Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No one can convince me he’s not better than Elanga

unfair to compare him to elanga. it’s difficult not playing 90 mins every week, you cant get consistency and confidence.

That is something Amad clearly has in abundance right now. You can see he looks stronger and faster, he’s manipulating the ball rolling it around and playing it off both feet with trick passes.

I’m not debating Amad is a way better technician but I think if Elanga had a similar loan he’d be looking way better too.

Really happy this loan is working out, he’s for filling his potential like we hoped.

As much as I’d love to see him back at United I think another season playing consistently is way more important for him.

Theo88

unfair to compare him to elanga. it’s difficult not playing 90 mins every week, you cant get consistency and confidence.

That is something Amad clearly has in abundance right now. You can see he looks stronger and faster, he’s manipulating the ball rolling it around and playing it off both feet with trick passes.

I’m not debating Amad is a way better technician but I think if Elanga had a similar loan he’d be looking way better too.

Really happy this loan is working out, he’s for filling his potential like we hoped.

As much as I’d love to see him back at United I think another season playing consistently is way more important for him.
I dont think Elanaga is or will be a technical player with flair and finesse. He is a workhorse, knows 6 plays 7, runs fast and has a good motor.

Amad is more of a finesse kind of player. If he build up his confidence, physicals and motor he can be a blast. Different players.

Adam-Utd

I dont think Elanaga is or will be a technical player with flair and finesse. He is a workhorse, knows 6 plays 7, runs fast and has a good motor.

Amad is more of a finesse kind of player. If he build up his confidence, physicals and motor he can be a blast. Different players.
Elanga showed plenty of 'flair' and Finesse in the youth games. The issue is he hasn't been able to translate that to the mens game yet.

Clearly confidence is the biggest issue as he keeps it very robotic when playing at the moment.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Elanga showed plenty of 'flair' and Finesse in the youth games. The issue is he hasn't been able to translate that to the mens game yet.

Clearly confidence is the biggest issue as he keeps it very robotic when playing at the moment.
It's not confidence, he's just not technically at the level to pull off the same level of skill at this level. He's super limited

Adam-Utd

It's not confidence, he's just not technically at the level to pull off the same level of skill at this level. He's super limited
Nah that's just not true, he showed plenty of tricks/technique in the reserves.

He just hasn't been able to show it at mens level.

Glorio

The speed and quality of the games are miles apart from the reserves.
Most professional attacking footballers can pull out tricks, bits of eye popping technique when playing at a lower level, however, at the highest level, that time, space, and the "lack of pressure" simply isn't there, which means only the most gifted have the confidence, and the actual ability to pull those off regularly.

Elanga showed some good skill at the reserve level, and while he probably isn't showing the breadth of what he can do at the top level, and so should improve, I feel he is somewhat limited in the technical ability required to be a top attacker in the EPL.

Marwood

Always thought he was a bit one dimensional even in the reserves.

Huge pace, cut inside, shoot.

Trex

Could cover both Antony and Bruno next season, he'll be our answer to B. Silva.

Rossa

Always thought he was a bit one dimensional even in the reserves.

Huge pace, cut inside, shoot.
Elanga is very fast, argusbly United’s fastest player. However, he takes too long in deciding when to put his after burners on, and then it’s too late. I don’t know if he thinks too much or what, but he needs to trust his physical attributes more.

arthurka

Elanga is very fast, argusbly United’s fastest player. However, he takes too long in deciding when to put his after burners on, and then it’s too late. I don’t know if he thinks too much or what, but he needs to trust his physical attributes more.
He should've gone out on loan.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Playing 3-4-2-1 today, with Amad probably out on the wing again.

Saw a rerun of Birmingham’s last game yesterday (was played at the same time we played Nottingham). Wasn’t anything wrong with Hannibal’s play, but the rain was pouring, tough game against Burnley. You could tell that he was a little worn out. Worked like crazy, but not as crisp as he was earlier in the year.

Another type of challenge for these kids. 46 games per season is a lot to start with, compressed season. They get to play a ton of football right now. Takes a lot of mental strength to perform at a high level regularly and be consistent. The level of preparation it takes, focus on the game, it’s on another level.

mu4c_20le

Why did it take this long to put him in the 10? He sees so much more of the ball and can now influence the games

Adamsk7

He’s legit good now. I mean he was always obviously good but now he’s doing it in professional games consistently.

Mingus

He's not been as influential tonight as he has been.

It will be interesting to see if Mowbray moves him to 10 or maybe even give him a rest given how hard he generally works and the matches coming thick and fast now.

He doesn't usually get subbed these days though unless he's injured as he's such a threat.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Hope Ba isn't injured. Bet Amad loves playing with Ba. Roberts and Pritchett are not that keen on giving the ball to Amad, obviously not thrilled with the competition... This hasn't been Amad's best game, you can tell that he isn't as sharp now in the deciding moments as early in the year. That is the big challenge for a kid that plays a ton of mens football for the first time. But at the same time, should we really expect him to provide that? Mostly, he does something good when he gets the ball. A few times he looses the ball. It happens. But I definitely think he enjoyed playing with Ba. Someone that draws attention with the ball and then doesn't hesitate to give it to Amad.

Glorio

Before he scored I was thinking that number 10 shirt looked decent

Status
Not open for further replies.