View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Lentwood

I know he did well at Sunderland but that is the league below. I’m just non-committal about whether he is going to be effective enough at a team that wants to win the PL.
Granted it was in a lower league but the Championship is far from easy for a young kid and it was the manner of his performances that really stood out for me.

Sure, it's a step-up but he has absolutely nothing to worry about technically, his technical level is as good as anybody in our team in my opinion.

It will be the physical side, mainly defensively/without the ball, that defines whether he's a "top" player or just a good one

Gordon S

Has to start today for me.

Other than that I want our full starting 11 on the pitch
Feel the same. Him, Kobbie and Garnacho are the 3 players in our squad that makes me a bit excited now. A player you want to see on the ball as much as possible. Just seems like he could be an important player for Erik. One of the few players available in our squad with (dare i say it?) world class close control. Should benefit the style Erik wants.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s here to stay and earn a place in the starting 11. Has to start tonight.

Hughes35

If he doesn't start tonight he should be banging on the managers door for a loan in the morning.

Hope he gets his chance and takes it.

AnotherLondonManc

Just back from a long injury and in a game ETH needs to win. I'd be surprised if he starts tonight but I'm sure he'll get his chance over the rest of the season

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I hope he starts too. The manager may see it as a good game for Antony to get some kind of goal involvement and obviously it depends on how everyone has been training but Amad was a lot better in our last game. The RW spot is there for him if the manager is open to the fact that Antony may have just been a bad signing for English football, whatever the cost/optics. I’m not sure, I can see ETH just playing the rest of the season on autopilot and starting his favourites like with Rashford for the first 4 months. The fact he’s playing Mainoo and Garnacho a lot gives me some hope

RuudTom83

Rashford - Hojlund - Garnacho should be the starting eleven for now, but I would like to see Amad coming on as the first attacking sub.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
"Has to start." Not even on the bench. You lot are fuming.

laughtersassassin

Perfect game for him to start......

Not even on the bench.

Surely not injured or ill? Does it ever end with our players

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So disappointing if he’s injured again. Every time he’s had a serious shot to take his chance, injury has struck.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s never had a serious shot, and he’s been injured once in 2 years
I mean a serious shot in the sense of the club having gaping holes in his position and things aligning for him:

- Sancho and Antony misfiring all of last season, neither holding down the right wing spot: Amad gets injured in preseason after a fantastic season at Sunderland and misses the first half of the season. With Sancho being banished and Antony having his off-field scandal (and general incompetence on the field), Amad could’ve had some serious game time for the first half of the season.

- Right wing spot still now available — he probably has until the summer to make a serious mark. We’re already linked to Olise and when Sancho goes permanently we will no doubt look to the market for a replacement. Hopefully it’s not an injury this time around.

- He/we also had a deal lined up for him to go on loan to Feyenoord a few years back, which would’ve been great for his development. He got injured at that point for a shorter while, missed the summer window and instead went to Rangers in January (a move which was a waste of his development in the end).

Amad’s had some dumb luck with injuries at awkward times. Fingers crossed this time is just potentially illness/sick like Eriksen apparently has.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
When they say "illness" in footballers what does that actually mean? Is it toncillitus or food poisoning or something else?