All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Yeah this is what I’m thinking as well, some of questions also gave me the feeling that they’re going to go all ‘Big Brother’ on us season and hit us with random ID checks.
Agreed, looks like they are gaining support from the fanbase to introduce more checks moving forward. In the survey I couldn't help myself from calling out the club for touting tickets themselves as 'hospitality' tickets.

Whatsername

Yeah this is what I’m thinking as well, some of questions also gave me the feeling that they’re going to go all ‘Big Brother’ on us season and hit us with random ID checks.
It came over that way didn’t it. Didn’t it mention random ticket checks once inside too?

ben38sufc

Cup szn tickets off sale, I called but they don’t know what’s happening to remaining tickets. F5ing the page for this week confirmed

Red00012

It’s proper order , the touting going on for aways is a joke.

FirstMatch1991

Anyone who signs up to the alerts gets priority on Utd v Bilbao in Dublin. Memberships out of the window then- but why? Why wouldn’t members get some kind of priority over the public?

Also- if you sign up and click the link there’s a technical issue which the club say ticketmaster are working on so you can actually buy tickets. At the moment you just get a page saying there’s a presale on.

Dread Devil

Anyone who signs up to the alerts gets priority on Utd v Bilbao in Dublin. Memberships out of the window then- but why? Why wouldn’t members get some kind of priority over the public?

Also- if you sign up and click the link there’s a technical issue which the club say ticketmaster are working on so you can actually buy tickets. At the moment you just get a page saying there’s a presale on.
I am having exact same issue, have spent ages in the Ticketmaster queue only to be knocked back to a page saying presale in progress…very frustrating..

hp88

It’s proper order , the touting going on for aways is a joke.
Yeah the odd thing is though there's no mention of aways in that email and to be honest that's where the biggest problem for me lies.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Yeah the odd thing is though there's no mention of aways in that email and to be honest that's where the biggest problem for me lies.
It is, but the club probably don't care too much about touts making a profit off the away team whilst any ticket touted for games at OT is a profit being made on them, which will bother them a lot more.

The away atmosphere has declined massively in recent years as well, it's pretty poor now.

RedDevilRoshi

Already a queue to get on the ticketing site and the tickets don't even go on sale till 11am.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Already a queue to get on the ticketing site and the tickets don't even go on sale till 11am.
I've been in the queue for 3 hours already, still doubt I'll get any tickets, system worked better years ago when they released games in batches, at least you had a few tries to get some tickets then

Traub

If I join the supporters club in a couple of weeks, what will be the chances of getting two tickets for the game vs spurs on 13 Jan? I can’t buy just yet as we are still planning our trip, but that game may be my best shot of getting to old Trafford.

Okey

Yeah this queue thing sucks. Pre-Covid, things were much better. I could get on and buy tickets for most games (minus the big ones) without so much hassle. Our tickets are like rare earth metals these days. And harder to get hold of!

Okey

Even the big games, you knew when they would be released, and you simply joined a ballot. It just seems so much more cumbersome now. I wonder what happened.

Lou Macari man

Cup szn tickets off sale, I called but they don’t know what’s happening to remaining tickets. F5ing the page for this week confirmed
I rang yesterday too and a guy told me that they dont think they will come back on sale for abit and theyve not a clue when. He also said there is only 100-150 left so basically told me not to try as it will be impossible

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

If I join the supporters club in a couple of weeks, what will be the chances of getting two tickets for the game vs spurs on 13 Jan? I can’t buy just yet as we are still planning our trip, but that game may be my best shot of getting to old Trafford.
They'll sell out today, if you get a membership you may be able to get some tickets transferred to you from another member,

This is what the queue is saying now:
• Due to the volume of fans in this queue, it is anticipated that a maximum of 25% of fans will be successful in this first ticket release.

Last edited:

Heinzesight

So annoying you had to refresh when it hit 11am. Just the 37,000 in front of me.

Was it last season the website went to shit at 11am and reopened at 1pm?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brilliant. Sat on the site for 40mins, and a mere 86,000 ahead.
Glorious.
People will hoover wads up, then spend all season making posts about having 5 spares etc :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

I've been in the queue for 3 hours already, still doubt I'll get any tickets, system worked better years ago when they released games in batches, at least you had a few tries to get some tickets then
Completely agree, that way everyone was able to get the tickets they wanted or had ample opportuities to do so. They do release tickets in batches throughout the season but the communication on when those tickets are going to drop is very poor. It's just by chance going on the website and striking lucky that there are a couple spare.

alexanderplatz

Glorious.
People will hoover wads up, then spend all season making posts about having 5 spares etc :lol:
im not as far back but given the rate it’s moving forward at it seems like a completely useless system. People clearly sitting on there taking any tickets going and the queue moves at a snails pace behind

RedDevilRoshi

Glorious.
Don't think it really matters at what time you were sat on the site for as you get assigned a ramdom place in the queue rather than the place of when you were online for. I was on the site with my laptop at just the back of 10am and I'm 72,000 in the queue.

Then opened the site up on my phone 30 mins later and I'm 33,000 in the queue.

red_sun

How in the world are people getting tickets?
I'm 26000 in the queue and I'm pretty sure I won't be getting anything.

Traub

They'll sell out today, if you get a membership you may be able to get some tickets transferred to you from another member,

Low, this is what the queue is saying now:
• Due to the volume of fans in this queue, it is anticipated that a maximum of 25% of fans will be successful in this first ticket release.
Thanks, so joining the queue now won't even help today... I really hope I can get from another member at a later date.

Billy Jim

feck a duck I had no idea the tickets came out at 11am today.

In the queue now but not holding out much hope.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The queue has decreased by about 200 people in 15 mins :lol: fecking hell

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
De ja vu of last season.
I dare say we'll all be sat on here until 1pm, with the queue inching forward 10 every 30mins, then all of a sudden it zooms you to the front, by which time there's only £800 corporate stuff.

The beauty is that game 1 is a Monday night so there will be tonnes of tickets available, but late on.

Rooney24

Have they changed it this year so that its 1 ticket per member when you get through to the ticket page?

Meaning you can't buy like 6 singles for 6 different games, its one game and that's it?

Not that I have any hope as I'm currently 81,000 something in the queue.

RedDevilRoshi

The whole thing is absolutely pathetic but I guess we just need to put up with it as been the case for the last number of years now.

Don't know if anyone that works at the ticketing office posts on here but surely they must see how stupid this whole thing is and impossible for folk to get tickets.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Have they changed it this year so that its 1 ticket per member when you get through to the ticket page?

Meaning you can't buy like 6 singles for 6 different games, its one game and that's it?

Not that I have any hope as I'm currently 81,000 something in the queue.
It’s always been 1 ticket per member, no? You need to have one member account per person per ticket in your ‘family’.

WFRed

I've dropped out of the queue. Had the site open since 9 and still ended up with 100,000 in front of me.

It's just not worth the hassle, especially since most of the games will change dates and I won't know if I can make it or not.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Demand for United tickets has literally never been higher. Keep saying it, but you’ll be waiting a decade for a season ticket very soon. If you want to go semi-regularly, get one and just pass on everything you don’t want.

Cantona in disguise

I'm currently at 2567 guessing there won't be anything available when I get on? Promised the lad I'd get them as well :lol: shouldn't make promises to 10 year olds.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

I'm currently at 2567 guessing there won't be anything available when I get on? Promised the lad I'd get them as well :lol: shouldn't make promises to 10 year olds.
Well you’re about 70,000 ahead of anyone else I’ve seen including myself mate! Feel free to grab me a Luton or literally any single and I’ll send you the funds haha

Rooney24

It’s always been 1 ticket per member, no? You need to have one member account per person per ticket in your ‘family’.
Yeah I know. But I mean 1 ticket per member but once you are in you can buy for multiple games while everyone else waits outside in the queue. This is how it was last season.

I think there was talk that they would stop this so that when you got in you could only buy for one game despite multiple games being on release. Maybe I picked it up wrong.

Lou Macari man

Demand for United tickets has literally never been higher. Keep saying it, but you’ll be waiting a decade for a season ticket very soon. If you want to go semi-regularly, get one and just pass on everything you don’t want.
when i was on the phone to the ticket office the guy said they closed the ST waiting list because it got to the point of bottom of priority would be waiting 55 years:lol: ive been waiting quite a few years but hoping to get a cup ST for the priority of the ST (even though no one got one this year)