5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Positionally yes, but style of play.. Angel Gomes basically played to avoid any physical duel with pace or strength, and was a pure technique player. They both kind of play like Mata/David Silva, but in different areas of the pitch. But he definitely needs to get that wirey strength that someone like Silva had otherwise its too easy to shut them out of a game.
I'm talking about style of play. Gomes is more passive, compared to Amad who has more urgency in his play, making him in my view more of an attacker.

Highfather_24

Gomes is an #8/#10 hybrid. Amad is a winger. Gomes is predominantly about pass and move football. Amad is more about taking players on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brazil down to 10 men after Amad plays a nicely weighted through pass to the Ivory Coast #9, who outpaces Douglas Luis and the Luis has no choice but to bring him down.

Nero

"Eric Bailly is one of those calming, steady influencers at the back". Tim Howard on commentary.

In Rainbows

Will be a tragedy if we don't give him similar minutes to what Greenwood got 2 seasons ago.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Great pass from Amad just now
That pass is his trademark from what I've seen of the player. He cuts in and plays a beautifully weighted lofted pass from the right which unfortunately isn't brought under control.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His cut in and shot just now showed exactly why he is the more natural option for RW in the squad. I feel that we just need to invest in him in terms of time. The talent and attitude are both there.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Idxomer

His sense of his surroundings is way beyond his years.

It's just something you rarely see in young footballers and usually takes years to develop.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
10 Brazilians on the field but it’s all Amadinho :smirk:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bench for their game against Germany due to ko in 30min.

the_cliff

Really impressed with Amad since coming on, him and Kessie really stand out. His close control is a joy to watch.

Bailly on the other hand...

SirAnderson

Well done to Amad, Bailly and Ivory Coast going into the next round.
Mixed feelings, would like him and Bailly back, but these minutes will help him as I doubt he will have plenty with us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Showed his quality again today when he came on.

CM

Well done to Amad, Bailly and Ivory Coast going into the next round.
Mixed feelings, would like him and Bailly back, but these minutes will help him as I doubt he will have plenty with us.
This more or less acts as a pre-season for them as they have to quarantine on return so it's in our interests for them to go as far as possible.

As much as I Iike Amad I'd be surprised if he was involved before the cup competitions kick in either, so I don't think we'll miss out too much.

SirAnderson

This more or less acts as a pre-season for them as they have to quarantine on return so it's in our interests for them to go as far as possible.

As much as I Iike Amad I'd be surprised if he was involved before the cup competitions kick in either, so I don't think we'll miss out too much.
100% agree yeah. Seems most feel he is not read. I think he is. The only way he can show that is by getting a good run of games, and sadly I don't see that happening as he is fighting for a place with Sancho on the right.
Even with Rashford out, Greenwood seemly would then slot in the right.

Even then, we don't know what Ole has in mind. It's clear he didn't want to rush him into things last season, this season he could have a different plan for him.
If he isn't planning to use him much then a loan option has to happen, and to a decent side, PL side preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.