barca away earlier in the week but managed to get 3 singles by refreshing for an hour or so non stop after it said sold out.

Returns will be dropped randomly over the next few weeks so those still looking for some, keep your eyes peeled.

redrudders

My tickets (x2) vs Charlton next week are available if anyone is looking for a pair, Stretford End tier 2. Drop me a message if so.

Thanks.

Rooney24

Got my Barca away earlier in the week but managed to get 3 singles by refreshing for an hour or so non stop after it said sold out.

Returns will be dropped randomly over the next few weeks so those still looking for some, keep your eyes peeled.
how can you get three singles after getting your own ticket ?

is your membership linked with three others ?

Chriss10

how can you get three singles after getting your own ticket ?

is your membership linked with three others ?
as long as you have other members linked through standard or strong relationships, you can basket a ticket and change the owner then checkout

sorry bud should’ve stated they was for other people!

Rooney24

as long as you have other members linked through standard or strong relationships, you can basket a ticket and change the owner then checkout

sorry bud should’ve stated they was for other people!
Thanks. Was just curious how it worked. I usually go to European aways on my own but membership is linked to my sons who is still a bit young to do them but good to know for the futures

Chumpsbechumps

If you go onto the website there is a new “ forwarding membership”. You can’t purchase tickets but it will allow you to have tickets forwarded to you from season ticket holders. I’m not sure of the cost but that might be an option.
Membership is closed but there is a forwarding system still available I think it’s £15 each . If you’re looking for a pair and it’s not against the top 4 or Leeds you’ll get them on here . The next round of the cup would be a good choice provided we don’t get one of the bigger clubs .
thanks for the heads up guys.

JB7

Wasn’t sure where else to post this but as I’ve got a ticket I’ll put it here; with us having so few free midweeks, and us being through in the Cup & Palace being out, do we think there’s any chance we might rearrange our away league game for the midweek after next which was left blank for potential Cup replays?

Ober tan

Wasn’t sure where else to post this but as I’ve got a ticket I’ll put it here; with us having so few free midweeks, and us being through in the Cup & Palace being out, do we think there’s any chance we might rearrange our away league game for the midweek after next which was left blank for potential Cup replays?
I saw it'll either be that or Leeds at home, depending if they draw against Cardiff tomorrow.

Fried Chicken FC

Would love to see a ballot for Accrington Stanley . But they’ll send an email out saying City is going on sale in the morning and 60,000 in a queue .
I don’t understand how they get the Euro away system right and just make an absolute feck up of home games
To be fair, they actually have implemented a loyalty system for the big home premier league games this season.

I have got a ticket for every balloted game this season including Leeds which got postponed. According to the minutes they are going to do that for the big cup games next season and I am well on board with that.

I have seen some people complaining but that is definitely the fairest way to do it. People complain that tickets are never available but Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth, Everton and Charlton were all on general sale to members for a few days.

If you really want to to attend the majority of the games you actually still can most of the time.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
To be fair, they actually have implemented a loyalty system for the big home premier league games this season.

I have got a ticket for every balloted game this season including Leeds which got postponed. According to the minutes they are going to do that for the big cup games next season and I am well on board with that.

I have seen some people complaining but that is definitely the fairest way to do it. People complain that tickets are never available but Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth, Everton and Charlton were all on general sale to members for a few days.

If you really want to to attend the majority of the games you actually still can most of the time.
Do you apply by yourself?

Fried Chicken FC

Do you apply by yourself?
Yes, but I only missed one game last season, so that's the reason why.

If someone else attended every game with me last season and we applied as a pair, I think we would be able to get tickets with the system they have in place now.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yes, but I only missed one game last season, so that's the reason why.

If someone else attended every game with me last season and we applied as a pair, I think we would be able to get tickets with the system they have in place now.

Nope.

I went to roughly 15 games last year on my tickets paired with my dad. Nothing this year.

Fried Chicken FC

Nope.

I went to roughly 15 games last year on my tickets paired with my dad. Nothing this year.
Maybe the cut off point was higher than 15? I recall another member on here said he attended 14 or 15 last season and he didn't get a ticket to one of the big games this season.

Not trying to argue with you or anything, but they definitely have implemented the system this season.

kcmitch

I’m going to be in the UK visiting from abroad for my birthday. Selhurst away is a bucket list match for me, it looks like it’s getting rescheduled for the 18th. I wasn’t sure if anyone had any info on how they’d handle away tickets for that on such short notice or if anyone had a spare away? Would forever be in your debt if someone does, and would happily buy many rounds before the match.

JB7

Palace now arranged for Wednesday 18th Jan.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If anyone can't make Palace due to the pisstake scheduling I will happily take and do my best to sort you in future.