View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

chocolate cloud

He put up an Instagram post in his Sunderland jersey with a kiss emoji. That's a sign he's looking for forgiveness from Sunderland fans by going to a local rival ie Middlesbrough. This is so disheartening as I've loved watching him play and it was refreshing to see him come on and play vs Nottingham Forest. I absolutely hate the sight of Antony and Ten Hag at the moment. Loan out Antony instead the useless buffoon. Christ almighty I hope we finish outside any European places and just have the league next season. Is Ten Hag utterly mental?

lex talionis

You must have been sleeping the last weeks. ETH is clearly delusional when it comes to Antony.
I distinctly recall Antony coming off the bench pretty late against Spurs, so it does seem as though even ETH has his doubts about Antony now. I do like Garnacho at RW until further notice (ie, Rashford getting the benching he deserves) but getting rid of Diallo when we need to find someone who can put in a decent shift would be delusional. But as you say, it may be too late for ETH to recover from his delusions about Antony.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Amad is a fantastic talent but he will never get a run of games under Ten Hag.

There is no way he can replace Antony in ten hag' eyes and it's pointless to complain about it.

surf

I say go for it. Assuming that Carrick really wants Amad, half a season playing regularly at Boro should be beneficial for him. He's only 21 and still developing aspects of his game, like intensity and physicality. The problem with staying is that he may or may not get much of a look in with the reduced schedule and the manager's unpredictable player preferences.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So we basically brought in amrabat when we could have used Garner, brought in Malacia when we could've used Alvaro, brought in Antony when we could've used Amad, brought in Mount when we could've used Hannibal (for literally the same roles and basically the same game time and output given how frequently all of them have been injured or just useless). Nice one.

Obviously this post is exaggerating a bit but it's not far from the truth imo. Ten hag choosing to loan amad again is another black mark against him. Though I guess better for amads development that he plays rather than wastes away unused like Pellistri.

jeepers

So we basically brought in amrabat when we could have used Garner, brought in Malacia when we could've used Alvaro, brought in Antony when we could've used Amad, brought in Mount when we could've used Hannibal (for literally the same roles and basically the same game time and output given how frequently all of them have been injured or just useless). Nice one.

Obviously this post is exaggerating a bit but it's not far from the truth imo. Ten hag choosing to loan amad again is another black mark against him. Though I guess better for amads development that he plays rather than wastes away unused like Pellistri.
It’s not entirely on EtH, eh? It’s on the Glazers and Murtough. Apparently we could’ve paid lesser for Anthony but panicked and overpaid. EtH only identified the players - which we now know he’s quite shit at. Also, hindsight is always 20/20.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Meh, I don't mind sending him on loan. All the games from here until the end of the season we'll be fighting for our lives, I expect a lot of Bruno /Mount on the right, so I think this move makes sense so that he has a lot of game time, great if he can get it in a team that plays actual football. We're not playing a lot of games anyway.
Chances of getting top 4 are so slim I can't be bothered any more , just focus on catching up next season.

Ibi Dreams

Just feel like he could cement a first team place if he was ever actually given a chance. Like Mainoo has. They both have such obvious quality and we could be wasting Amad's time and potential with another championship loan

AneRu

At a proper football club Ten Hag would be sacked by now but we are allowing him to make potentially long term decisions on our young players' futures instead. Players like Amad, Fernandez and Mejbri could form a solid bunch of squad players at least but we are binning them for his expensive but poor signings. All the more reason why he should have been sacked because he will cause much worse damage the longer he stays.

gajender

I don't think he will go on loan but I also don't believe he would get much game time either At United , though ideally he should .

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Just feel like he could cement a first team place if he was ever actually given a chance. Like Mainoo has. They both have such obvious quality and we could be wasting Amad's time and potential with another championship loan
He would be given a chance if he could just stay fit. It's always something or another with him - injuries, illness etc (not saying it's his fault).

CM

I'd actually be quite annoyed if we sent Amad on loan again. Antony is Antony and Pellistri might be going on loan himself so surely we need Amad purely from a numbers perspective.

We also can't keep kicking the can down the road with him. Now is as good a time as any to find out if he's first team ready given we're writing off the rest of the season anyway.

Ibi Dreams

He would be given a chance if he could just stay fit. It's always something or another with him - injuries, illness etc (not saying it's his fault).
If we send him on loan now that he's fit again, we're not giving him a chance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So if Amad leaves and Pellestri also, We have 3 wingers for 2 positions until the end of the season . I find it hard to believe both will leave
Mason Mount is back soon, one of he or Bruno Fernandes will invariably be a right wing option to fit in because they both definitely don’t suit playing in midfield together.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why the hell would we send him out on loan to the Championship again? If we want to loan him out, loan him to a top 5 league.
We probably perceive him as being a few years away still. A loan to Championship for the next 6 months before a loan to a top 5 league next year and maybe one to a PL team in 25-26.

Lyng

If he was going to the championsship on loan, then half a season under Carrick or McKenna would be my preference, so solely based on that I am okay with this.
The reason I have massive issues with this is that 1) he is better than Pelli so why not loan out the latter and actually use Amad and 2) if we loan out Pellistri as well then that means we are going to be extremely depleted on the wing.
Rashford is going through a rough season and Antony is a woeful player. That leaves Garnacho. Maybe Ten Hag wants to use Bruno on the right when Mount is fit, but Bruno is terrible everywhere but the 10 spot so that isnt exactly a good solution either.

Lyng

Mason Mount is back soon, one of he or Bruno Fernandes will invariably be a right wing option to fit in because they both definitely don’t suit playing in midfield together.
Well they are both quite terrible on the right.

Smores

I'll be pissed off if this happens but I just don't think it's true. It makes so little sense and a lot like journalists putting two and two together.

Born2Lose

Based on Ten Hag's recent debacles, he'll end up not going, and by the end of the season become a regular first teamer instead.

If a guy like Amad can't get a fair crack at the whip under ten Hag then it better ten Hag leaves because United is built on giving youth a chance.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well they are both quite terrible on the right.
And they’ll be terrible together in a middle two with one midfielder dying behind them in the no.6 position. Welcome to Manchester United. We love misprofiles and signing players who do not complement or adorn the strengths of others!

Amira

The manager never set the price for Antony. What the manager now has to do is show that Antony has some worth and he can manage him into some better form.
At the expense of giving a fair chance to other players?

Gordon Godot

At a proper football club Ten Hag would be sacked by now but we are allowing him to make potentially long term decisions on our young players' futures instead. Players like Amad, Fernandez and Mejbri could form a solid bunch of squad players at least but we are binning them for his expensive but poor signings. All the more reason why he should have been sacked because he will cause much worse damage the longer he stays.
Exactly. Too many managers have been allowed to sell good young players and replace them with expensive signings who are no better and sometimes worse. The youngsters maybe not good enough for title push but they can be good squad players.

Gordon Godot

It’s not entirely on EtH, eh? It’s on the Glazers and Murtough. Apparently we could’ve paid lesser for Anthony but panicked and overpaid. EtH only identified the players - which we now know he’s quite shit at. Also, hindsight is always 20/20.
Antony was already £60m, then we panicked last minute. He wasnt worth £60m. He is not a premier league player. Yet ETH was desperate for him. He must also have know the price would go up last minute, he's not stupid.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
“Proper football club” - Ugh.

jeepers

Antony was already £60m, then we panicked last minute. He wasnt worth £60m. He is not a premier league player. Yet ETH was desperate for him. He must also have know the price would go up last minute, he's not stupid.
And that’s when Murtough should’ve stepped in and said no. From that Athletic article, it seems like we didn’t have alternative players lined up for the profiles and positions of players EtH wanted, and that’s why EtH got exactly what he wanted. It’s flipping embarrassing how the club is run. Raphinha went for much less and I believe he was considered a better player back then, even though I don’t consider either him or Antony good enough for us.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
And that’s when Murtough should’ve stepped in and said no. From that Athletic article, it seems like we didn’t have alternative players lined up for the profiles and positions of players EtH wanted, and that’s why EtH got exactly what he wanted. It’s flipping embarrassing how the club is run. Raphinha went for much less and I believe he was considered a better player back then, even though I don’t consider either him or Antony good enough for us.
Yeah, I know Ten Hag gets the flack, but the fact we had no alternative for him and thought it better to over spend on Antony says more about the football side than him.

OldTrevil

Makes no sense to loan him when Antony has been serving up shit soup the entire time in the same position.

It will be one less reason to get excited for our games if he goes.

kaku06

Vulgarian
The manager doesn’t fancy him. I see no reason to atleast not give Amad a chance given how woeful our options are. Maybe he’s scared if he gives him a chance on the right and Amad performs then ten hag thinks it would be a black mark on him signing that useless Antony. So he’s sending every contender for the right on loan :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Better to go out on loan and get his fitness and minutes under his belt again. ETH won't use him, especially now that we have less fixtures coming up.
Also, I don't think ETH will be here next year anyway.

Gordon Godot

The manager doesn’t fancy him. I see no reason to atleast not give Amad a chance given how woeful our options are. Maybe he’s scared if he gives him a chance on the right and Amad performs then ten hag thinks it would be a black mark on him signing that useless Antony. So he’s sending every contender for the right on loan :lol:
What is clear is that ETH is a terrible judge of players. Which is another reason to get him out sooner rather than later

mav_9me

I thought you could clearly see Diallos impact when he came on in the 2nd half vs Forest. Was expecting him to get more game time. What do I know but feels like another talent being wasted. Much rather set Diallo than Antony

ShinjiNinja26

Terrible decision. We’ve already let Pellestri go out on loan and Antony’s proven himself to be useless and that’s putting it kindly. This kid should be getting his chance here not sent out on another loan.