All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Okey

I'm still looking if anyone got Bournemouth and can't make it. I really want to go for that game.

Bosws87

Anyone know if the strike effects all trains nation wide for the cup final or is it just going into/out of London? Hard to find any info on it online
Avanti West Coast; Chiltern Railways; CrossCountry; East Midlands Railway; Great Western Railway; Greater Anglia; GTR – Great Northern and Thameslink; LNER; Northern; Southeastern; Southern/Gatwick Express; South Western Railway; SWR depot drivers; SWR Island Line; TransPennine Express; and West Midlands Trains.

mark_a

Has anybody used the finance option for renewing their Season ticket? I've got the money to pay for the thing, but if it's interested (or fee) free then the cash is better with me and I'll happily pay monthly.
If you go through the payment options, there doesn't seem to be anything that tells you about the terms from V12 Finance at all, so it seems likely you only find out the interest and/or fee when you apply/pay? Which seems a bit of a con!

robinrooney

Has anybody used the finance option for renewing their Season ticket? I've got the money to pay for the thing, but if it's interested (or fee) free then the cash is better with me and I'll happily pay monthly.
If you go through the payment options, there doesn't seem to be anything that tells you about the terms from V12 Finance at all, so it seems likely you only find out the interest and/or fee when you apply/pay? Which seems a bit of a con!
I've paid outright this year but have previously used the finance option. There used to be a fee of around £30 but no interest on top of that. Not sure what the fee is this year but there will definitely be one.

mark_a

I've paid outright this year but have previously used the finance option. There used to be a fee of around £30 but no interest on top of that. Not sure what the fee is this year but there will definitely be one.
Thanks. Yeah I figured there would be a fee. I've always paid up front as well. I guess I was surprised at how little info the poor ticket site offered!

Lenny1810

The fee is around £40. Basically the price of a ticket.

Reactions: Rood

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Avanti West Coast; Chiltern Railways; CrossCountry; East Midlands Railway; Great Western Railway; Greater Anglia; GTR – Great Northern and Thameslink; LNER; Northern; Southeastern; Southern/Gatwick Express; South Western Railway; SWR depot drivers; SWR Island Line; TransPennine Express; and West Midlands Trains.
So this shouldn't effect trains on the metropolitan line?

Bosws87

Interest free with an arrangment fee of £48 for me not sure if that’s flat rate or percentage of.

so in short you pay £50 extra for the spread out cost.

P0GBA

European away credits have updated. Loads have dropped off only 5467 with any credits at all.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Blimey just managed to get 2 west ham on returns!
Out of interest do you mean returns that were reposted onto the ticket website? I know there's meant to be a new process for returns based upon unsuccessful applications but not sure how exactly it works. And seems as though they still post some returns on website a few days before a game

P0GBA

Where are you seeing this? Website is still showing old info for me.
It's under Help.and Info then Domestic Away Credits. I've been keeping an eye on it daily and it's been updated today. The fact they've updated before season ticket and membership renewal makes me think you don't immediately lose your credits even if you don't renew.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just renewed. Really annoying you can't pay for the season tickets on Amex, but individual match tickets use a different payment processor, which does accept it.

K Stand Knut

It's under Help.and Info then Domestic Away Credits. I've been keeping an eye on it daily and it's been updated today. The fact they've updated before season ticket and membership renewal makes me think you don't immediately lose your credits even if you don't renew.
Why would you lose your credits if you don’t renew?

A ST and euro credits are not intrinsically linked. You could have maximum European credits available having never set foot in old Trafford

P0GBA

Why would you lose your credits if you don’t renew?

A ST and euro credits are not intrinsically linked. You could have maximum European credits available having never set foot in old Trafford
Years ago I lost credits switching between a membership and season ticket as was given a different membership number

BrayRed

Years ago I lost credits switching between a membership and season ticket as was given a different membership number
Looks to be some sort of issue, my credits have dropped off my account including ones from this season.

Potentially being updated I'd say as the numbers showing on site for me are the numbers before Seville as I've a screenshot of them
Edit - credits back on my account now anyway

Last edited:
Ticket drop for Chelsea & Fulham now, just 2 hours before season ticket renewal deadline, putting those who want to renew in a long queue.... hmmmmm.

Sounds a great idea.... if you wanna screw over ST holders at the last minute.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Just renewed. Really annoying you can't pay for the season tickets on Amex, but individual match tickets use a different payment processor, which does accept it.
I paid for mine on Amex...now questioning whether it went through properly but I've just checked and the charge is definitely sitting on my account. I did mine on Weds but no idea why that would make any difference...

Ticket drop for Chelsea & Fulham now, just 2 hours before season ticket renewal deadline, putting those who want to renew in a long queue.... hmmmmm.

Sounds a great idea.... if you wanna screw over ST holders at the last minute.
Really good point, what a silly/sabotage thing to do.

hp88

I paid for mine on Amex...now questioning whether it went through properly but I've just checked and the charge is definitely sitting on my account. I did mine on Weds but no idea why that would make any difference...

Really good point, what a silly/sabotage thing to do.
AMEX works fine, used it to pay for mine and the alert on apple pay pinged straightaway. You will get an email from United as well after a few minutes.

P0GBA

Looks to be some sort of issue, my credits have dropped off my account including ones from this season.

Potentially being updated I'd say as the numbers showing on site for me are the numbers before Seville as I've a screenshot of them
Edit - credits back on my account now anyway
Gone back to the pre Seville figures now which is different to what was showing yesterday.

The figures posted yesterday were
12 credits 55
11 credits 85
10 credits 95
9 credits. 97
8 credits 145
7 credits 147
6 credits 203
5 credits 309
4 credits 389
3 credits 592
2 credits 865
1 credit 2485

Cpt Negative

Anyone know if the strike effects all trains nation wide for the cup final or is it just going into/out of London? Hard to find any info on it online
Pretty much all the biggest unions are striking. Will imagine any kinds of service offered will be horrific

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I paid for mine on Amex...now questioning whether it went through properly but I've just checked and the charge is definitely sitting on my account. I did mine on Weds but no idea why that would make any difference....
AMEX works fine, used it to pay for mine and the alert on apple pay pinged straightaway. You will get an email from United as well after a few minutes.
Weird, but I just checked and worldpay definitely don’t handle Amex.

My Amex is registered as the card to charge all cup tickets to though.

Stretch

I'm sitting with a huge conundrum. I was planning on taking a train from London to Manchester on Saturday 13th May for the Wolves match. I'm from South Africa so not familiar with all the available travel options. With the rail strikes it seems I might not get a train.

I was looking at a flight but Economy seats on BA is sold out so cheapest ticket for a morning flight is north of 400 quid. Not viable for my budget.

I'd like to get to Manchester at least 3 hours before kick off at 3, preferably earlier. What are my options?

Car rental also seems to be expensive but if you know of anyone car rentals that are cheaper then let me know. I will take train back to London on Sunday the 14th so that's sorted and will thus drop the rental in Manchester.

Bus is probably an option but not keen on a 5 hour journey but will do it if that's my only decent option in the end.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Would be great if I could hitch a ride with someone, sharing fuel costs of course.

Robin

I'm sitting with a huge conundrum. I was planning on taking a train from London to Manchester on Saturday 13th May for the Wolves match. I'm from South Africa so not familiar with all the available travel options. With the rail strikes it seems I might not get a train.

I was looking at a flight but Economy seats on BA is sold out so cheapest ticket for a morning flight is north of 400 quid. Not viable for my budget.

I'd like to get to Manchester at least 3 hours before kick off at 3, preferably earlier. What are my options?

Car rental also seems to be expensive but if you know of anyone car rentals that are cheaper then let me know. I will take train back to London on Sunday the 14th so that's sorted and will thus drop the rental in Manchester.

Bus is probably an option but not keen on a 5 hour journey but will do it if that's my only decent option in the end.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Would be great if I could hitch a ride with someone, sharing fuel costs of course.
There is a couple of supporters clubs that run coaches from London, still a 4-5 hour journey but at least you will be with like minded people. Whether they let you pay one way is another question, however if they have empty seats they might let you.

hp88

Weird, but I just checked and worldpay definitely don’t handle Amex.

My Amex is registered as the card to charge all cup tickets to though.
Yeah I thought the same as well but too many avios points at stake here so I chanced it :)

hpsauce

Bear in mind trains can also be affected the day after the official strike, so consider getting a return bus ticket.