View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was good today and only reinforced my belief that his lack of playing time is driven by some disciplinary issues we are not privy to, as on purely ability level there’s no way he should be so far behind all of our other options.

If ETH stays (which I still believe will happen) he needs a loan to a team he will play for, he’s probably ready to play in PL and any other top league at least as a proper squad option.

clarkydaz

He had a positive first half. Really neat and tidy. Technically levels above what we are used to if we are being honest.

I felt for him though as It's detrimental to any winger/forward having Wan Bissaka as your overlapping player as you always know he's going to do nothing with the ball then cut back.
i was startled how tidy his feet are, him and Mainoo put the rest to shame. how the hell has he not had more minutes

Hoof the ball

Ten Hag: "Sorry you had to come off Amad. You're not ok, are you?"
Amad: "Oh, it's knee to knee. I was a little concerned but I should be fine, honestly."
Ten Hag: "Hmph....Well, I'm going to get the opinion of the club doctor on that if you don't mind."

Ten Hag enters physio room

Ten Hag: "How did it look with Amad? Pretty bad, eh?"
Head Physio: "Actually, not at all. Just precautionary. Think he'll be fine tomorrow."
Ten Hag: "What the feck do you know, heh. I'll get a second opinion from one of the other physios if you don't mind."

Oranges038

He had a good game, tidy and composed on the ball, better than Antony that's for sure.

macheda14

Ten Hag: "Sorry you had to come off Amad. You're not ok, are you?"
Amad: "Oh, it's knee to knee. I was a little concerned but I should be fine, honestly."
Ten Hag: "Hmph....Well, I'm going to get the opinion of the club doctor on that if you don't mind."

Ten Hag enters physio room

Ten Hag: "How did it look with Amad? Pretty bad, eh?"
Head Physio: "Actually, not at all. Just precautionary. Think he'll be fine tomorrow."
Ten Hag: "What the feck do you know, heh. I'll get a second opinion from one of the other physios if you don't mind."
Great fan fiction, when do they shag?

Yagami

Good post resistant
So annoying. So much wasted time in his career — the Rangers move, the annoyingly timed injuries, the shutout from January onward… the only time of uninterrupted football he’s had is a great season at Sunderland.
Yeah, and I thought it was going to be the same ol' story with him going off, but, thankfully, he seems fine! Let's see him start the next game now.

This has been a horrendous season but, for me, I think Amad's lack of playing time has been the most frustrating thing. For so long, all we heard was the trio in Mainoo, Garnacho and Holjund, but so many us were saying Amad could be doing what they were this season if afforded the same trust.

Amad would have had poor games had he been given a run (just like the aforementioned trio), but, again, like the aforementioned trio, the trick is to not bin them off after a poor showing. Let them build some rhythm. Of course, if we had some top players in their positions, a run wouldn't be as needed, but we don't, so let's try and build the talents we do have that could potentially contribute here long term.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Tidy on the Ball with good decision making wished he passed the ball quicker in the second half.

Sancho didnt deserve many starts, and shouldnt have called out ETH on social media, but he was pretty spot on about ETH having favourites. Hipe ETH leaves with Antony his favourite.

lsd

The Oracle
He was good today and only reinforced my belief that his lack of playing time is driven by some disciplinary issues we are not privy to, as on purely ability level there’s no way he should be so far behind all of our other options.

If ETH stays (which I still believe will happen) he needs a loan to a team he will play for, he’s probably ready to play in PL and any other top league at least as a proper squad option.
Yes discipline issues are the reasons Antony constantly starts over him :rolleyes:

Nothing at all to do with the manager having his favourites and being totally unable to recognise real talent under his own nose

AndyMUFC

Loved how direct and positive he was in that first half, and for a young player he's going to be quite hard to knock off the ball because he's got really good ball retention.

Better play more often now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yes discipline issues are the reasons Antony constantly starts over him :rolleyes:

Nothing at all to do with the manager having his favourites and being totally unable to recognise real talent under his own nose
But he’s been OK with benching Antony, just not to play Diallo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Or maybe ETH has simply lost his mind this season. Reading all his recent ITWs, I really think he blew a fuse

Red00012

He was as productive as Antony has been (yes I know , Amad got feck all minutes ) It’s fine been tidy on the ball but he didn’t really do much. If we paid 40 million for both him and Antony I don’t think Antony gets half the abuse he’s received. That said , Amad deserved far more minutes than he got this season.

The Purley King

Our best player today.
Close control is outstanding and with some better movement around him he’d be great. You can see his always looking for things to happen.
Must start the next game surely……,, I can’t take any more of Antony

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Our best player today.
Close control is outstanding and with some better movement around him he’d be great. You can see his always looking for things to happen.
Must start the next game surely……,, I can’t take any more of Antony
Thats where he will struggle is there isn't any movement ahead of him. He was like that initially at Sunderland. But once he found his one-two combinations it started building up.

Yakuza_devils

Finally, we have a player who is "press resistant" and so silky on the ball. Play him more he will make the RW spot his own. Garnacho and him will be the future. He is a big talent.

Yakuza_devils

£84million is why. You can't not play your 4th most expensive signing.
At least finally ETH admit his mistake that Amad is better than his 84M signing, after 2 years. Antony was rightly benched.

To this day I think Ajax still can't believe that Man Utd offered 84M for a 20M average winger.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
At least finally ETH admit his mistake that Amad is better than his 84M signing, after 2 years. Antony was rightly benched.

To this day I think Ajax still can't believe that Man Utd offered 84M for a 20M average winger.
VDS must have laughed so hard that it gave him the aneurysm!

TBF well our scouts valued him at £20m.

ETH just felt that his golden boy was indispensable.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Good little player isn't he? Doesn't have the Rashy or even Garnacho long speed but has the technique and quickness to become a Saka kind of threat.
I would force Garnacho and Rashford to fight it out for the left wing position and have Amad and one of the other options on the right. If we can sell Sancho and Greenwood then bring in an Olise.

gajender

Well our scouts valued him at £20m TBF. ETH just felt that his golden boy was indispensable.
Sometimes I just wonder how things would have panned out had we shown more trust in Our own scouts rather than just letting Managers dictate things more or less .

Last edited:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
He showed why he should be our first choice RW, so assured in possession and also works very hard off the possession. Wins the ball back and presses.well.

Whenever he had ball, he played some good passes or ran at defender with some impressive dribbling skills.

If EtH starts Antony ahead of Amad, he should be sacked before half time.

Yakuza_devils

The major concern with him is (probably due to his size) how to stay fit and injury free in PL where it's known for its physicality.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Bingo

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not great but we at least saw a little bit of his abilities.
But the lack of synergy with the players around him is almost making me depressed.
Last season he connected so well with Patrick Roberts, they had so much fun together on the right side. His teammates now are just standing there watching him instead of moving. AWB has his moments but overall, he looks like Goofy next to a talented fecker like Amad. Yikes
I'm not worried. Today he had to "connect" with Wan Bissaka, Mctominay and Hojlund. Next season the situation will be completely different. I hope.

I've heard he's been fit since December, not sure if that's true but imagine how shit he must've been in training that Antony was playing over him. bite

mikeyt

Thought he was outstanding in the first half and put the fear up the Arse defence. Felt like we had an actual attacking intent when he got on the ball. If we needed any other reason to get shot of Antony permanently, that was it. Amad has a real future here if he can stay fit, Antony doesn't.

OmarUnited4ever

I liked how he played, he really needs game time to hone his ability and get a game rhythm going, his natural ability on the ball is there for all to see, and I am confident with enough game time he will lock down the RW spot as his own.