View full 2023-24 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

aeh1991

jesus are we now letting all of our young players go? Watch us having an injury crisis again an then we're fcked

Wrecking ralf

Now this is daft. Hopefully it’s just speculation. The lads ready to start for us.

MiceOnMeth

Amad being sent on loan while Antony stays and stinks up the place would be a real kick in the bollocks

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I hope it's not true.

Garnacho's taken over on the right, but I'd still rather we have Amad taking Antony's minutes.
Amad's more suited to what I thought ETH was trying to build - a possession based team -- than say a garnacho. I guess we are sticking to our counter-attacking philosophy.

C'est Moi Cantona

He'll be great there, but it would tell us nothing more than the Sunderland loan did.

If it was viable then It'd be Antony that needs to go there, it'd tell us alot more about him (or more likely confirm a few things), but the money he cost would never let it happen.

Lee565

So just like on Sunday, when we are in need of trying something different in attack we will have to sit through Antony coming on doing nothing again and again, if this turns out to be true it is clear ten hag is showing pure favouritism and the sooner he goes the better

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's the operative phrase. It's clear he fancies Antony over Amad -- a stackable offence if there was ever one.
Come on now. Have you really run out of reasons to criticise the manager? Why make things up?

Diallo has been available for one match day squad this season, after months out with a serious injury. He started on the bench in that match. Just like De Bruyne started on the bench for City at the weekend. Does that mean Pep doesn’t rate De Bruyne? Or ETH fancies Evans over Martinez because the latter was a sub in our last match?

Stadjer

He’d get plenty of it here if given half a chance.
Hard to give him a chance when he keeps picking up quite big injuries at the start of a season. He missed a loan to Feyenoord because of one and now he missed the first half of the season where he would have gotten a chance to prove himself.

luke511

Hard to give him a chance when he keeps picking up quite big injuries at the start of a season. He missed a loan to Feyenoord because of one and now he missed the first half of the season where he would have gotten a chance to prove himself.
Yet he didn’t have a problem at Sunderland for an entire season, or at Rangers. I don’t think it’s anything too concerning, just bad luck. It’s probably best he’s kept at the club so it can be properly monitored.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
let's be honest, we're in this mess because no manager had the bottle to admit homegrown Rashford just isn't good enough, so our left wingers get played out of position and our right wingers find themselves fighting off several players gor absolutely no reason.

Christ we bought Anthony when we actually needed a better left winger

lex talionis

WTF?

Yes, I understand Garnacho has embraced the RW as a proper footballer, but what if he goes down? Amad would be our only realistic option, unless ETH truly is deluded enough to believe that Antony -- who to the best of my knowledge has zero goal contributions this season -- can make an impact in the PL.

aeh1991

WTF?

Yes, I understand Garnacho has embraced the RW as a proper footballer, but what if he goes down? Amad would be our only realistic option, unless ETH truly is deluded enough to believe that Antony -- who to the best of my knowledge has zero goal contributions this season -- can make an impact in the PL.
You must have been sleeping the last weeks. ETH is clearly delusional when it comes to Antony.

El Zoido

The season is dead, this is the perfect time to bring him in. This club is so exhausting.

redshaw

He was season saviour elect on here.

Jim will be kidnapping Antony next and putting the ransom money towards Olise.

Based Adnan

What is going back to the Championship going to do for him? He already proved himself in that league last season.

Another young talent woefully misamanaged.

Rossa

WTF?

I do believe Timo Werner has more assists?

Andersonson

This is a good move. Season is half done and he has been injured for a long time. Regular game time under a manager like Carrick is exactly what he needs now. He needs to play, and thats not guaranteed after a injury like he had. He will get a new chance next season, he doesnt need bench time here or for a struggling side in the lower prem. This is a very reasonable loan

The Irish Connection

Agree with most here. This would be madness and another black mark for the manager.
Obviously doubling down on spending 85m on Antony, if it happens.

Gandalf

What is going back to the Championship going to do for him? He already proved himself in that league last season.

Another young talent woefully misamanaged.
The only argument I can make in favor of this is that having missed half a season through injury he really needs to be starting for the next few months and he is clearly going to be behind Garnacho. Whilst he has proven he deserves the chance at this level after the Sunderland loan I don't know that getting 15 minutes as a sub in a dozen or so games is going to do much for him whereas at Boro he will undoubtedly be a nailed on starter and be able to get fully fit and ready to hit the ground running for next season. Antony is not really developing and it won't hurt him to be an occasional sub.

El Zoido

This is a good move. Season is half done and he has been injured for a long time. Regular game time under a manager like Carrick is exactly what he needs now. He needs to play, and thats not guaranteed after a injury like he had. He will get a new chance next season, he doesnt need bench time here or for a struggling side in the lower prem. This is a very reasonable loan
If he wants to develop in to a top player he needs to play in the top league. He’s been injured, now he’s not. He can get minutes for us until he’s fully match fit and we can better assess his potential.

Dan_F

We’re going to see next to no rotation now so it makes sense, especially coming off an injury. We only have two midweek games for the rest of the season, baring FA cup replays.

luke511

We’re going to see next to no rotation now so it makes sense, especially coming off an injury. We only have two midweek games for the rest of the season, baring FA cup replays.
It would make very little sense imho. Now is the perfect time to assess his ability in the PL before considering buying another right winger in the summer, as rumoured. The same mistake the club made before buying Sancho and Antony.

Ten Hag singled him out and praised him in his last and only game this season, it would be pretty idiotic to not give him another opportunity, especially when our team is lacking consistent technical ability, something he excelled at at Sunderland.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
A good move for who? He’s arguably our best right winger, and has already proven himself in the championship.
A good move for all, he needs match fitness, can play in the EFL Cup against Chelsea and potentially a final, we are short on games between now and the end of the year. If a Premier League club/European side isn't willing to guarantee minutes then it's about as good a move as we can get for him.

luke511

A good move for all, he needs match fitness, can play in the EFL Cup against Chelsea and potentially a final, we are short on games between now and the end of the year. If a Premier League club/European side isn't willing to guarantee minutes then it's about as good a move as we can get for him.
The club needs him, it’s a shower of shite at the moment. It’s like considering loaning Mainoo out because he needs minutes too.