Amad “Traore“ Diallo

OrcaFat

Looking forward to see him play for us one day. Playing up or playing down his talent is fun but futile.

Red_toad

But its based off of reports from those in Italy and is reflective in the transfer fee.
What I do find strange are Utd fans downplaying reports of his potential despite never seeing hin play. Theres literally no reason to do so yet here we are.
Forums need balance, expecting the kid to match Ronaldo and hyping him up to unattainable levels leads to disappointment. It happens all the time on here. Lads a good prospect and may well be a special talent. Be good to give him a few seasons before anyone is mentioning him as a possible generational player.

cyberman

Forums need balance, expecting the kid to match Ronaldo and hyping him up to unattainable levels leads to disappointment. It happens all the time on here. Lads a good prospect and may well be a special talent. Be good to give him a few seasons before anyone is mentioning him as a possible generational player.
Not balance from somebody who has never seen him play before. How is that balanced against actual reports from his time in Italy?

Pearson

Yeah, too much hype would put more pressure on him. Signing a contract with Man United has already put him into spotlight, which I assume he was not used to.
While proper amount pressure is always needed for players to grow up, excess is not gonna help him.

georgipep

Is having trialists over breaking the law?

We have had plenty of players over for trial who dont have a work permit.. the ones that come to mind are Tosic and Ljajic.. we ended up getting a work permit for Tosic but not Ljajic. I am sure there have been several others who have trials with the youth teams. Pinyaev has been over for trial several times. Russia isnt even in the EU and he is 15. We cant sign him till he turns 18.
As I wrote, trialists are very short-term temporary visits, that are usually documented and tracked. How would Diallo's case work like that?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Who knows he might end up having a contribution like Rashford did when he was younger. Or like Greenwood. Start him in Carling cup and we'll see from there.

KennyBurner

Ive watched many clips of him. Extreme talent but lack of pace. Him having pace would 100% make him generational.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Any reason he hasn't played this season?

OrcaFat

Ive watched many clips of him. Extreme talent but lack of pace. Him having pace would 100% make him generational.
Well I’m afraid to say that a lack of pace is rather disastrous for a winger. Regardless of any other attributes if he can’t win a footrace against premier league full backs he will be pushed back and inside which is no what we want at all, I don’t think.

On the other hand he could get faster as he matures and puts on more muscle. And I’ve heard all sorts of people described as lacking pace, even Rooney (who once recorded the fastest sprint of any player in the whole season), so I’ll reserve judgment on that (as well as every aspect of his ability) until I see him play in the Prem.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Any reason he hasn't played this season?
I don't think there's really any incentive for Atlanta to develop him if he's joining us in a few months. He might not be ready for first team football yet either.

KennyBurner

Well I’m afraid to say that a lack of pace is rather disastrous for a winger. Regardless of any other attributes if he can’t win a footrace against premier league full backs he will be pushed back and inside which is no what we want at all, I don’t think.

On the other hand he could get faster as he matures and puts on more muscle. And I’ve heard all sorts of people described as lacking pace, even Rooney (who once recorded the fastest sprint of any player in the whole season), so I’ll reserve judgment on that (as well as every aspect of his ability) until I see him play in the Prem.
Yh pace is so important for our team. It’s why Mata has always struggled in our team.

The player is also quite small so I’m expecting him to put on more weight to be able to cope with all the pulling by defenders in this league.

jesperjaap

Atalanta also don't have any incentive to invest time and let him play through his inexperience in the first team if he is going to leave them in January anyways.
This is true, though if he was already as good as some people are hypin g him up to be they would be wanting to play him anyway for results

cyberman

This is true, though if he was already as good as some people are hypin g him up to be they would be wanting to play him anyway for results
They would have to change their entire formation for him to play

OrcaFat

They would have to change their entire formation for him to play
Don’t like the sound of that.

So far I’ve heard he lacks pace and can’t play unless the entire formation is changed to accommodate him.

He’s young and has some natural ability but is not really ready for top tier game time, appears to be the size of it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
All this talk and rumors about him being a “generational talent”...how would we classify Greenwood - has there been any talk from pundits/pros as the same?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Undoubtetly talented from clips on youtube, whether he is a generational talent or its a throwaway talent of course remains to be seen.

What does need to be rememebered is his age and fact he has barely played any first team football at all.

Lets not forget Greenwood though out of position and despite the goals is still finding his feet for us as a player of similar standing and he grew up with the club. Or ROnaldo that came here with an even more burgeoning reputation and despite the amazing talent took some time to settle and lose the show pony tag and have an end product.

We are talkign here about world class potential with barely a minute of first team football so far. Even not playing wingers, if he was already as good as some are hyping him, he would be starting for Atalanta.

The other side of the coin of course is....we didnt sign Dembele or Sancho so there is a big opportunity for him to get game time when we play our common formation as we still have no real right wingers. Its Greenwood out of position, an ageing Mata or a doesnt look anywhere near good enough James as competition.....I do expect him to get plenty of minutes from th ebench at least this season
This isn’t some league one team we’re talking about who are lucky to have him. Atalanta are a top team in Italy, they already have a full squad of good players. Why would they invest game time in an 18 year old they are losing in 2 months?

jesperjaap

This isn’t some league one team we’re talking about who are lucky to have him. Atalanta are a top team in Italy, they already have a full squad of good players. Why would they invest game time in an 18 year old they are losing in 2 months?
No they are not, they are a team that has been very recently successful with little history

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hope he joins the first team and has at least 60% of the effect that Bruno had in the second half of last season.

Having competition in every position does wonders to the 1st teamers. Luke, De Gea for example. Hopefully, this will wake up Mason.

SecondFig

No they are not, they are a team that has been very recently successful with little history
They're not historically successful, but the club is over a hundred years old, and has been in (and out of) Serie A since before the 2nd World War. They have plenty of history, and no real reason to play a raw young player who is leaving in a few months time. As far as I can see the only reason he didn't join in the summer is that he needed to sort out his citizenship for work permit reasons - not because Atalanta wanted to keep him

Son

I get the feeling that the club didn’t go all in for Sancho because they saw this kid as a bargain future star and will go all out for Haaland instead this summer if we can do a big deal.

A little like the Ronaldinho - Ronaldo situation years ago. Who knows.

Red_toad

I get the feeling that the club didn’t go all in for Sancho because they saw this kid as a bargain future star and will go all out for Haaland instead this summer if we can do a big deal.

A little like the Ronaldinho - Ronaldo situation years ago. Who knows.
But we did go all out for Ronaldinho, he just wanted to join Barca as he’d promised their new president he’d join them if he was elected. Or he preferred to live in Barcelona over manchester.

Number32

But we did go all out for Ronaldinho, he just wanted to join Barca as he’d promised their new president he’d join them if he was elected. Or he preferred to live in Barcelona over manchester.
We also go all out for Sancho, that #7 would be his if there is no covid.

RooneyLegend

No he doesn't lack pace, he's pretty quick off the mark. No he won't be out running fullbacks, he isn't that sort of player. He'll be cutting in and looking for passes.