Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It’s true that we had a dearth of strikers ready when Ten Hag played him there as well, but yeah, I also remember Solskjær playing him there. He scored a peach of a header at AC Milan as well, was that the game?

It’s just that for me, he looks the least candidate for a striker in the whole of the United squad as per now. He’s tachnical with great passing ability, weak shots, lightweight and little end product. Surely that is not a false nine, that ’s a parody of a false nine.
He can play a David Silva role when he gets more mature

sglowrider

Possibly. I don’t think Silva was ever deployed as a false nine, though? He used to play left wing for Valencia and Spain, until Guardiola started using him regularily in midfield as an inside playmaker, didn’t he?
I was thinking of an inside playmaker. Hopefully, ETH has some proper imagination and knows how to maximise Amad's skillsets.

phelans shorts

Who’s Hamed Traore then?

Do they just look the same and have the same last name by chance?
They don’t have the same last name, one is Traore and one is Diallo. The clue is in the, well, name.

Both were victims of a trafficking, it’s possible they’re related but far from certain. Neither were related to the ‘parents’ they were brought up with in Italy.

Red Star One

They don’t have the same last name, one is Traore and one is Diallo. The clue is in the, well, name.

Both were victims of a trafficking, it’s possible they’re related but far from certain. Neither were related to the ‘parents’ they were brought up with in Italy.
Amad legally changed his name from Traore to Diallo if I recall correctly, the whole story of him arriving in Italy, being accused of falsifying documents and the plea bargain he stroke with the Italian prosecutors is quite dodgy tbh, but considering he specifically requested not to be called Traore anymore I'd respect that and not compare him to Hamed, whether they're related or not.

phelans shorts

Amad legally changed his name from Traore to Diallo if I recall correctly, the whole story of him arriving in Italy, being accused of falsifying documents and the plea bargain he stroke with the Italian prosecutors is quite dodgy tbh, but considering he specifically requested not to be called Traore anymore I'd respect that and not compare him to Hamed, whether they're related or not.
The falsified documents are from when he was about 12 aren’t they? Think he just wanted the entire thing behind him when he legally could, and who could blame him.

We’ll probably never know more than we do now, as you say, best to just stay away from whether they’re related or not in any talking point because there’s clearly a lot of murky stuff gone on.

Mainoldo

It’s not my business to care to be honest. They at one stage claimed to be brothers now a jurisdiction can’t confirm or deny this.

But thanks for the update it was a nice read.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Watched the last 20 minutes or so, and he seems to be just strolling about a lot of the time. Tidy on the ball, but mostly just passing it straight back to the defenders. Saying that he did nicely sit down a defender in the box, but couldn't find the cut back. Visually it just feels to pedestrian, and felt he needed to up the intensity

Foolsgold21

Looked better at the weekend but bloody hell he has a long way to go to even make our bench

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
By all accounts was much more involved against Luton, playing more centrally.
Had several good efforts on goal, which is what Mowbray is after.
Put himself about a bit more, and can only gain valuable experience from playing regularly.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing how he performs in pre season for United.

Just watched some highlights, and he appears to still playing on the right.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Looked better at the weekend but bloody hell he has a long way to go to even make our bench
No he doesn’t. Especially when you consider we’ve had Mainoo and Garnacho on the bench this season.

Anyway saw the game v Luton and Diallo was the main threat for Sunderland. Everything they did positively went through him. He definitely looks like he’s settled now and developing well to the level.

The Sunderland fans seem to love him. He’s already got his own chant.

Bondi77

Played the full game and scored again.
Mowbray spoke glowingly about him so he is coming along nicely.

sglowrider

Played the full game and scored again.
Mowbray spoke glowingly about him so he is coming along nicely.
Have to give Mowbray credit. He is willing to coach him -- rather than GvB who basically asked him to sink or swim... to an 18/19y.o is criminal.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Said the other day, but he looks like he’s starting to crack it. I could see him really tearing some games up by the end of the season.

zbcrow15

That first time ball for the assist was so perfectly hit. You can tell he has the quality to be a playmaker in the middle, he just needs a run of games to unlock the potential. I hope he makes it here so the people griping about the transfer can eat some crow.

Glorio

Always find it a bit annoying that we have to follow 2 threads (Player Performance & Loan Watch) for players on loan.

Glorio

I love that they were actively looking for him to make things happen. He's already looking a lot more direct. There was another shot that went slightly wide of the target

phelans shorts

Glorio

Watched most of the second half and in what could be considered chaotic play in the final third from some of his team mates, he rarely gave the ball away.

Really hoping the likes of he and Hanninal make it with the bags of technical ability they have.

Remembering this gem

sglowrider

Forgotten Man Utd wonderkid labelled ‘amazing talent’ by manager of club he’s starring on loan at

Mowbray declared: "Knowing his personality, it's good that he's under the Premier League radar - under the Manchester United world support radar.

"But he's still at Sunderland where there are 40,000 at home games demanding that he runs and fights and chases and wins headers, and he has scored a couple of goals in the last three games.

"We can see on the training pitch that he has got amazing talent.

"You can see why Manchester United might have paid an incredible amount of money for him, because the ball sticks to his foot and he's fast and he knows where the net is - he's got a wand of a left foot.

"I think he just has to play football and enjoy football and grow, really. Whether he ever gets to the level [where he plays regularly for Manchester United] ... I hope he does.

criticalanalysis

Bloody hell, Mowbray is a Amad fanboy at this point.

Sent him all the youths!

After Steve Bruce, we need more managers borrowing our talents and giving them game time.

jem

That first time ball for the assist was so perfectly hit. You can tell he has the quality to be a playmaker in the middle, he just needs a run of games to unlock the potential. I hope he makes it here so the people griping about the transfer can eat some crow.
That’s why you hope he makes it?:houllier:

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Amad can back up Antony. Hopefully he comes back next year and have a role to play. Clever player with lots of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.