All Time Great Managers Draft

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
ManagerRound 1 (GOATs)Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6
Round 7
Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14
Michael - V. MaslovA. Di StefanoE. DavidsF. RedondoA. DemyanenkoA. ShevchenkoR. BonhofB. HulshoffV. BezsonovW. RooneyR. DasayevC. PuyolA. SpencerJ. JoyaR. Donadoni
Himannv/Fortitude - SAFL. RonaldoB. SchweinsteigerL. FigoM. BossisD. AlvesD.DzajicMarceloW. OverathS. MazzolaT. FinneyF. HierroR.VaraneE. StreltsovP. Jennings
Enigma - E. HappelM. PlatiniP. NedvědT. HenryC. AlbertoF. CannavaroP. VieiraT. CerezoL. YashinL. JuniorH. ChumpitazJ. JohnstoneR. CarvalhoNeymarJ. Greaves
Raees - U. LattekF. BaresiN. SantosRomárioM. TardelliD. EdwardsJ. MasopustT. BurgnichD. GodinRivelinoS. MatthewsG. NetzerE. FrancescoliU. FillolJorginho
harms - V. LobanovskyiJ. CruyffU. SeelerP. BreitnerV. VoroninM. AmorosP. McGrathH.P. BriegelK. De BruyneC. FerraraS. MaierS. LerbyL. Brady--
Kendrick - F. CapelloF. BeckenbauerJ. BozsikB. VogtsA. CabriniRonaldinhoC. MakeleleR. GiggsN. VidicP. SchmeichelK. MbappeS. BusquetsG. Lineker--
2mufc0 - J. MourinhoL. MatthausR. KrolJ. KohlerD. SantosH. StoichkovS. KocsisG. SounessB. SchusterM. TresorG. BanksK. HamrinJ. RepA. ShesternyovC. Seedorf
P-Nut - C. WilderF. RijkaardD. PassarellaJ. ZanettiL. Suárez MiramontesL. ModricD. LawD. VillaS. CampbellE. van der SarD. AlabaS. RamosKakaX. Alonso-
EAP - C. AncelottiG. MullerR. KeaneA. BrehmeP. ScholesR. BaggioV. VasovicP. EvraO. RuggeriR. KopaO. KahnB. BremnerL. KubalaLeandroN. Stiles
Big D - N. RoccoP. MaldiniG. ScireaG. BergomiG. BatistutaZ. ZidaneC. GentileB. ContiA. Del PieroG. BuffonD. DeschampsS. BagniR. FerriF. CausioD. Simeone
Moby - A. SacchiE. FigueroaB. RobsonZ. BoniekXaviF. GentoA. IniestaV. van DijkM. KaltzD. BeckhamE. AbidalA. Zubizarreta---
crappy - B. GuttmannG. BestB. MooreL. ThuramDidiK.-H. SchnellingerRivaldoA. PirloR. van NistelrooyJairzinhoJ. L. ChilavertZitoD.McGrain--
Gio - M. LippiC. RonaldoJ. NeeskensFalcaoK-H. ForsterL. RivaE. GeretsI. NettoL. SuárezM. LaudrupD. ZoffJ. SantamariaA. BenarrivoJ.A. CamachoR. Rosato
Synco - L. FavreM. DesaillyK.-H. RummeniggeJ. TiganaA. RobbenM. SammerB. LizarazuT. SilvaK. KeeganF. RiberyAlissonG. ZambrottaM. TassottiL. EnriqueR. Ayala
Beam - J. KloppB. CharltonR. FerdinandCafuR. CarlosS. Eto'oP. VierchowodJ. LitmanenA. VidalZ. CziborM. A. ter StegenN. GonçalvesM. KempesD. De RossiM. Rapaic
Sjor - T. IvicR. GullitO. BlokhinP. LahmJ. StamA. ColeVan HanegemA. CostacurtaM. NeuerU. StielikeT. HässlerP. ElkjaerH. LarssonEdersonK. Augenthaler

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I've decided to alter the rules for tactical changes & subs. Thanks to @Gio for a very good suggestion.
Each player can make one tactical change per game. The earliest opportunity to do so is 14 hours after the start the of the match.

2 subs are allowed within that change.

Managers who change their tactics post a new formation graphic & a short sketch of the new tactics.

Managers PM the material to the thread creator, the opposition manager, Physio & me at least 2 hours before it's posted in the thread. If the PM is sent later than 12h in, the change can only take place later as well.

The original formations will be kept in the OP as 1st half, and the new writeup(s) will be announced as 2nd half & linked in the OP.

The "halftime score" at the point of the change will be recorded by a neutral person in some way [Not sure about that one yet.]
Unless agreed otherwise (see post below), round 1 will have tactical changes without subs, because some drafters haven't picked bench players.

Tactical changes with subs would then be possible from the QFs onwards. Those with less than 14 player squads can fill up their bench during RR.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@crappycraperson @Moby @P-Nut @King Kendrick @harms
If you're fine with filling up your benches now or keeping your squad as it is, we could do subs from round 1 already. Extra drafting would be uncomplicated & quick, with no delay for the tourno.

If one of you objects, it'll be subs from QFs onwards only.

Moby

Dick
If you're fine with filling up your benches now or keeping your squad as it is, we could do subs from round 1 already. Extra drafting would be uncomplicated & quick, with no delay for the tourno.

I don't really wish to add any more players. Rest is fine with me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

I don't need any additions so far, and I'm okay with whatever sub rule you decide on. Not a fan of subs in general, but that's a different point.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Physio doesn't seem to be on, can a neutral drafter make the draw for round 1?

@Joga Bonito @Chesterlestreet @Invictus

Gio
Michael
Himannv
harms
2mufc0
Sjor
Synco
Enigma
EAP
Big D
P-Nut
Moby
crappy
Beam
Raees
King Kendrick

Final decision on tacical changes can still be made later today. Advantage of knowing your opponent is miniscule for picks 13/14.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Michael vs Raees
harms vs Fortitude
Beam vs Gio
Synco vs 2mufc0
P-Nut vs Sjor
Moby vs Enigma
Big D vs EAP
crappy vs Kendrick

Enigma_87

You know who
@Moby make your pick mate, no problem with it. I was wondering how you will set up without a striker too :lol:

Moby

Dick
I suspected he might go for him. Stylistically an excellent fit. One of the few players who can play as a target man yet has exceptional technique.
Yeah, he was the first name that came to mind when thinking of a replacement. I only hesitated because I didn't think anyone else would pick him and also I wanted to look for other options since modern names don't get much love but feck that, he's breaking records in BuLi and has been elite in the CL as well, and a proper goal machine which is the first and foremost thing I needed to get. Since this draft is more about playing styles than face value, I think it would be a good platform for him.

harms

Staff
Don't worry, you don't stand a chance :p

Ideally I'd go for the end of the week if it suits you — Friday to Sunday, as I want to make a good post on Lobanovsky (and there's a good chance that it's going to be my only chance of presenting him). I have a hectic schedule in the upcoming days. @Fortitude

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Things to keep in mind for your write ups:

1. There's going to be a short mandatory template for the beginning of your match OP. Will post it later this day.

2. There's going to be a seperate thread for manager/player portraits and tactical stuff beyond the sketches inside the OP. Will create it later today as well. You don't need to write long essays, but you sure can :)

3. Halftime tactics changes (see post #796) will take place from the first game. Gonna put it in the draft OP later today.

4. I don't think anyone with less than 14 players wanted to pick another one. If I'm wrong there, please PM me your pick.

Looking forward to the matches & your write ups!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
tuesday would be good but lets see whats the plan from synco, are we presenting managers here or in the game...
Yeah I could do Tuesday. Need to see what this plan is as well though, I've been drafting thinking it's judged solely on who has adhered to the philosophy best, so that was basically going to be my write up :lol:

harms

Staff
Although they were our biggest challengers for the 5th spot (not that we should settle for that), I feel so sorry for them. They don't have the resources of Spurs and Wolves and they've completely lost the momentum, which was their chance to try to get the CL spot (assuming City's ban stands). It wouldn't surprise me if they end up around 10th, although, objectively, it would still be a pretty nice place for them.