5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There was always the old joke about saying young players need to bulk up but it can’t be understated how true that is for Amad.

I really don’t think he’ll be a serious option until he fills out a bit and adds a bit more edge to his game. Seriously he looks like a boy out there. His skills and technique have never been in question, he always looks like he’s one of the most talented players. He’s not quite Angel Gomes level small but even he seemed to have a bit more presence physically than Amad.

Look at the young players playing at big clubs in attacking positions they will usually have the talent and skill but they need either the pace or physical tools to deal the intensity of the league. Amad lacks this and it will be hard to trust him with starts so he needs to work exceptionally hard this summer to have a stronger frame.
He spent a season in the championship. I dont remember he being bullied off the park then. He is deceptively strong. Besides with his low centre of gravity, he can evade players easily.

criticalanalysis

You might call it a narrative but it’s been a problem everywhere for him except Sunderland where he was just obviously too good for the championship.

At Rangers, under Ole and then Ten Hag, posters including me have been screaming for him to get more minutes and he’s been treated like a reject. If we can all agree that he clearly has the on ball skills and he also works hard for the team, why is it that he seems to not be favoured.

I mean as far back as pre-season ETH gave Forson starts ahead of him and the same in the league game a few months back. Antony has been allowed to serve up shite for months and even Garnacho’s poor periods has never seen him dropped for Amad to have a try.

I’m willing to hear reasons why you think he’s never been given a fair crack if we can all agree he’s better or more talented than players that have had minutes ahead of him. To me it’s a physicality thing.
As mentioned already it's likely because ETH and Ole have not cared about holding onto possession and controlling games through passing. ETH has literally said about wanting us to to be the best transition team, says we can't play like Ajax and has regularly rebuked criticism like our poor possession percentages and shots conceded. His tactics and team selection is all about 'big hitters' e.g take-ons, hard running, physical presence, duels, pressing high etc. It's not conducive to play more possession, pass and move football the likes of Amad, Hojlund and Mainoo can excel in or most of the team for that matter.

I don't think there's a single reason as why Amad hasn't been getting minutes. I just think ETH's general incompetence, stubbornness with regards to tactics, giving players an extremely wide berth to find form etc and all his general inconsistencies like his preference for seniority on top of our injuries means something has gone amiss.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gives me really strong Bernardo Silva vibes. In a tough position for next season though. He needs serious minutes to develop. If we don't qualify for Europe, he won't get those minutes. He'll be the 4th choice winger if we sign Olise (which I don't disagree with signing). 4th choice winger when you are in European competitions and playing 60 matches a season is fine. 4th choice when you take away those 10-15 games isn't enough. So if we do sign Olise, then Amad needs one last loan so we keep him happy before he becomes a real part of the squad in 25/26. Otherwise, just don't sign Olise or Nico Williams and have Amad, Garnacho, Rashford and Antony be our group of 4 wingers for next season and have Antony be the 4th choice, and just focus the spending elsewhere.

Crashoutcassius

Goal and assist on his 2nd PL start after basically not getting a look in all season? Yeah man it was a pretty fecking good performance. Also the "team" performance wasn't even very good, Amad/Bruno/Mainoo were basically the reason it looked more cohesive than normal anyways so not giving him credit for that is strange.

He's gotten essentially 0 meaningful minutes outside of ET in the FA cup and these last two starts so saying "he has to do more" is just strange to me. It's not like we gave him month or two of consistent playing time where he was failing to deliver anything.
I'm not saying that he should have done more. Just saying it wasn't a world class performance that is being described.

Ibi Dreams

Nobody said it was world class, just that he's clearly a good player who should have had more game time based on his obvious quality

El Jefe

As mentioned already it's likely because ETH and Ole have not cared about holding onto possession and controlling games through passing. ETH has literally said about wanting us to to be the best transition team, says we can't play like Ajax and has regularly rebuked criticism like our poor possession percentages and shots conceded. His tactics and team selection is all about 'big hitters' e.g take-ons, hard running, physical presence, duels, pressing high etc. It's not conducive to play more possession, pass and move football the likes of Amad, Hojlund and Mainoo can excel in or most of the team for that matter.

I don't think there's a single reason as why Amad hasn't been getting minutes. I just think ETH's general incompetence, stubbornness with regards to tactics, giving players an extremely wide berth to find form etc and all his general inconsistencies like his preference for seniority on top of our injuries means something has gone amiss.
I think these are fair points. There’s a lot of bad to be said of Sancho but I think he was onto something with ETH in his allocation of wing minutes and the tolerance level he had for certain players.

A manager more focused on ball possession definitely would have given him more opportunities considering how average our wingers are.

luke511

Gives me really strong Bernardo Silva vibes. In a tough position for next season though. He needs serious minutes to develop. If we don't qualify for Europe, he won't get those minutes. He'll be the 4th choice winger if we sign Olise (which I don't disagree with signing). 4th choice winger when you are in European competitions and playing 60 matches a season is fine. 4th choice when you take away those 10-15 games isn't enough. So if we do sign Olise, then Amad needs one last loan so we keep him happy before he becomes a real part of the squad in 25/26. Otherwise, just don't sign Olise or Nico Williams and have Amad, Garnacho, Rashford and Antony be our group of 4 wingers for next season and have Antony be the 4th choice, and just focus the spending elsewhere.
Amad has a year left on his contract, signing Olise and sending him out on loan would be a dumb way of trying to convince him to stay.

FerociousCorgis

Nah disagree, he just had a huge performance keep letting him get his rhythm in the prem. It’s not like he’s been playing constantly and needs a rest
he has taken knocks in pretty much every game it seems this last stretch, one of which really affected him to the point in which he couldnt do anything in the second half and looked a very different player. He just played midweek, so not like it will have been weeks since he has played. Everyone was rooting for no europe next week so they could have a week between games, so a whopping 10 days between games wont kill his form.

reelworld

You might call it a narrative but it’s been a problem everywhere for him except Sunderland where he was just obviously too good for the championship.

At Rangers, under Ole and then Ten Hag, posters including me have been screaming for him to get more minutes and he’s been treated like a reject. If we can all agree that he clearly has the on ball skills and he also works hard for the team, why is it that he seems to not be favoured.

I mean as far back as pre-season ETH gave Forson starts ahead of him and the same in the league game a few months back. Antony has been allowed to serve up shite for months and even Garnacho’s poor periods has never seen him dropped for Amad to have a try.

I’m willing to hear reasons why you think he’s never been given a fair crack if we can all agree he’s better or more talented than players that have had minutes ahead of him. To me it’s a physicality thing.
Amad lack physicality was probably correct in his first season, but I thought he's built up nicely for his frame, and now strong enough to hold off challenge

Gordon S

Amad is on the smaller side but he has an great ability to anticipate challenges and just ride them, with great balance.
Rarely loses balance and control when tackle.
And he also uses his balance really well when trying to win the ball back. It looks clean most of the times. Important to not give away freekicks all the time.

JE-365

One of the main reasons why ten hag hasn’t give enough minutes to Amad because he still lacks the physicality and match fitness. And that’s because he’s been injured for half season, which stalled his physical development and fitness to play high intensity game.

Even against arsenal, he couldn’t finish the match full 90 minutes, which shows that he still need some works to do to improve his physique and fitness, which takes step by step. Ten hag is slowly doing step by step to integrate him to starting XI and now he’s rewarding Amad the starting XI chance. I’m sure he likes and rates Amad in term of technical attribute and tactical awareness. Amad has the style of play that suit to the way how ten hag plays at Ajax.

Gordon S

One of the main reasons why ten hag hasn’t give enough minutes to Amad because he still lacks the physicality and match fitness. And that’s because he’s been injured for half season, which stalled his physical development and fitness to play high intensity game.

Even against arsenal, he couldn’t finish the match full 90 minutes, which shows that he still need some works to do to improve his physique and fitness, which takes step by step. Ten hag is slowly doing step by step to integrate him to starting XI and now he’s rewarding Amad the starting XI chance. I’m sure he likes and rates Amad in term of technical attribute and tactical awareness. Amad has the style of play that suit to the way how ten hag plays at Ajax.
He took a knock to the knee in the first half against Arsenal, that pain he felt from the knock was what caused him to be subbed in the second half. When you are saying ”stalled his physical development” it kind of sounds like you are talking about some teenager here? He turns 22 in the summer. He is half a year older than Höjlund for example. He is not getting bigger than this. And that is fine.
I know that a lot of posters on here are very concerned about some players frame, but it does not define a players abilty to win duels out there. It is about balance and anticipation. And he played loads of games last season at Sunderland at a pace not far off what we are seeing in the prem. Physically he is fine.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Or you can just say he’s proven himself to be able to handle it physically as long as he’s been given a proper crack at it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was quiet but also probably our best player at keeping the ball. I would start him in the final myself, but he's not a bad option to have off the bench either.

Red Rash

True but Rashy is the man against city and Garnacho always starts
The problem is Rashford contributes nothing defensively and I think City would massively exploit that. It wouldn't fully surprise me if ETH starts Rashford but I don't think he should based on form.

Red00012

Rashford on the left
Garnacho on the right
Amad to get 6 mins next Saturday (90+6)

Rafa20

Was quiet but also probably our best player at keeping the ball. I would start him in the final myself, but he's not a bad option to have off the bench either.
We need him for the final, unlike previous games he enables us to keep the ball. we can cause the problem by holding the ball and attack city on transition.

lost7

We need him for the final, unlike previous games he enables us to keep the ball. we can cause the problem by holding the ball and attack city on transition.
I disagree, think we'll barely hold the ball against City so our best chance is to hit them on the counter which means Rashford and Garnacho to start

OverratedOpinion

I do agree with this, I've made it known that I'm not convinced but his main talent which is holding onto the ball in tight spaces is important against City.

The majority of city's defence is front foot and if you can regularly keep the ball in their half and find spaces they can get a bit ragged pretty quickly.

Nep77

Mainoo and Amad on right side of attack will grow if they are give more game time together. Not as good as last game but still kept the ball well and technically he is always good.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I disagree, think we'll barely hold the ball against City so our best chance is to hit them on the counter which means Rashford and Garnacho to start
Just hitting long balls constantly isn’t the only way to counter (it’s actually the shittiest way to do so)

I think he has to start. Garnacho and Rashford have both been poor lately and Hojlund at this point has made his case to start. I’d sit Garnacho and let him be the super sub for either Rashford/Amad

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Against City our best hope is a repeat of the Dalot goal today, Brighton had the freedom of our right hand side, Amad has to take some responsibility for that although most of it is on AWB, if City get that space it won't matter if Amad can keep the ball up the pitch, we'll be 5-0 down by then!

OverratedOpinion

Well we need to do both.

We need to find ways to beat their press and allow us to counter them enough times that we stand a chance. Not many of our players excel at doing that, Amad does TBF as does Mainoo.

If we can't beat their press then we might only get 1 of 2 moments to run at them.

JediSith

Whether at United or elsewhere, I think he will end up becoming one of the best in his position in seasons to come.

Gordon S

We always look terrible against Brighton, today no exception. All of our players look lost against their type of play. Amad struggled as well.
But i think he was still one of our best players. Some nice one touch passing at times, really good at protecting the ball and letting us establish possession in their half on a couple of moments.
The synergy is still way off. You can see him looking for movement into space, but it is not coming at the right time so he gets stuck in two minds a fair bit. Bruno and Kobbie are on the same wavelength more often than not, but we are a woefully disjointed team apart from that.

Red Rash

Whether at United or elsewhere, I think he will end up becoming one of the best in his position in seasons to come.
I'm assuming the fact he has started the last 3 games means we have no intention of selling him. I think he deserves to at least be one of the wing options and get a decent number of minutes.

Another positive of keeping Amad is that he has also played false 9 and 10 which provides us with some options.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just hitting long balls constantly isn’t the only way to counter (it’s actually the shittiest way to do so)

I think he has to start. Garnacho and Rashford have both been poor lately and Hojlund at this point has made his case to start. I’d sit Garnacho and let him be the super sub for either Rashford/Amad
There is 0 chance Garnacho sits, and for good reason.

Rashford is also our most proven attacker by a distance, and shows up in big games. It really should be Rashford and Garnacho starting and hitting them on the break as he said. Amad to be a sub is good.

Mingus

He needs technical, intricate players to play alongside him. McTominay and AWB are not really going to be on his wavelength at this stage.

Maybe, when Ten Hag had said previously that he had spoken to Amad regarding a plan for his progression, perhaps this is why he was mostly being held back until next season.

We need more players like Mainoo and Bruno to bring out the best of his skillset.