View full 2023-24 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Unam333

You cannot underestimate the value of a player who does something sensible and thoughtful with the ball every time. We have precious few of those in the squad. Eriksen, Martial, Amad, maybe Mainoo. That’s probably it (excluding defenders). We have too many stupid, selfish players, which is why our football is stupid and selfish.
Can also apply to society. We have too many stupid, selfish people, which is why the world is stupid and selfish.

arnie_ni

He's got something about him, but he looks so lacklustre sometimes. That situation with Gibbs White barely being able to run and Amad "chasing" him down was almost comical to watch.
Where he ran back, used his body and won the ball back you mean?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You cannot underestimate the value of a player who does something sensible and thoughtful with the ball every time. We have precious few of those in the squad. Eriksen, Martial, Amad, maybe Mainoo. That’s probably it (excluding defenders). We have too many stupid, selfish players, which is why our football is stupid and selfish.
We need to fill our squad with these players. It’s a fundamental trait that a player has or just doesn’t. You can normally see it in a player within the first few matches too.

The Hilton

Looked pretty bright, we have a nice quiet January but once things get hectic later in the season he should hopefully be in contention for a good run of minutes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Went Into to the game when we were chasing, didn't really do anything of merit, nor did anything wrong.

Just a standard sub appearance by someone who is just coming back to full fitness.
Not sure there's anything read into it other then that really.

luke511

Went Into to the game when we were chasing, didn't really do anything of merit, nor did anything wrong.

Just a standard sub appearance by someone who is just coming back to full fitness.
We’d still have Dan James on the wing if it was up to you.

lex talionis

A bit harsh. He looked very tidy with the ball amidst a squad that was playing as though they had rocks in their boots.

Fahad Jawaid

Loved his play today, looks assured on the ball, always in control, plus his one touch passing and movement was great to see. He also created two great chances for Eriksen and Bruno, he was also able to cut inside a have a shot away, which is the only time our any winger was able to get a shot away (throughout the day). Should definitely start in the next match in place of Antony.

Stig

He looked keen and better than Antony in being less one footed, but I thought he was too tentative in what he did. I know he hasn't played for 2 years and would be nervous and not wanting to blow his chance but back passes instead of crosses send me mad. Hopefully he gets more confident and forward thinking with more game time.

Stig

I agree with this, but with it being his first came back and him being young and not wanting blow his chance I can accept his cautiousness and yes, I would play him ahead of Antony in the next game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Ten hag should try amad as a attacking midfielder(number 10)
I agree for two reasons. First reason being our wide players suffer from being too isolated when in possession. They're not that good at dribbling yet they're expected to beat multiple men and get a ball in the box, and that results in us losing possession nine times out of ten.

Amad is a linkup player so, as a 10, he would naturally drift out wide to create passing options and overloads with the FB which Antony/Garnacho/Rashford would benefit from greatly.

Second reason being I think he'd face the same struggles out wide as the aforementioned players because, in this setup, he doesn't have the attributes to thrive due to not being a great dribbler himself either.

massiveissue

Legit, but, the most important part is that he showed a few glimpses, close control, some good passes and, most importantly, very good movement.

So, a kid not playing for 2 years showing a bit of promise in a few minutes and looking tidier than our 100mil right winger is still a good thing.

Abraxas

We should get him up to fitness and give him a go. Not going to learn much until he's given the sort of consistent opportunities that Antony is given and then subsequently squanders.

AndySmith1990

He did nothing of note, good nor bad. Think people are just desperate for any glimmer of hope and positivity right now

city-puma

Looked pretty bright, we have a nice quiet January but once things get hectic later in the season he should hopefully be in contention for a good run of minutes.
He has the chance to establish himself the regular starter.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really liked his run out today. Very promising. Shame his errant pass was the catalyst for Forest’s winner
It wasn’t an errant pass at all, just stupidity from Bruno to dummy the ball to nobody. Well, not ‘nobody’, a breaking Forest player actually.

OwenOz6

Amad Diallo is our best right winger, I can’t wait to see him cook:drool:

time4change

Supports
Nottingham forest
Very positive for his first run out, movement off the ball was good and always looked to attack when he received the ball, he had a part in the build up to Dalots shot that hit the post.
If he goes out on loan in January then this club has no sense.

Eddy_JukeZ

He did nothing of note, good nor bad. Think people are just desperate for any glimmer of hope and positivity right now
I mean I wouldn't call him a world beater, but he did plenty of good out there. He was tidy with the ball. Created a chance for Eriksen. Created a chance for himself. Created a chance for Bruno too who decided it'd be a good idea to dummy the ball to a Forrest player.

We'll see how he does next game, but he was good today.

Mingus

I agree for two reasons. First reason being our wide players suffer from being too isolated when in possession. They're not that good at dribbling yet they're expected to beat multiple men and get a ball in the box, and that results in us losing possession nine times out of ten.

Amad is a linkup player so, as a 10, he would naturally drift out wide to create passing options and overloads with the FB which Antony/Garnacho/Rashford would benefit from greatly.

Second reason being I think he'd face the same struggles out wide as the aforementioned players because, in this setup, he doesn't have the attributes to thrive due to not being a great dribbler himself either.
I see that you have not watched Amad play much. He's an excellent dribbler.

MrBest

Why do people expect a guy who has not kicked a ball in months to make the world shine in a 30 min cameo?

I didnt see the game but good or bad, this is like pre season for him, needs match sharpness and rhythm. I think he has what it takes to be a success but the only thing that makes me question anythimg is the manager and / or the way we play football.

Grande

Or they just note stuff. Like him playing in Wan Bissaka in the box, playing up Eriksen, then Bruno, and a shot for himself as well. Winning the ball back a squeeky bum times. Playing precise passes and keeping retention. He produced more in 30 mins than the rest of United in 100 mins today, and more than Antony has all season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Reminds me of his early days at Sunderland. He traps the ball beautifully but nowhere to pass to due to the lack of movement in front of him. Eventually the off the ball movement improved and his goal contributions increased.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why do people expect a guy who has not kicked a ball in months to make the world shine in a 30 min cameo?

I didnt see the game but good or bad, this is like pre season for him, needs match sharpness and rhythm. I think he has what it takes to be a success but the only thing that makes me question anything is the manager and / or the way we play football.
This. 100%

lost7

Depressing to think that a winger coming on and doing a couple of 1-2s, pass and move, and not running into defenders like a headless chicken was enough to impress most of us here. And this is not a slight on Amad, but it does show how lackluster our standards of play have become

Bondi77

I thought he looked lively and direct and positive.
I really hope he starts the game against Wigan and he can build up his match fitness quickly.

Litch

This seems an odd thing to say when he played today, literally for the first time since he returned from injury.
We will see when Hojlund comes back in as the decision will be a lot harder than todays. We'll see when he has Rashford, Anthony and Mount on the bench.
Also a chance means after todays performance, he then starts against Wigan.
We will see.....

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Legit, but, the most important part is that he showed a few glimpses, close control, some good passes and, most importantly, very good movement.

So, a kid not playing for 2 years showing a bit of promise in a few minutes and looking tidier than our 100mil right winger is still a good thing.
Not quite two years, but yeah it's still a good thing alright,
Just not sure it's anything to really jump about, unless our standards have dropped that much.