Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Rubbish. Amad has played about three games and we’re a couple of injuries away to fielding Dan James every week.

Greenwood, Rashford, Amad and (yes) Sancho on the flanks is exactly the kind of options we need if we are to actually make a dent against City.

City choose between Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres and Bernardo in these areas. What’s the issue?
Amazing how people fail to understand the concept of squad depth whilst at the same time constantly bemoaning how far away we are from City etc.

jesperjaap

A couple of times he was trying a dribble too many, but other than that I really liked what I saw. He's very composed for such a young player. And the weight of his pass when he put James through was just perfect.

Really looking forward to see his growth next season!
I think Jenas summed it up perfectly when he said he jsut needs to adjust to the physical side of the premiership. He did try and over dribble a few times and got muscled off the ball by Boly a few times. But generally for one so young his weight of pass, technique and decision making, the quality is there to see.

Side note, only a few minutes but first time I have seen Mjebri, also looks technically and decision making like a real player in the making. Considering what we have paid for the two of them, we should be expecting that lets be honest.

Interestign to see how they develop next season. Thought all the youngsters did quite well actually....tho WOlves were poor

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why is that any better ? If Sancho is as good as a 28 year old, it makes no difference. Ferran Torres / Silva and Mahrez is for some reason fine?

We don't need to take a decision. We need to build a squad of quality players
No, we need to build a squad with a plan/vision and an idea of what we want it to look like over the next 3-5 years. That has always been what we have done, apart from the odd short term investment for instant success.

When you were begging for us to sign Sancho last summer, were you also hoping we signed another 20 year old winger for 20m too? The idea was surely that we needed one. We didn’t get a certain player, so we bought another.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Do you guys think him & Greenwood are enough for the RW position next? or do we bring in Sancho?

I think we should bring Sancho, but at the same time Amad will need as much as game time he can get to develop.
Its not as much of a priority as CB and DM. But we 100% shouldn't miss out on Sancho

Arka_BleedingRed

A gem in the making. Has all the makings of a wide playmaker, he will take Mata's place in the long run in the team, albeit more quicker and better dribbler with less finishing skills, I'm sure. Intelligent, great movement, creative, excellent close control and dribbling, good understanding of the game and cool composure for such a young lad. Next season, he's gonna have his breakthrough.

OmarUnited4ever

Cant have enough quality so I would definitely add Sancho to our wide options next season. Plus, some argue Sancho's more effective on the left.
City got Sterling, Mehrez, Torres, B. Silva, and Foden (was Foden a winger during his youth) as wingers, we have Rashford, James, Amad and Greenwood(Striker in his youth).

so certainly an additional quality winger in Sancho is a plus

Kag

No, we need to build a squad with a plan/vision and an idea of what we want it to look like over the next 3-5 years. That has always been what we have done, apart from the odd short term investment for instant success.

When you were begging for us to sign Sancho last summer, were you also hoping we signed another 20 year old winger for 20m too? The idea was surely that we needed one. We didn’t get a certain player, so we bought another.
Which is why you go out and buy Sancho, one of the best wingers in the world, in an area of the pitch in which you’re light. Your argument is genuinely nonsense.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do you guys think him & Greenwood are enough for the RW position next? or do we bring in Sancho?

I think we should bring Sancho, but at the same time Amad will need as much as game time he can get to develop.
No, because Amad isn't really of any use in the premier league yet nor will he be next season. We want to win the league title. Not permanently develop young players and sit in the top 4. If he's good enough, he'll break through anyway. We aren't overloaded if we get Sancho in. They're all versatile anyway. You need a quality squad where you can have players in the attack to rotate in and you don't drop down a level. The goal with our attack has to be Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood as long term starters and Amad as the first depth option. And there's like 5 years between Rashford and Amad.

We just finished 2nd. Saying no to the best young winger in the world because of an 18 year old who is likely multiple years away at being ready to even start regularly in the premier league is fecking insane and just means people don't care about actually pushing on and competing for the big trophies.

Devil may care

My MOTM, his touch, passing and awareness were excellent for such a young player up against a Wolves side trying to kick us off the park, shame James didn't finish the chance he created with that sublimely weighted pass.

bosnian_red

It depends where your squad is at. We aren't a club that should be in a permanent rebuild. That gets you nowhere. You need to take advantage of your competing windows, and we are approaching one now. If we sign Sancho, in 3-5 years our attack will be Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Amad as the 4th guy. You need quality depth from the bench, as well as whatever striker we bring in between now and then. There's 5 years between Amad and Rashford now. It's just standard squad progression. Amad will have virtually no real role next season as he's not ready for one yet. So you saying "leave Sancho for someone else to let Amad develop" is pretty much the same as saying feck stepping up to compete for the title, we're OK with steady top 4.

city-puma

He has not been able to adapt well enough to the pace, tempo, and physical side of this level at the moment. But it seems to me just a matter of time to get there. And his position probably should not be fixed on the wings.

bosnian_red

Amazing how people fail to understand the concept of squad depth whilst at the same time constantly bemoaning how far away we are from City etc.
It's crazy that people are looking at an 18 year old kid who looks multiple years away from being ready physically for the league as the reason why we should ignore the best young winger in the world for 3 years in a row now. We literally have nobody natural on the right, Greenwood is closest to it and he's more of a striker anyway, but not a creator anyway. Amad is a creator, but pretty much a youth player still. Signing Sancho won't block that development. It's just building our squad as we should so we have a strong first 11 and good depth in the long run too.

In Rainbows

I don't know about you, but it would be great to have Amad on the right, Sancho on the left, and Greenwood through the center for 5-6 years.

Castia

Looks like a really good prospect.

Loan/sell Dan James and give this lad his spot as a squad player next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My MOTM, his touch, passing and awareness were excellent for such a young player up against a Wolves side trying to kick us off the park, shame James didn't finish the chance he created with that sublimely weighted pass.
Agreed, he was class and will get better and better next season. His touch and technique is special IMO. Also his dribbling ability from a technical POV is very good. He went on a dribble in the second half and eventhough he got tackled, it was superb to watch him exude such balance and close control. I think he could be a very special player for us.

I'm not a big fan of Rashford, so I'm hoping Amad on the right and Sancho on the left will be the way to go for United which should see a big improvement in our build up play too.

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

No, because Amad isn't really of any use in the premier league yet nor will he be next season. We want to win the league title. Not permanently develop young players and sit in the top 4. If he's good enough, he'll break through anyway. We aren't overloaded if we get Sancho in. They're all versatile anyway. You need a quality squad where you can have players in the attack to rotate in and you don't drop down a level. The goal with our attack has to be Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood as long term starters and Amad as the first depth option. And there's like 5 years between Rashford and Amad.

We just finished 2nd. Saying no to the best young winger in the world because of an 18 year old who is likely multiple years away at being ready to even start regularly in the premier league is fecking insane and just means people don't care about actually pushing on and competing for the big trophies.

Indeed. Sancho, although very young himself, is established winger with more than 100 games in BL & UCL, and has performed very consistently across 3 seasons with BVB, while Amad is no where near ready yet, bringing in Sancho will really add more ready quality to 1st team. Rashford & Sancho together with Greenwood, James & Amad is a good depth in wingers dept.

SATA

He looks way ahead of Elanga in terms of technical ability, composure and awareness on the pitch. Still need lots of bulking up though. Seen a few occasions he seem to duck out of challenges knowing he can’t physically compete with the bigger sized Wolves players

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He looks way ahead of Elanga in terms of technical ability, composure and awareness on the pitch. Still need lots of bulking up though. Seen a few occasions he seem to duck out of challenges knowing he can’t physically compete with the bigger sized Wolves players
Well it's not fair to compare him to wolves, I bet you wouldn't last that long against a pack of 'em either!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Best he's played for the first team. Some lovely touches, composed and worked hard. Promising.

Devil may care

Agreed, he was class and will get better and better next season. His touch and technique is special IMO. Also his dribbling ability from a technical POV is very good. He went on a dribble in the second half and eventhough he got tackled, it was superb to watch him exude such balance and close control. I think he could be a very special player for us.

I'm not a big fan of Rashford, so I'm hoping Amad on the right and Sancho on the left will be the way to go for United which should see a big improvement in our build up play too.
He reminds me of Sancho and Mason in that he's just a natural footballer, his maturity is well ahead of most in his age bracket, his abilty to play out of tight spaces was great to watch and I thought he did a great job when he was playing as a false 9, very exciting prospect for sure, I definitely want to see more of him next season and not have him loaned out.

mav_9me

City have Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, B. Silva, and Foden, Jesus and maybe new striker for 3 attacking spots.

We have Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Bruno,James and Amad for 4 spots, of which I don't think Martial and James are good enough and Amad is too young. And we can't get Sancho? How the heck are we supposed to challenge for the title?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He reminds me of Sancho and Mason in that he's just a natural footballer, his maturity is well ahead of most in his age bracket, his abilty to play out of tight spaces was great to watch and I thought he did a great job when he was playing as a false 9, very exciting prospect for sure, I definitely want to see more of him next season and not have him loaned out.
Spot on mate. These guys are natural footballers who exude craft and guile which is what will help us pin teams back. I've had enough of seeing our wide players attack space on the counter or run into traffic whilst playing against a deep block. Our football hasn't been of the required standard for too long now and players like Amad and Hannibal can only improve things along with Sancho.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
City have Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, B. Silva, and Foden, Jesus and maybe new striker for 3 attacking spots.

We have Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Bruno,James and Amad for 4 spots, of which I don't think Martial and James are good enough and Amad is too young. And we can't get Sancho? How the heck are we supposed to challenge for the title?
Exactly. I don't get all this "We don't need (insert World Class Player here) at United" talk. Doesn't make any sense.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't think he should be affected by Sancho. Mata and James should both make way.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's crazy that people are looking at an 18 year old kid who looks multiple years away from being ready physically for the league as the reason why we should ignore the best young winger in the world for 3 years in a row now. We literally have nobody natural on the right, Greenwood is closest to it and he's more of a striker anyway, but not a creator anyway. Amad is a creator, but pretty much a youth player still. Signing Sancho won't block that development. It's just building our squad as we should so we have a strong first 11 and good depth in the long run too.
Like I said straightforward enough to you and me, but some people just don't get it.

-Supreme-

Spot on mate. These guys are natural footballers who exude craft and guile which is what will help us pin teams back. I've had enough of seeing our wide players attack space on the counter or run into traffic whilst playing against a deep block. Our football hasn't been of the required standard for too long now and players like Amad and Hannibal can only improve things along with Sancho.
Exactly, couldn't agree more especially the bolded part.

Andersons Dietician

Looks like he just has that thing. Hopefully his athleticism catches up with his ability. On technical ability and decisions he looks like he belongs but yeah I think he needs to develop more physically.

Loved the way he was playing today and the choices he was making. Was really effective dropping in to that space. Some of his touches and passes were top notch. Just made it look like it was a casual game for him.

On Sancho, hes played some of his best stuff on the left and has played there mostly recently so if Greenwood keeps improving it might be Rashford who is under threat.

Looks like he just has that thing. Hopefully his athleticism catches up with his ability. On technical ability and decisions he looks like he belongs but yeah I think he needs to develop more physically.

Loved the way he was playing today and the choices he was making. Was really effective dropping in to that space. Some of his touches and passes were top notch. Just made it look like it was a casual game for him.

On Sancho, hes played some of his best stuff on the left and has played there mostly recently so if Greenwood keeps improving it might be Rashford who is under threat.
he’s definitely got the right mentality. He’s going to be a bit of a slow burn I think in terms of his development, he’s not going to burst onto the scene. In time I think he will be a terrific player, and can really see the comparison to Mahrez.

hubbuh

There is absolutely room for Amad and Sancho to both exist at United. Both are versatile enough to offer real competition for Rashford, which Dan James will never do and which we desperately need. Rashford, Amad, Sancho, and Greenwood is a potent combination, with the assumption that Greenwood should be starting more games leading the line and rotating with Cavani.

With all that said, Amad looks really promising. For someone so young and inexperienced at this level he has fantastic decision-making. Another really exciting young talent at the club. Happy days.

Banana Republic

Amad is looking a great prospect, but as others have said, he's still quite a way off being ready for a regular 1st team spot in the league, particularly physically.
He's only 18 and still just a lad with plenty of growing left to do; even though he'll probably remain quite short in height.

Hopefully we'll get to see a bit more of him next season, with a good few sub appearances and maybe a few cup starts.
In the meantime, he'll need plenty of U-23 game time, rather than spending most of his time sitting on the 1st team bench.
There's no need to rush this kid.
With a bit of luck, Amad will be there and ready in a season or two's time.

Sancho is the player we need right now and he can eventually move to his more favoured and productive LW position with youngsters like Amad coming through on the right.

People like speculating how we'll line up in couple of years time. I'll chuck mine in.
A selection from....
LW - Sancho and Hannibal or Rashford
FW - Striker X and Greenwood
RW - Amad Diallo, Greenwood and Pellistri (maybe with a new RW Y as well)

Reactions: Sultan

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The weight of his passing is world class. It's no hyperbole. It reminds me of Messi. I think he's a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.