View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Bertie Wooster

It's been a frustrating season so far as regards Amad, but hopefully this is the moment when it clicks into gear.

Whether he was going to be loaned out (similar to the Feyenoord situation a couple of years ago), or start the season getting some chances - the lengthy injury was a real blow and at an unfortunate time after his good loan at Sunderland.

Then, when he was finally back, I imagine the Forson contract issue played some part in him getting a few chances that probably should have gone to Amad based on ability and potential.

Whatever ETH's reasons, and however Amad responded to them (in training? Social media deletes?) let's hope this match winning moment draws a line in the sand and he gets some decent opportunities over the last couple of months to show whether or not he can establish himself as a meaningful contributor to our first team squad.

The Hilton

Lack of effort to retrieve it? You're creative, I'll give you that.
The boy overcompensated trying to redeem an error
The winning goal that Forest scored against us? Can you explain how you came to that conclusion? The highlights are below, you can see that at 1:51 he plays the poor pass, waves his arms in the air, and then never makes it back on camera as it tracks the Forest attack and goal.

Mingus

The winning goal that Forest scored against us? Can you explain how you came to that conclusion? The highlights are below, you can see that at 1:51 he plays the poor pass, waves his arms in the air, and then never makes it back on camera as it tracks the Forest attack and goal.

Seems to me that the ball was a good one, it's just that Bruno decided to dummy, thinking that Eriksen was behind.

Grande

It's been a frustrating season so far as regards Amad, but hopefully this is the moment when it clicks into gear.

Whether he was going to be loaned out (similar to the Feyenoord situation a couple of years ago), or start the season getting some chances - the lengthy injury was a real blow and at an unfortunate time after his good loan at Sunderland.

Then, when he was finally back, I imagine the Forson contract issue played some part in him getting a few chances that probably should have gone to Amad based on ability and potential.

Whatever ETH's reasons, and however Amad responded to them (in training? Social media deletes?) let's hope this match winning moment draws a line in the sand and he gets some decent opportunities over the last couple of months to show whether or not he can establish himself as a meaningful contributor to our first team squad.
I think it has been mostly about Amad’s readiness healthwize, physically, mentally and tactically, tbh, he has been tightly monitored and has needed it too at Atalanta, Rangers and Sunderland. My hope is that Sunday was his Garnacho-vs-Real-Sociedad or Kobbie-vs-Arsenal-preseason-moment. The moment that shows that he is ready.

The Hilton

Seems to me that the ball was a good one, it's just that Bruno decided to dummy, thinking that Eriksen was behind.
Bruno went for the ball, but it was too far away from him and too close to the defender who got a touch on it first.

Even if you were right though, throwing his arms up in the air and standing around isn't an acceptable reaction in that situation. He's cut that out in his recent performances, but it's expected for players to be dropped for key moments like that, it makes the expectations clear.

Glorio

Touché - I had mistaken this game for another where Amad got in the way of the fullback because he was too eager to help out. Here the boy isn't even in the picture, so I don't even see the throwing of hands, he literally just ignored their attack! :lol:

To be fair, this does happen many times in a game with forward players and it's not like we got punished from that side (we could have easily been). He's typically a hard worker and is deceptively quick in the press but hasn't covered himself with glory here

criticalanalysis

Came in to read about Amad, now leaving the thread questioning if I've called the different light footwear I wear in the house, at the beach and with shorts on wrong all my life :(

Last edited:

Borninthe80ts

The goal that he scored is what I’ve been waiting for all season from him. When the manager talks about transition I believe this is what he means. With both him and Garnacho we had break away directness that for my mind we have lacked as a team for a while. Even with Rashford a player I rate, beating the last man can be difficult and I believe Amad can be effective in this role.

I think his loan helped with the physical aspects of the game like pressing and putting in maximum effort in defence and attack.

I’m now waiting for the link up play and dribbling ability that he also possesses to help us unlock stubborn defences. He could be a bit of a super sub to run at tired legs and rotate if we need later on in the season.

Born2Lose

Brilliantly taken goal, but the signs of talent were there at Sunderland. How ten Hag has mismanaged the guy so much is beyond me.

If Forson wasn't injured, no doubt Amad would have been sat on the bench at 120 minutes.

The Hilton

Touché - I had mistaken this game for another where Amad got in the way of the fullback because he was too eager to help out. Here the boy isn't even in the picture, so I don't even see the throwing of hands, he literally just ignored their attack! :lol:

To be fair, this does happen many times in a game with forward players and it's not like we got punished from that side (we could have easily been). He's typically a hard worker and is deceptively quick in the press but hasn't covered himself with glory here
He's been much better in his more recent performances no doubt, I've mentioned a few times in this thread that he hasn't let that happen again and it bodes really well for him getting more minutes for the rest of the season.

We've seen a similar transformation with Garnacho under ETH, and he's now nailed down a starting position. Hopefully now Amad gets the increased role that his recent cameos deserve.

Mingus

Brilliantly taken goal, but the signs of talent were there at Sunderland. How ten Hag has mismanaged the guy so much is beyond me.

If Forson wasn't injured, no doubt Amad would have been sat on the bench at 120 minutes.
I believe that you'll find that Forson was on the the bench also and EtH chose Amad instead, as the greater goal threat.

The only reason Forson has been played ahead of him previously, is that EtH rates Forson enough to want him to sign a new contract and was keen to prove that to him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very curious to see what happens with him next. I still reckon he will be gone in the Summer but a goal like that could change ETH's perception of him.

Red Rash

Very curious to see what happens with him next. I still reckon he will be gone in the Summer but a goal like that could change ETH's perception of him.
Wasn't this related to him taking down his IG which he has since said was due to Ramadan? Personally hope he stays as I think his ceiling is similar to that of Garnacho and Mainoo. Plus our current wing options are limited for quality and form

mav_9me

Wasn't this related to him taking down his IG which he has since said was due to Ramadan? Personally hope he stays as I think his ceiling is similar to that of Garnacho and Mainoo. Plus our current wing options are limited for quality and form
I think so too. Hopefully he proves us right

Sea-Cow

I'm sure its been mentioned many times already, but (prior to the goal) my favorite moment of almost the entire game was when he chased down Darwin and picked his pocket. That had me off my seat, clapping like a maniac at the tv.

RuudTom83

Not sure there is a manager in world football who would throw a kid into a struggling team after missing close to 30 games of the season due to a knee injury.

In the last 5 games he has been a late sub in 3 of them. EtH is many things, but I can't see how his handling of Amad comes even close to mismanagement.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not sure there is a manager in world football who would throw a kid into a struggling team after missing close to 30 games of the season due to a knee injury.

In the last 5 games he has been a late sub in 3 of them. EtH is many things, but I can't see how his handling of Amad comes even close to mismanagement.
Let the hysterical fans continue. Even after last weekend some are still at it. Mad really. It’s either top class management and Amad is good enough and fit enough to be ready to contribute more now. Or else the manager is clueless and it was just a total fluke

sugar_kane

I was an Amad sceptic I admit but he was class against Liverpool.

I was more impressed with his ability to press and win the ball than anything, I’d just had him pegged as a flair player.

Grande

I was an Amad sceptic I admit but he was class against Liverpool.

I was more impressed with his ability to press and win the ball than anything, I’d just had him pegged as a flair player.
That’s a very good point, and if I’m guessing, what will have impressed the coaches the most, it’s the two breaks he created from being agressive, proactive and physically present, and which both lead to goals.

Raven

That’s a very good point, and if I’m guessing, what will have impressed the coaches the most, it’s the two breaks he created from being agressive, proactive and physically present, and which both lead to goals.
His movement after winning the ball back was excellent on both occasions as well.

Northstand

I'm sure its been mentioned many times already, but (prior to the goal) my favorite moment of almost the entire game was when he chased down Darwin and picked his pocket. That had me off my seat, clapping like a maniac at the tv.
Yeah, I was rewatching the game the other day, and what I hadn’t realised was that when United lost the ball, Amad was at the edge of Liverpool’s penalty area, and he needed to make up about twenty yards on Nunez. Very few players would have even tried to make that recovery run.

mav_9me

Has to be RW. Why? Do you see him playing more centrally?
So I see shades of Liverpool's Harvey Elliott, similar stature, technically great. He has played in CM Klopp at times. So I feel Amad can be an 8 in a tactically well drilled team. If not, then RW it is.

I feel Harvey Elliott has tremendous potential, but then I am biased towards technically excellent players.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

So I see shades of Liverpool's Harvey Elliott, similar stature, technically great. He has played in CM Klopp at times. So I feel Amad can be an 8 in a tactically well drilled team. If not, then RW it is.

I feel Harvey Elliott has tremendous potential, but then I am biased towards technically excellent players.
Well he certainly displayed the ball winning attributes you'd want from an 8 vs Liverpool. Part of me doubts whether he has the physicality to play in central midfield, although I may just be thinking that due to his size and build, as I haven't seen him get bullied off the ball too often to be fair.

With his quick feet and low centre of gravity - I'd rather see him play further forward as he can be a huge creative asset for us at RW (something we've been lacking from that position for years).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Amad could possibly develop into a no.8 in a midfield three — with the obvious proviso of it being in the right system, with the right manager under a side that favours playing a more measured, possession based style of football.

Otherwise, he’s a right winger drifting into central areas

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

The pass is a fine one running away from goal. Not a hopeless punt, he’s picked out his man. The ball goes across the box because Bruno decides to dummy it or not to challenge for it, however you’d want to describe what he did. Had he not dummied it/ bottled it it wouldn’t have ended up in a counter. Also same Bruno then waves his arms in the air and never reappears in the shot. The position the goal is scored from is the area of the pitch Bruno should have covered. But as someone else in the thread mentioned, this happens over and over again when chances are missed as humans are emotional beings rather than robots. The dummy was an issue….the couple of seconds of disappointment were normal.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The pass is a fine one running away from goal. Not a hopeless punt, he’s picked out his man. The ball goes across the box because Bruno decides to dummy it or not to challenge for it, however you’d want to describe what he did. Had he not dummied it/ bottled it it wouldn’t have ended up in a counter. Also same Bruno then his arms in the air and never reappears in the shot. The position the goal is scored from is the area of the pitch Bruno should have covered. But as someone else in the thread mentioned, this happens over and over again when chances are missed as humans are emotional beings rather than robots. The dummy was an issue….the couple of seconds of disappointment were normal.
:lol: you can't even contain your Bruno rage within the Bruno threads. The genuine hatred you exhibit towards one of your own players is irrational, borderline pathological and surpasses anything I've seen from a fan before. Even the way Souness consistently overly-criticised Pogba was less weird than this.

I give it a week before you're hopping onto the Kate Middleton thread and posting "you have to ask yourself, where was Bruno Fernandes in all of this?!"

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: you can't even contain your Bruno rage within the Bruno threads. The genuine hatred you exhibit towards one of your own players is irrational, borderline pathological and surpasses anything I've seen from a fan before. Even the way Souness consistently overly-criticised Pogba was less weird than this.

I give it a week before you're hopping onto the Kate Middleton thread and posting "you have to ask yourself, where was Bruno Fernandes in all of this?!"
Strange comment. I don’t remember anyone blaming Amad for the pass on match day? The majority were in agreement that Bruno shouldn’t have dummied it.

Like actual performances, they don’t change weeks and months later.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Strange comment. I don’t remember anyone blaming Amad for the pass on match day? The majority were in agreement that Bruno shouldn’t have dummied it.

Like actual performances, they don’t change weeks and months later.
I don't think either were to blame for the goal. Certainly not the player who tried a dummy on the edge of the opposition's box.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't think either were to blame for the goal. Certainly not the player who tried a dummy on the edge of the opposition's box.
You don’t see a problem with playing a blind dummy on the edge of the box when we had about six players in the box and ended up being countered leading to a winning goal in the last minutes of the game?