Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
Very telling that Sunderland made 5 subs with the game in the balance and he wasn't one of them.

You'd imagine the young flair player on loan having a fairly quiet game would be the first one hooked a lot of the time. Mowbray must trust him to be able to change the game even when he isn't necessarily at his best. That's a great sign.
He’s a game changer mate
We have 4( incredible considering the garbage we’ve watched last 7 seasons or so )
Diallo Roberts Stewart ( who is immense ) and Clarke
It’s the first time in years I’ve seen us play with freedom flair and more importantly pace -your man is a massive part of that
He’s playing in front of the biggest crowds in the Championship ( by 10000 per game ) and is loving it -we wish him nothing but success on the bigger stage ( just not yet !)
We scraped into the play offs in 5th last season -Wigan won the league last season easily
Last night we demolished them 4 1 at their place -the turnaround has been incredible-down to our identification of players

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s a game changer mate
We have 4( incredible considering the garbage we’ve watched last 7 seasons or so )
Diallo Roberts Stewart ( who is immense ) and Clarke
It’s the first time in years I’ve seen us play with freedom flair and more importantly pace -your man is a massive part of that
He’s playing in front of the biggest crowds in the Championship ( by 10000 per game ) and is loving it -we wish him nothing but success on the bigger stage ( just not yet !)
We scraped into the play offs in 5th last season -Wigan won the league last season easily
Last night we demolished them 4 1 at their place -the turnaround has been incredible-down to our identification of players
Its interesting how Mowbray has a sea change in terms of what most people think Mowbray footie is like. He must have spend some time on the continent to learn a new approach to the game.

OL29

Just watched his compilation of the match against Wigan, he’s developing into a very exciting talent. Those intricate passes are reminiscent of Odegaard, I really hope he makes it here, we could really do with that intelligence in our attack.

sglowrider

Just watched his compilation of the match against Wigan, he’s developing into a very exciting talent. Those intricate passes are reminiscent of Odegaard, I really hope he makes it here, we could really do with that intelligence in our attack.
Its funny, I was just thinking of that comparison earlier. Amad has a better burst of speed.

NoPace

I think it will depend how he ends the season with Sunderland. If he sails through to the end of the season playing as he is, I think Amad has a chance of doing pre-season with us and staying. If there's a bump in his form or goes through a rough spell, I think he'll probably get sent out on loan for another year.

Personally I'd like to see him get a proper spell in the first team. I've always thought he's done quite well in the limited appearances he's had for the first team, there's no doubting his technical quality. I don't want to see him being drip fed occasional minutes in the cup if we bring him back though, he has to be treated as a serious player.
I think he'll get a pre-season chance with us, and it will depend on him and Sancho. Also I guess there's a small chance Rashford asks to go to PSG.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I think he'll get a pre-season chance with us, and it will depend on him and Sancho. Also I guess there's a small chance Rashford asks to go to PSG.
I seriously doubt Rashford will ask to go to PSG

Pronewbie

Peep
I still see some poor/slow decision-making in his game even in those highlights. Hopefully his stint at Sunderland helps him quicken it. An extra year wouldn't hurt, especially if Sunderland are promoted to the Premier league.

sglowrider

I still see some poor/slow decision-making in his game even in those highlights. Hopefully his stint at Sunderland helps him quicken it. An extra year wouldn't hurt, especially if Sunderland are promoted to the Premier league.
I don't think its poor decision-making. If you look closely at his team-mates. They are pretty stationary and want the ball to be passed to their feet. Amad is like Sancho in that sense, he wants the players to run into spaces. Thats why there is always a pause with Amad and the players too. It was really evident at Rangers. They aren't always on the same wavelength. But its improved over the season at Roker park..

Geistman

I've watched a fair bit of Sunderland games specifically because Amad is on loan and to be fair, technically he stands out completely in comparison to the rest of the Sunderland players, bar maybe Roberts who is tidy. It's almost unfair that he didn't even get an assist today at the very least. It's been a fantastic loan as you can see him want the ball more and more and his team mates actually seek him out which is great.

krazyrobus

feck me, that striker missed an open goal header like 5 yards out. We should sign him up!

Thiagoal

You can see his confidence is sky-high with all the flicks and tricks! Did everything but score today and had a swagger that would look great at Old Trafford!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Another great performance today from Amad against Blackpool

Love watching him play. He’s the sort of no10 I think improves the way a team plays. He’s totally controlling games there for Sunderland. You can see them all falling into the way he plays. I’d love to see him back next season and work towards him replacing Bruno.

SirScholes

I don't think its poor decision-making. If you look closely at his team-mates. They are pretty stationary and want the ball to be passed to their feet. Amad is like Sancho in that sense, he wants the players to run into spaces. Thats why there is always a pause with Amad and the players too. It was really evident at Rangers. They aren't always on the same wavelength. But its improved over the season at Roker park..
I see that he’s saying to be honest
I agree he’s similar to sancho, he’s almost slowing down play, drawing defenders in then passing to speed play up again
I just don’t think that works in the PL when you’re playing for a top 4 team. Teams sit in low blocks so you need constant high tempo passing to create gaps. Any time you slow down play it allows organised defences to settle.
I think this is Sanchos problem with us.
I think this is one of casemiro’s underrated plus points, look at yesterdays goal. Ball drops to him in CM and he drills a low crossfield pass first time to switch play to the left.

that being said (long winded) I do like the confidence and almost leadership’ness he is developing at starting plays from all over the pitch

M Bison

Supports
York City
He looks the business in that clip, very impressive. Anyone know what the Sunderland fans have been saying?

Gordon S

He is so confident at the moment he drops down between the centerbacks to get the ball!
And it is fun to see the influence he has on his teammates, get the feeling they love playing with him.

Idxomer

It appears more and more that he's gonna end up as a no.10, he's a player that needs the freedom to be popping everywhere on the pitch.

At one point today, he went back near his own box to get the ball and start an attack.

Biggins

The way he keeps the ball close to his feet reminds me so much of Messi. He is a very exciting talent and if developed properly can be an elite player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks the business in that clip, very impressive. Anyone know what the Sunderland fans have been saying?
Since his first full 90 minutes, he has 6 goals and 1 assist in 11 games. He’s one of the most in form players in the league at the moment

supermao

He just might be our best option for competition/cover for Anthony on RW, I'd at least if I were ETH have that conversation with him, with the cups and PL games there should be enough minutes to go around. I'd send Elanga on loan the other way, and possibly Pellestri to a lower PL side.

Bondi77

Looking like shrewd business by the club bringing him in and Ole would have to take some credit for that.
Playing at a big club like Sunderland with big crowds will be a nice warm up for him so he won't be overawed when it comes to playing regularly for us on the RW or even as a 10 as he has the skillset for both.

Anustart89

Another great performance today from Amad against Blackpool

If he can translate this type of performance to the PL I'm convinced that EtH will love him since he wants players who can operate in different positions. Just in this clip, we've seen him influence the game from deep-lying playmaker, no 10, and wide forward positions.

jesperjaap

Interesting the Odegard comparisons. Whenever I have watched him for Sunderland he has done well, but does look more effective through the middle as a number 10 than a winger.

Bags of ability, but still not sure he has the pace or strength to be a top wide player for us. I still feel in the premiership, he might get bullied a bit physically by some of the stronger more experinced full backs.

I'd really like to see him developed as more of a number 10. Think his technique and vision can be fully utilised in those spaes to be a top player to Odegard

Bondi77

Why is he listed as Traore on the Sunderland page and Diallio on our page?
I am aware of why he did the name change but surely there would be consistency now.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
The way he keeps the ball close to his feet reminds me so much of Messi. He is a very exciting talent and if developed properly can be an elite player.
Yeah, I’ve said this before, but while I can’t pretend to be able to predict that he will reach a certain level with any kind of certainty — it is very obvious why a group of scouts fell absolutely in love with him and made a 22m plus potentially an additional 15m offer to Atalanta.

He is definitely unique in some ways. His super quick feet, silky smooth touch, the vision. With my limited ability to judge the prospects of a young footballer, I would bet at him becoming really good. I think he has potential to become like a David Silva type of performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.