Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd say the Pellistri signing is similar to us signing Adem Ljalic who never played for us and instead had a decent career elsewhere.

Rajma

We should seriously consider starting him next game, can’t be any worse than what we’re producing currently of the right, surely?

Hoof the ball

No young player is ready until they're ready and quite often they're ready before we anticipate.

But for a series of injuries and the youth backup Michael Keane being injured, Rashford wouldn't have seen first team football (at least) until next season. Until a player hits the first team you can never know for sure. Rashford got the ball and he ran with it. Again, Rashford wasn't "ready" until he was ready.....and it was sooner than anyone here would have recommended if this was happening now.

If Diallo is ready, he's ready. Get him the minutes and lets see if he hits the ground running.

United58

No young player is ready until they're ready and quite often they're ready before we anticipate.

But for a series of injuries and the youth backup Michael Keane being injured, Rashford wouldn't have seen first team football (at least) until next season. Until a player hits the first team you can never know for sure. Rashford got the ball and he ran with it. Again, Rashford wasn't "ready" until he was ready.....and it was sooner than anyone here would have recommended if this was happening now.

If Diallo is ready, he's ready. Get him the minutes and lets see if he hits the ground running.
Do you mean Will Keane? Michael Keane is the centre back (now at Everton)

lost7

Hoping he'll be on the bench on Sunday. There'll be 5 substitutions available, so you never know, he could get his debut here

rstubh

Not to be a buzzkill, but the quoted translation is more positive than it should be. I can't quote the original post as I'm not allowed to post media.

The original wording for "must have been" is closer to 'reported to have been' (or 'I've heard'), and "It will be no surprise" is the authors personal opinion, not a general point of view or something coming from the coaching staff. It might as well say '(I) would not be surprised'.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’d say it’ll be Sheffield Utd for his first cameo off the bench. I can see the Liverpool game being another very tight one and to be totally fair Ole has been playing it very safe
It's what I've always felt too.Though we can't afford to take relegation candidates lightly. Get a couple of goals ahead and close it out, then bring him on

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's what I've always felt too.Though we can't afford to take relegation candidates lightly. Get a couple of goals ahead and close it out, then bring him on
thats it. I don’t think you want to be having a debut chasing the game against the current champions... but maybe the script is writing itself for another cracking debut against the pool. If he could come in and do a martial (for the second half of the season) then we are looking pretty good

diarm

Nani and Valencia the last two?
I've always remembered Nani as more natural and effective on the left than on the right, and we only kept Valencia there for a year or so before turning him into a fullback. It's ridiculous how much we've neglected what is such a famous shirt and position at the club.

Inigo Montoya

thats it. I don’t think you want to be having a debut chasing the game against the current champions... but maybe the script is writing itself for another cracking debut against the pool. If he could come in and do a martial (for the second half of the season) then we are looking pretty good
I get the feeling that it's short term plan for the second half of this season and we may see him starting a few next.

lex talionis

I’d say it’ll be Sheffield Utd for his first cameo off the bench. I can see the Liverpool game being another very tight one and to be totally fair Ole has been playing it very safe
That’s probably what I would do as well, but even if it’s a tight one in the 75th one can also see Ole rolling the dice with a player Liverpool (nor any of us, actually) has ever seen before and have no idea what he’s about. If we end up losing, so be it and we move on without too much of a moan (FA Cup, after all) but if Diallo makes an impact and we beat Liverpool, oh my.

hungrywing

Not to be a buzzkill, but the quoted translation is more positive than it should be. I can't quote the original post as I'm not allowed to post media.

The original wording for "must have been" is closer to 'reported to have been' (or 'I've heard'), and "It will be no surprise" is the authors personal opinion, not a general point of view or something coming from the coaching staff. It might as well say '(I) would not be surprised'.
If your translation is correct, then it's good to know.

I had to cancel an order of $5000 worth of fireworks for when Robertson gets subbed off and Liverpool throw on a random kid in hopes that anything else might work.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've always remembered Nani as more natural and effective on the left than on the right, and we only kept Valencia there for a year or so before turning him into a fullback. It's ridiculous how much we've neglected what is such a famous shirt and position at the club.
No, no, no, Valencia played 3 or four seasons on the wing before permanently switching to a fullback.

Devil may care

I'd prefer he started as opposed to coming on, as it can be harder to settle into the rhythm of a game in progress and if we aren't winning and he doesn't produce something there'll be the usual idiotic spin on the signing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

To be fair oles words on him alone were very positive. He usually talks things down but pretty much said “sooner than you think” which shows he thinks he’s close. Add that to the fact he’s replaced lingard in the registered squad too! I think he’ll be getting minutes against Sheffield.

Renegade

You got it the other way round, Nani was much better on the right and had his best performances on that side. I feel like we figured that out too late.

mav_9me

5 subs in fa cup makes me think likely to see him tomorrow particularly if we are in an obvious winning or losing situation. Roll of the dice.

mrniceguy

Oh come on... Just release Diallo against Liverpool. They wouldn't know what hit them...

stu_1992

I'd say the Pellistri signing is similar to us signing Adem Ljalic who never played for us and instead had a decent career elsewhere.
We never actually signed Ljajić though. We had agreed deals for him and Tosic at the same time but for whatever reason we pulled out of the Ljajić deal and only completed the Tosic one.

MikeeMike

We never actually signed Ljajić though. We had agreed deals for him and Tosic at the same time but for whatever reason we pulled out of the Ljajić deal and only completed the Tosic one.
Cant see him getting on tomorrow. Not wise in my opinion either for 2 reasons. If he came on he’d be targeted physically and would be a real knock to his confidence if he failed to live up to hype. Include in squad and give him a taste of a big game from bench.

Inigo Montoya

Cant see him getting on tomorrow. Not wise in my opinion either for 2 reasons. If he came on he’d be targeted physically and would be a real knock to his confidence if he failed to live up to hype. Include in squad and give him a taste of a big game from bench.
Depends on what the coaches have seen in training TBF

Villa's kids showed no fear

Davie Moyes

Nani could play well on either side but I think was better on the right and surprisingly was very good cutting in from the right and shooting with his left whilst his crossing was better from the right.

It's a shame Valencia was so right footed and could not play on the left at all so Nani mainly had to stick on the left. Valencia played winger for a good 3 or 4 seasons before moving to right back.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Diallo is going to score against Liverpool tomorrow.
hed definitely be worth a punt at bigger odds. the news he’s taking lingards spot is probably the biggest indication (since the fee and the quality he’s already shown in his short career) that he’ll be getting some proper minutes this season. Going solely on clips and his CL cameo I think this guy looks genuinely special and I can’t wait to see him develop. Don’t be surprised to see him burst on the scene and then have a Greenwood type second season. Having these 2 lads approaching their peak years together is real Rooney and Ronaldo stuff. You can really see the Fergie style recruitment that served us so well returning. Hopefully we are backing the right players!

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The profile of both players is similar when they were signed or almost signed in the young Serbian players case. Which is the point I was making..

Crashoutcassius

I think we are better off waiting until the hype has died down slightly. The fans of this club and most clubs can be so stupid that it is lose lose in this situation , if he does well the noise for him to play every game will create negativity , if he does badly he will be written off or the pressure on his next performance will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.