Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's unbelievable that this is his first start since that Liverpool game.

He's a million times better then Antony.

Sylar

Hope he's not too hurt or is done for the season. He was very bright and defo has deserved more minutes and time. Hopefully features in the fa cup final

Yagami

Good post resistant
So many months wasted. If he's now out with an injury then, well, it's typical of this season.

lost7

He has the opposite problem that Garnacho has, which is that he's not direct enough. Sometimes it's ok to take on your man and just shoot...

Either way, lovely first half. Felt like we kept the ball so well in large parts thanks to him holding it excellently and then recycling it. Should start all the last few games to give him a chance to stamp himself in the game more

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He did well. Always feel like something is going to happen when he is on the ball. The final ball wasn't there but did enough to start ahead of Antony for the rest of the season. The final ball will come too as he plays more. Looks the most unselfish of all our attackers.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

I thought ten Hag was setting him up to fail giving him to start against Arsenal but he was probably our MotM. Hopefully injury is not serious.

Sancho99

He had a positive first half. Really neat and tidy. Technically levels above what we are used to if we are being honest.

I felt for him though as It's detrimental to any winger/forward having Wan Bissaka as your overlapping player as you always know he's going to do nothing with the ball then cut back.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It will be a shame if he misses the Newcastle game. Not only because I enjoy watching him play and think he's currently our best option on the right, but I also think he grew to love Sunderland during his time there so he would be extra up for it.

Geistman

Thought it to be almost unfair to give him his first start against Arsenal when our team is at its lowest ebb but he was a real bright spark. Brought actual danger to his side of the pitch which is nice to see. Hopefully he gets Antony's minutes for the remainder of the season. Doesn't deserve to be sitting on the bench for that waster.

klayton88

He's got some attitude on him though, coming here thinking he can play football. We'll soon knock that out of him. Baller... For now.

Malone_Post

Really enjoyable to watch, especially in the first half. He just oozes class. His ball control and manipulation is top tier. It’s hard not to be angry seeing what he’s capable of in his first start of the season, against the team top of the league, while we’ve had to spend the last two years watching Antony stink out the place week after week.

Based Adnan

He did try his best to sabotage him playing AWB behind him.
And giving him his first start of the season vs one of the best teams in the league after only getting cameos vs the lesser sides. He was set up to fail and did well anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reasonable performance.
Ridiculous that he's had such little game time with how shocking our wide players' general output has been this year.

It'd be a very difficult argument for anyone to claim Antony is better than him.

lost7

If he's injured and can't start against Newcastle, damn this dude is unlucky

Glorio

So much better than Antony, he seemed a lot less decisive in the second half though. Wasn't forcing the issue like he was in the first half

Ekeke

He's clearly one of our best technical players keeping the ball, running with it and passing it around nicely. I would like to see a little bit more urgency and directness like Garnacho has. He scored lots of goals from outside the box last season for example, I'd like him to have a couple of efforts per game

Wild how underplayed he's been. His touch, close control, decision making and weight of pass all just ooze instant quality.

You'd love to know why he's had so few minutes. Usually with young players it's because they're lacking tactically, physically or with their off-ball effort. None of those for him. He's tactically switched on, makes good choices, strong for his size with decent acceleration and he's even a good presser and passable defender. It's a mystery.

Rojofiam

He's way better than Antony, but not someone who can take on defenders in a 1v1 due to his lack of explosiveness. Still, he's a decent passer, great in tight spaces, good at keeping the ball and a good link-up player.

I'm expecting him to be sold or be a bench option for us if we sign Olise in the summer.

Borussia Teeth

Would like to see him, Dalot and Mainoo on the same side linking up. I think we could play some good stuff.

Gordon S

Not great but we at least saw a little bit of his abilities.
But the lack of synergy with the players around him is almost making me depressed.
Last season he connected so well with Patrick Roberts, they had so much fun together on the right side. His teammates now are just standing there watching him instead of moving. AWB has his moments but overall, he looks like Goofy next to a talented fecker like Amad. Yikes

TheGame

He's way better than Antony, but not someone who can take on defenders in a 1v1 due to his lack of explosiveness. Still, he's a decent passer, great in tight spaces, good at keeping the ball and a good link-up player.

I'm expecting him to be sold or be a bench option for us if we sign Olise in the summer.
He has really good feet and can beat a player that way though. He’s also good when he comes inside and has great technical ability. Hope he gets to play more this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Decent performance, but he's made of biscuits isn't he? Seemed fairly innocuous when he stayed down for a while after the pen shout.

Abraxas

Technically he is extremely good. His touch and the way the ball sticks to his feet is really impressive.

Is he direct enough, is he going to get in the box as a wide player and score plenty at this level? I'm not sure but I definitely prefer him to Antony.

TempusFugit

If Ten Hag had just given him more game time instead of persisting with what is clearly a bang average player in Antony, maybe we'd have seen more of what Amad can do. He can become a very good players for us, hopefully his injury is a minor one and he's back for the next game.

Amad is silky on the ball, surprisingly strong for his size and seems to think quite quickly on the pitch as well. Tries and hits passes that Antony could never pull off, he's just a much better footballer. I'd love to meet Ten Hag and ask him why he's been playing Antony so much. Can't be because he's better than Amad. Absolutely not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So many months wasted. If he's now out with an injury then, well, it's typical of this season.
So annoying. So much wasted time in his career — the Rangers move, the annoyingly timed injuries, the shutout from January onward… the only time of uninterrupted football he’s had is a great season at Sunderland.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So annoying. So much wasted time in his career — the Rangers move, the annoyingly timed injuries, the shutout from January onward… the only time of uninterrupted football he’s had is a great season at Sunderland.
We're really shocking at developing players, if we can't immediately drop them into the first team then we have no idea what to do with them.

Rojofiam

He has really good feet and can beat a player that way though. He’s also good when he comes inside and has great technical ability. Hope he gets to play more this season.
I think he should've played way more this season after recovering from injury. Has been a wasted campaign for him, to be honest.

If we do sign Olise or another right sided player, though, which I'm pretty certain we will do, I'm not sure how much game time he'll get. Could be a good bench option and still get way more minutes than he has this season, though. And then we could take another look at his future in 2025, and decide to sell or keep. Wouldn't mind that.

mu4c_20le

We have our own Silva but keeps warming the bench because he presumably doesn't play the way the manager wants

Sylar

Good news if amad isn't injured confirmed by his post on X.

Edit: as per post above

TheGame

I think he should've played way more this season after recovering from injury. Has been a wasted campaign for him, to be honest.

If we do sign Olise or another right sided player, though, which I'm pretty certain we will do, I'm not sure how much game time he'll get. Could be a good bench option and still get way more minutes than he has this season, though. And then we could take another look at his future in 2025, and decide to sell or keep. Wouldn't mind that.
He played a lot of games in the 10 role at Sunderland so can play there if Bruno was ever rotated. Hopefully we keep him next season.