Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Cameo so nothing really to judge him on. He's not that fast though, and pretty weak.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What strikes me is that the same people who are clamouring so fervently for him to get more minutes, will be the same people who will turn on him when he has a run of bad form....which all young players do.

I'm excited for his development, and think he has a manager who will manage him in just the right way to ensure his long term integration into the starting XI.

I just wish all the noise and indignation around his minutes would go away. It's not helping anyone.

OverratedOpinion

I just wish all the noise and indignation around his minutes would go away. It's not helping anyone.
To be fair, it is literally making no difference to his career and asking people not to get excited or disheartened every time they see an apparent wonderkid who their club paid millions for is a bit unlikely.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And he seems to have overall good football intelligence
You can see quite clearly he’s got something about him. He needs more minutes next season though, players don’t just progress in a vacuum sitting on the bench.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
physically he’s got a long way to go. He’s going to keep getting fouled and probably hurt until he fills out so it’s understandable why he’s been held back. He looks a real talent to be getting excited about for next season though. He’s got high technical ability and his movement looks really solid in the little I’ve seen of him. Once he gets a bit stronger he’ll be in the thick of it.

city-puma

Cameo so nothing really to judge him on. He's not that fast though, and pretty weak.
I got the sticks when I said he doesn’t have explosive pace months ago here. He doesn’t seem physically ready for adult games. But, it’s way to early to judge anything from this game. I hope he can get more minutes on the left or right side for the rest of season. I feel he needs game time to develop into the team.

TheReligion

Abusive
This guy is the real deal. What a cameo. You'd be mad if you weren't impressed with him. Awareness, touch, vision. Oozes quality and a good football brain.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s pretty fast. The ball got stuck under his feet and then he was fouled twice so I wouldn’t judge it on that moment. Still a lot more development needed physically but he’s technically great and very intelligent. The idea we shouldn’t sign sancho because he’ll be ready to start next year is silly though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I got the sticks when I said he doesn’t have explosive pace months ago here. He doesn’t seem physically ready for adult games. But, it’s way to early to judge anything from this game. I hope he can get more minutes on the left or right side for the rest of season. I feel he needs game time to develop into the team.
I'm getting the sticks now - people overcooking it with "brilliant acceleration" to describe his skillset, which I didn't see from his Atalanta highlights or U23s. He obviously excels in many elements but I don't see him as a particularly rapid player or a player with "brilliant" acceleration in relative terms.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Should be ahead of James already in the pecking order.

Rustyspider13

Kid's got talent, should've gotten a chance at goal. Almost made a backheel to VdB in the box. Needs to develop physically to combine with his technical skills.

OmarUnited4ever

Exactly what I thought, but when I saw the replay, he was fouled twice, especially the last one that brought him down, it looked like he was outmuscled but he was clearly fouled and brought down.

Anyway, not much done in 10 mins cameo, and I don't mind Ole easing him slowly, he still needs more time to get used to playing with the first team

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Comman and Sane are similar build, and half faster than Amad. Or maybe it's because they make more space for themselves with little faints, I don't know.

He doesn't need to bulk up, he needs to learn how to use his body against physical contact and to improve balance. His point of gravity is very low, just needs to make better use of it.

Silas

Comman and Sane are similar build, and half faster than Amad. Or maybe it's because they make more space for themselves with little faints, I don't know.
?? Sane's 6 foot and Coman's 5'11".

city-puma

Exactly what I thought, but when I saw the replay, he was fouled twice, especially the last one that brought him down, it looked like he was outmuscled but he was clearly fouled and brought down.

Anyway, not much done in 10 mins cameo, and I don't mind Ole easing him slowly, he still needs more time to get used to playing with the first team
The referees over two legs are really poor. It’s laughable he gave pogba a yellow card for the reality their no.6 run to his arm by self. Dialo at least should earn a free kick and the referee should send out the opponent player faulting him by a red card.

city-puma

He might be - I haven't seen anything to conclude this though, we probably need to see him more to know either way.
You don’t need. He is not. Just compare with Rashford, Raphinha and Neto. Those are the players very pacy.
I think we all understand that Dialo doesn’t need to be a very pacy player to be useful for us. But some here definitely overestimate his pace.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You don’t need. He is not. Just compare with Rashford, Raphinha and Neto. Those are the players very pacy.
I think we all understand that Dialo doesn’t need to be a very pacy player to be useful for us. But some here definitely overestimate his pace.
yeah it looks it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Maybe he's just not ready yet, I don't see Ole being the type of manager to hold a talented player back if he's the real deal. He had no hesitation throwing Greenwood in the starting XI. Only thing is, he should be playing U23 games if he's not ready rather than no football.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Showed great movement and pace. How he isn’t getting more minutes is bewildering considering the alternatives

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Maybe he's just not ready yet, I don't see Ole being the type of player to hold a talented player back if he's the real deal. He had no hesitation throwing Greenwood in the starting XI. Only thing is, he should be playing U23 games if he's not ready rather than no football.
Was he called up to the 1st team to quickly do we think then.

Rossa

This is very true! A totally different team trait as compared with Jose era. :lol:
A midfield three of poga matic and fellaini? McTominay as a sub. Tallest midfield in PL history? Lukaku and Ibra as strikers and Rashford on the wing. All well above 6ft. Can’t recall his rw. Mata? Ruins everything!

Devil may care

Would have got his second United goal if not for a deliberate foul, it was interesting that he played as a striker.

city-puma

A midfield three of poga matic and fellaini? McTominay as a sub. Tallest midfield in PL history? Lukaku and Ibra as strikers and Rashford on the wing. All well above 6ft. Can’t recall his rw. Mata? Ruins everything!
Just gave everyone a thought at that time, “it probably is the newest trend to build a tall team?”.
this season I watched a few seagulls’ games, they have a very tall player, Burn, deployed as winger in some games. I think he must be 205cm or taller.

Rossa

Just gave everyone a thought at that time, “it probably is the newest trend to build a tall team?”.
this season I watched a few seagulls’ games, they have a very tall player, Burn, deployed as winger in some games. I think he must be 205cm or taller.
True! Looks really weird with him on the wing. Not a terrible player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.