Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sky sports reporter is raving about him so far. Sounds like he's doing well.

Dve

Amad and Roberts causing Fulham all sorts of problems, and I dare to say it, Amad looks better and a lot more unpredictable than the one we spent 90m on this summer.

JustinC00

Came away unimpressed. Think people should slow down with the hype on him. Match against a club in the premier league and he was eh. Definitely helping that he is playing in the Championship

JustinC00

and I dare to say it, Amad looks better and a lot more unpredictable than the one we spent 90m on this summer.
Amad was playing at the #10. So proper comparison would be Bruno. Would you argue he looks better than Bruno?

Pereira looked a level above Amad today.

Idxomer

Amad was playing at the #10. So proper comparison would be Bruno. Would you argue he looks better than Bruno?

Pereira looked a level above Amad today.
He played in 3 different positions today and I don't think Pereira looked a level above at all. He was just in a team with much more possession, so got more on the ball.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's in and out of the game but when he's in it you certainly know about it. He's easily got the talent to be Man Utd first XI but has he got the drive? Pogba had the talent too but wasn't really good enough. I think Amad will get there, he seems to be slowly coming out of his shell the more games he plays and long may it continue.

glasgow 21

That's at least three comments where Antony hasn't been slagged off. where are you all ? surely this isn't good enough for the "get antony out brigade". Money counters take note Diallo has cost apparently you!! 14 million so far and basically hasn't kicked a ball for us and he is better than Antony?, nice one .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems some fans are expecting a little too much? Fulham are a good side and not even Chelsea or Tottenham's wingers 'dominated' against them.

It sounds like he was involved a fair amount which can only be a good thing, especially in a championship side.

I'm happy to see he's showing consistently good performances, which shows he's stepped up a level.

redom

His first touch is immaculate, you can tell his teammates have really learned to trust passing to him in tight spots as he'll either pop it back to them or kill it dead and then look to do something. His final product and decision making still needs work as you would expect from a young player but hopefully a lot of that will come with experience and maturity, really glad this loan seems to working out so well for him.

Red-17

You can judge his performance for yourself

Definitely a lot of positives and definitely some decision making/execution errors, but given this is probably the toughest game in terms of opposition he has played all year, he certainly didn't look out of place. Certainly don't think he would look out of place in a better team either, and if anything would benefit from having less attention on him from the defenders.

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
Came away unimpressed. Think people should slow down with the hype on him. Match against a club in the premier league and he was eh. Definitely helping that he is playing in the Championship
He’s excellent .
Your point is valid Re Championship v Prem -would he be given the patience he gets here when missing chances in big games in the Prem .
He’s outstanding at this level -he has come on leaps and bounds under big TM but he is very patient with him and by his own admission sends him out to enjoy it and express himself .
He does miss chances -but he often creates them -he’s still learning but our team is very very young ( we had a 15 year old who “ scored “ at the death but it was offside and he would have been the youngest ever scorer in fa cup history !) Apparently you are after him ? -swap for Diallo would perhaps suit ha ha ?
Anyway we still love him -he’s getting better and one day will do well for you in my humble …just not yet
Would love to get promoted ( obviously) and loan him again in the Prem ( now i am dreaming I think )
Good luck and who knows we may meet in the next round of the cup
Ps hope you stuff the
“ richest club in the world at Wembley “!?

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Feels weird that Sunderland played and the Amad thread wasn't bumped until just now! He must have had a rare quiet outing.

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
Feels weird that Sunderland played and the Amad thread wasn't bumped until just now! He must have had a rare quiet outing.
He did have a quiet one.
Mind Millwall played very direct on a poor pitch and it was a very very physical game .
He gave the ball away more than usual -he will not have played In a game or atmosphere like that for a while ( Millwall biggest gate since 1995 I believe and their fans were right “ up for the game “)
He will learn from this game as will all our very young squad .
Not sure if he will play v Fulham in Fa cup replay mid week in a game that sadly doesn’t seem to inspire fans like the old days of the competition.
We have been playing in front of 40000 this season ( and he’s performed very well ) -the cup game on tv looking more like 25000-I personally would rest him He could do with a rest -good player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Also not bumped after FA Cup replay vs Fulham last night. I actually watched that one. He played well. Had a goal bound shot cleared off the line. Himself and Roberts link up so well together. Could see a similar double act with Sancho in the future?

Robbie Boy

Also not bumped after FA Cup replay vs Fulham last night. I actually watched that one. He played well. Had a goal bound shot cleared off the line. Himself and Roberts link up so well together. Could see a similar double act with Sancho in the future?
I had actually forgotten that Sunderland were playing Fulham last night! Good to hear that he played well against a PL side. Hopefully he can play a part here next year.

On a separate note: Roberts never really lived up to the hype. He looked a really top talent when he was playing for Fulham, at like 16!

pascell

I had actually forgotten that Sunderland were playing Fulham last night! Good to hear that he played well against a PL side. Hopefully he can play a part here next year.

On a separate note: Roberts never really lived up to the hype. He looked a really top talent when he was playing for Fulham, at like 16!
City ruined him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, I remember the hype well. The English Messi! He’s looking great for Sunderland right now. They have a few exciting young players actually. And they play very nice football. Good time to be a Sunderland fan (Newcastle oil money aside!)

Gurtej

We will sell him this year and we should as he will have limited opportunities going forward at United.

No point in loaning out, rather sell with first option to buy in case he turns out to be great.
This for me is the best way to sell with a clause.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We will sell him this year and we should as he will have limited opportunities going forward at United.

No point in loaning out, rather sell with first option to buy in case he turns out to be great.
They won't be selling him, he will get a chance at OT though when remains to be seen, selling him now would represent a big loss because there's no way we'd recoup what we paid for him

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I also think that Pellistri and Elanga will leave next summer, Elanga maybe on loan. So that might open up a spot for Amad to get some minutes next season. A lot depends on Sancho though and I think EtH believes in him, but he needs to find his form soon. Especially if Rashford is moved to play mainly as a striker (doubt it), then Amad might be in rotation with Antony. Hope he gets his chance, whether he can take it remains to be seen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You realise that this is his first season of regular/first-team football ... and you want to sell him? He has the potential to team up and eventually replace Bruno in a few years time.

Tarrou

They won't be selling him, he will get a chance at OT though when remains to be seen, selling him now would represent a big loss because there's no way we'd recoup what we paid for him
of course we would?

he's looking like one of the best young players in the Championship, teams would bite our hand off at 20m

Woziak

Amad has all the tools to be a united player, would bring him in for first 6 months of season and slowly integrate him into First team Squad competing with Antony and if he doesn’t play much lend him out to a PL team fighting relegation for last 6 months. We should not sell. He’ll be a full squad member by 24/25 season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Amad has all the tools to be a united player, would bring him in for first 6 months of season and slowly integrate him into First team Squad competing with Antony and if he doesn’t play much lend him out to a PL team fighting relegation for last 6 months. We should not sell. He’ll be a full squad member by 24/25 season
Why would you want to dump him back out on the wing where he shows a lack of pace and physicality and when his best assets have proven to shine from a central position where he’s more involved in the action and linking up with those around him?

Woziak

Why would you want to dump him back out on the wing where he shows a lack of pace and physicality and when his best assets have proven to shine from a central position where he’s more involved in the action and linking up with those around him?
He’s playing most right wing for Sunderland, has pace needs building up physically but he’s more like a right wing playmaker like Sancho and in recent games Bruno he likes to pass and move not beat the full back with blistering pace but he still likes to cut in from the right and shoot like Antony. My point is we can start to integrate him more next season into the squad, his ceiling is higher than Elanga, Pellistri and maybe as high as Garnaucho giving development time.

Raven

He’s playing most right wing for Sunderland, has pace needs building up physically but he’s more like a right wing playmaker like Sancho and in recent games Bruno he likes to pass and move not beat the full back with blistering pace but he still likes to cut in from the right and shoot like Antony. My point is we can start to integrate him more next season into the squad, his ceiling is higher than Elanga, Pellistri and maybe as high as Garnaucho giving development time.
For me, his ceiling is higher than Garnacho as well, but Garnacho has blistering pace so is more useful at the moment.

Gordon Godot

For me, his ceiling is higher than Garnacho as well, but Garnacho has blistering pace so is more useful at the moment.
GIven some recent injuries for Sunderland in games like the recent Fulham match he seemed to be playing as a no 10. The BBC commentators were raving about him, only issue was finishing. They said at one point some of his play was top level, and by that they clarified them meant Premier league top level.

Raven

GIven some recent injuries for Sunderland in games like the recent Fulham match he seemed to be playing as a no 10. The BBC commentators were raving about him, only issue was finishing. They said at one point some of his play was top level, and by that they clarified them meant Premier league top level.
I hope he gets his chance with us next year, love watching him play.

Woziak

Pace is great for counter attacking team, when you are becoming a possession based teams were your full backs play inverted and dominate the ball and midfield you need playmaker with pace that move the ball quickly, watching united vs Leicester was how we used to pay under ole fast transitions let the other team dominate the ball abs then hit you in the counter, the only difference between Leicester yesterday and Ole’s united was we had even quicker players and better finishers, but got dominate remember 0-5, 5-0 Liverpool , thrashed at and by city why , because the better footballing teams work that out eventually like we did with Leicester then dominate the ball in your half, Rashford, Sancho Bruno quick interchange for Sancho third goal is what I’m talking about and ETH is creating a team that will eventually play this way but have the ability in certain games to counter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.