View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Von Mistelroum

I find it very strange that he isn't given a real chance. He seems like the kind of player who improves as he plays more and who relies on having players around him who can work with him. I've seen glimpses from him that suggest he would look excellent in a team like Arsenal for example, and he certainly has a bigger upside than Rashford or Antony so it's really weird that EtH seems determined to only use him if he has no other options.

Baxquux

I find it very strange that he isn't given a real chance. He seems like the kind of player who improves as he plays more and who relies on having players around him who can work with him. I've seen glimpses from him that suggest he would look excellent in a team like Arsenal for example, and he certainly has a bigger upside than Rashford or Antony so it's really weird that EtH seems determined to only use him if he has no other options.
I agree. But ETH's hitched his waggon to Antony and, to an extent, Mount, so that the RW slot is Garnacho or Antony and the first reserve for 10 slot after Bruno is MM.

I think AD has a braver, more proactive attitude and even aggression compared to Sancho, but they're both not especially rapid and not especially muscular players who rely upon playing combinations by and large as well as finding pockets of space. ETH is similar to preceding managers insofar as he hasn't made the most of that kind of player under his style of play (even when it was working better). Bruno also relies upon 'finding space' rather than being strong or quick, but he's more of a passer/final ball/long-range strikes guy, so can get away with it more under TH's system.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am actually convinced he has some disciplinary issues, like being late or maybe wearing wrong clothes to team meetings, picking up phone during meeting or something, because that's usually how players get on the wrong side of ETH.

I don't think he's amazing or anything, he hasn't really shown that here, but neither are players that are ahead of him and they are still getting significantly more minutes. With him there's at least some upside which can't be said about most of others.

Raven

I am actually convinced he has some disciplinary issues, like being late or maybe wearing wrong clothes to team meetings, picking up phone during meeting or something, because that's usually how players get on the wrong side of ETH.

I don't think he's amazing or anything, he hasn't really shown that here, but neither are players that are ahead of him and they are still getting significantly more minutes. With him there's at least some upside which can't be said about most of others.
ETH usually makes it public though.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I reckon this might be a good shout .
ETH usually makes it public though.
Asides from saying Sancho’s performances in training weren't at the required level, are there any other examples? I'm not being sarcastic or anything - I just genuinely can't recall any others but I might be wrong.

Raven

I reckon this might be a good shout .

Asides from saying Sancho’s performances in training weren't at the required level, are there any other examples? I'm not being sarcastic or anything - I just genuinely can't recall any others but I might be wrong.
Rashford and Garnacho last season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
To be fair, he has moved to the first attacking sub role, but yeah he should be starting ahead of Antony after that abject performance against Palace.

Antony seems to pull the odd performance out the bag when he's under threat and then goes straight back to shite.

He got 45 mins against Bournemouth, 35 against Sheffield and 25 Burnley where he just didn't really have the impact he should have, if he's looking to earn a starting. As I keep saying, he needs to get the start on merit really, not because Antony is rubbish. That being said, I think the Palace game where Antony was so ineffective and his attitude stunk, he should be dropped for and Amad should get his mins for pure professionalism reasons.
I guess it depends on what you expect out of him. For me, his cameos were positive and, had he got a start in any of the games post his return months ago, it would've been on merit rather than just Antony being poor.

I completely get why you and many others weren't impressed with his cameos as there was nothing that really made him stand out, but, for me, the simplicity he brought was a breath of fresh air. The fact that he looked to link-up play rather than go Hollywood, and his ability to pull a la pelopina turn off under pressure to keep possession were huge improvements alone for me. I personally thought he brought some balance to the side so it's much more than just being brighter than Antony.

That's all without even mentioning him providing our moment of the season against Liverpool.

I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to him starting over Antony now. Especially at this stage of the season with so many games against tougher opposition left. The time to give Amad a run in the team has passed this season, and, if ten Hag stays, will likely never come as I just don't think he rates him.

Bondi77

I would confidently bet money that it a poll was conducted purely for all the other managers in the Premier League and the question was who they would pick to start in their team given the options of Antony or Amad then not one would pick Antony.
This is my greatest concern about Erik.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I guess it depends on what you expect out of him. For me, his cameos were positive and, had he got a start in any of the games post his return months ago, it would've been on merit rather than just Antony being poor.

I completely get why you and many others weren't impressed with his cameos as there was nothing that really made him stand out, but, for me, the simplicity he brought was a breath of fresh air. The fact that he looked to link-up play rather than go Hollywood, and his ability to pull a la pelopina turn off under pressure to keep possession were huge improvements alone for me. I personally thought he brought some balance to the side so it's much more than just being brighter than Antony.

That's all without even mentioning him providing our moment of the season against Liverpool.

I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to him starting over Antony now. Especially at this stage of the season with so many games against tougher opposition left. The time to give Amad a run in the team has passed this season, and, if ten Hag stays, will likely never come as I just don't think he rates him.
He's got to be more creative and a goal threat. He's very tidy, wants the ball all the time and keeps possession. It doesn't go much further than there though.

Cool, but on that logic Scott should start every game and I know you don't think that!

Same, but I think he should. Potentially right, but will Ten Hag be proven wrong? I think that's very much up for debate.

mikeyt

Convinced this lad will be a top, top player when exposed to first team football properly. Sadly that won't be here while ETH remains at the helm. I'd be gutted to see him leave especially when the likes of Antony have been consistently picked ahead of him.

Remember the geese

It's really odd that he isn't being viewed in a similar regard to Garnacho, Højlund and Mainoo. He should be because he is very talented. One of very few who I'd be disappointed and annoyed about should he be sold.

Stadjer

It's really odd that he isn't being viewed in a similar regard to Garnacho, Højlund and Mainoo. He should be because he is very talented. One of very few who I'd be disappointed and annoyed about should he be sold.
He might be very talented but it looks like he isnt Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund talented. Or atleast he has not shown that he is. Diallo did well in the Championship but Mainoo plays for England and is a Manchester United starter at a very young age. Overall Garnacho has been the best wide player for Manchester United this season. Hojlund did well in the Serie A. So far i dont see that Diallo deserves to be in a list with those three talents.

Would be nice if he does get more chances to show his talent.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He might be very talented but it looks like he isnt Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund talented. Or atleast he has not shown that he is. Diallo did well in the Championship but Mainoo plays for England and is a Manchester United starter at a very young age. Overall Garnacho has been the best wide player for Manchester United this season. Hojlund did well in the Serie A. So far i dont see that Diallo deserves to be in a list with those three talents.

I’d say he’s potentially got more talent than all 3 of those players, I think he could be a genuine worldie. Not really his fault he hasn’t been given a run of games to prove himself.

Ace of Spades

Will be a mistake if we sell him. I know we have made stupid decisions like this before, but hope INEOS can see that there is some really good talent there that can be of use to us.

We get barely any value when we sell these players and the spend that little money we get badly on expensive shit players who then basically become a burden for us as we can't even get rid of them without suffering a big losses.

Also, in general I would not be quick to get rid of the young players if possible.

Remember the geese

I would disagree with that. He hasn't been given the opportunities that the other three have. He's definitely in their bracket of talent though and is being wrongly viewed like he's just some plucky young up start who has no business being here.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

He is more talented than Hojland.
He is a seriously promising player and needs to be given a chance.

lex talionis

Now that we’re in dead rubber land, why not give Amad a proper run of two matches? A shame we’ve treated this young and promising player so badly, but this is how United are run these days.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's got to be more creative and a goal threat. He's very tidy, wants the ball all the time and keeps possession. It doesn't go much further than there though.

Cool, but on that logic Scott should start every game and I know you don't think that!

Same, but I think he should. Potentially right, but will Ten Hag be proven wrong? I think that's very much up for debate.
In regards to your first point, I'd agree if he was failing to produce after having a run in the team. However, because we've only really chucked him on during games where we've been a mess, I'm more lenient. He's not an individualistic player if you know what I mean. He isn't someone who will singlehandedly produce big moments every game. He's a team player who relies on link up play, and, because he's not had the time needed to properly gel with the rest of the first team, it impacts his overall game.

I've said before that I kept up with his Sunderland loan. He was great, but started off rocky as he was still trying to gel with everyone. Once he had a run in the team, and got familiar with his teammates (especially Patrick Roberts), he kicked on. That's what I think he needed here this season. An odd cameo every now and then does him no good.

Ha, I may surprise you but I think I would start McTominay at this point! For two reasons. First being, if he were to start, we'd be keeping Mainoo as our deeper CM (when some of our CBs return), and second being I just think our other options (Casemiro and Eriksen) are horrendous. It's him or Amrabat at this point! (Not really as ten Hag won't drop certain players but I digress!)

As for your last point, I completely agree. Despite being a fan and defending his performances, I don't rate him as highly as you see others do. I don't think he's a world class talent who we would regret letting go of like a Pogba or Rossi (even though we were stacked in attack at the time of Rossi's departure). I do however think he's still a good talent who could not only be a good squad member for seasons to come, but could have contributed something as a starter this season already had the manager trusted him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In regards to your first point, I'd agree if he was failing to produce after having a run in the team. However, because we've only really chucked him on during games where we've been a mess, I'm more lenient. He's not an individualistic player if you know what I mean. He isn't someone who will singlehandedly produce big moments every game. He's a team player who relies on link up play, and, because he's not had the time needed to properly gel with the rest of the first team, it impacts his overall game.

I've said before that I kept up with his Sunderland loan. He was great, but started off rocky as he was still trying to gel with everyone. Once he had a run in the team, and got familiar with his teammates (especially Patrick Roberts), he kicked on. That's what I think he needed here this season. An odd cameo every now and then does him no good.

Ha, I may surprise you but I think I would start McTominay at this point! For two reasons. First being, if he were to start, we'd be keeping Mainoo as our deeper CM (when some of our CBs return), and second being I just think our other options (Casemiro and Eriksen) are horrendous. It's him or Amrabat at this point! (Not really as ten Hag won't drop certain players but I digress!)

As for your last point, I completely agree. Despite being a fan and defending his performances, I don't rate him as highly as you see others do. I don't think he's a world class talent who we would regret letting go of like a Pogba or Rossi (even though we were stacked in attack at the time of Rossi's departure). I do however think he's still a good talent who could not only be a good squad member for seasons to come, but could have contributed something as a starter this season already had the manager trusted him.
Sorry, I had something written out but never sent.

Anyway, he gets his chance today :D .

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Of all the games.. he needs to be in a possession team, and we'll have none of it today.

izec

Poor guy, gets a start in one of our most difficult games and a B Team. ETH did so previously as well. He hates him and saves Anthony the embarrassment

luke511

His first start under Ten Hag is vs Arsenal :lol: buzzing for him but it's reminiscent of starting Pellistri after a long hiatus vs Bayern Munich. Best of luck to him!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Impress against Arsenal and you'd think he'll be a mainstay till the seasons end.

Litch

I think this might be a defining moment of his career here....

Of all the games.. he needs to be in a possession team, and we'll have none of it today.
bloody hell man, let’s just be happy he’s getting a start.
If we’re gonna be demanding things like being in a possession team he is at the wrong club & should probably never start a game.
Was also superb against Liverpool when we had none of the ball.

Needs to show something today. Hasn't done much in the minutes he's got so far despite the talent and this is the sort of game where young players announce themselves.

Red Rash

Explaining why he is worthy of an opportunity, Ten Hag added: "He has the X-Factor. Over the last few months, he has given so much energy in training, given quality in training and has made good progression. He deserves a chance."

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sorry, I had something written out but never sent.

Anyway, he gets his chance today :D .
No worries! Done the same thing myself a few times :D

As for Amad, exciting! What a game to get your first start, though...