5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Extremely annoying. He's injured all season, has 1 promising sub appearance where he does far better than Antony and then isn't seen since. Can't even get a chance against a league 2 side. I fear he'll be completely wasted here.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wasting his time here. Should get himself a loan and see what happens with INEOS in the summer.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Amad should have started today. So annoying

Sylar

Honestly think when he gets a chance or minutes (whenever that is) he basically needs to score a winner to get noticed by eth and into the team

Pughnichi

Extremely annoying. He's injured all season, has 1 promising sub appearance where he does far better than Antony and then isn't seen since. Can't even get a chance against a league 2 side. I fear he'll be completely wasted here.
Similar to Hannibal. Was part of the best performance of the season, albeit against a weaker CP team and then couldn’t get a sniff…literally a sprinkling of minutes at the end of matches. Envisage (at this point in time at least) Amad just ain’t gonna get the minutes on the pitch to even have a chance to impress

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Well he was injured/ill after that promising sub appearance too. After seeing Mainoo and Garnacho I think if he is that talented we'll see him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Similar to Hannibal. Was part of the best performance of the season, albeit against a weaker CP team and then couldn’t get a sniff…literally a sprinkling of minutes at the end of matches. Envisage (at this point in time at least) Amad just ain’t gonna get the minutes on the pitch to even have a chance to impress
Eh it's different. Hannibal showed energy but little quality, and didn't do much in the championship on loan. His competition is Bruno. He's never going to play much. Amad had a great loan where he clearly looked above that level, and on the pitch you could tell his class and maturity on the ball right away. His competition is Antony, or Garnacho if Rashford is on the left. He should be playing much more.

Superunknown

It might be frustrating to be a squad member in Ten Hag team. You have team members who never get substituted regardless of score or performance. in rare occasions, you will get those odd three minutes where you have limited time to make an impact. even if you impress, the next game you get 0 minutes to at least build a momentum
I don't really understand what Ten Hag is looking for in players. The only real players who I think have forced their ways in due to performances were Garnacho last season and Mainoo this one. Although, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mainoo gets relegated to the bench now that Casemiro is back.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Well he was injured/ill after that promising sub appearance too. After seeing Mainoo and Garnacho I think if he is that talented we'll see him.
Ye I think it’s a case of him staying fit. He can’t definitely claim that RW position if he can get a run of games.

Gordon S

I think both Amad and Pallestri are too direct for ETH. Can’t be anything else as both have showed more than the Brazilian dud when they’ve had a small opportunity.
Amad too direct? He has a lot of patience, he can play simple passes, he can make good decisions, he can slow things down if needed. He, just like Kobbie, seems tailor made to look good for this team. Can only guess he needs a few more sessions to get the sharpness back.

Gandalf

Seems like he was on the bench to make up numbers today .
His lack of involvement today only makes sense if he is heading out on loan and was only named in the squad in case of emergency. I don’t like the idea of sending him out though when it seems clear Pellistri is heading to Granada. We are going to be very light on cover for the forward positions unless the plan is to use Forson and God forbid play Bruno on the right to accommodate the return of Mount.

Red00012

His lack of involvement today only makes sense if he is heading out on loan and was only named in the squad in case of emergency. I don’t like the idea of sending him out though when it seems clear Pellistri is heading to Granada. We are going to be very light on cover for the forward positions unless the plan is to use Forson and God forbid play Bruno on the right to accommodate the return of Mount.
I think it was a choice of 2 between putting him , Pellestri and Harrison on the bench . Pellestri is going out on loan so bringing him on wasn’t an option and perhaps he thought the shit surface might not have suited Amad.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Good job by ETH keeping this guy in check. He has to learn discipline and needs to know his place.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I really like Amad too. He seems like a talented player with ability. But I must say I think there is more than a fair chance that he is far from good enough. EtH seems more than willing to give young players a chance. Teenagers like Mainoo and Garnacho have plenty of minutes. He has also started Mejbri, Pellistri and Kambwala in the PL.

Amad was good in the Championship last season. He had a few exceptional involvements and maybe even a game or two, but his general play was far from exceptional overall.

lsd

The Oracle
He is never going to get a fair chance under Ten Hag. This cannot be any more obvious. If Ten Hag stays Amad will have to leave simple as that

Donut

ETH knows the more he plays Amad the more obvious it will be he’s better than Antony who he’s protecting and hoping he’ll come good.

Adamsk7

Hasn’t he just come back from being injured/ill? On top of being out for ages with an injury? Personally I just think we are easing him back.

Marwood

He is never going to get a fair chance under Ten Hag. This cannot be any more obvious. If Ten Hag stays Amad will have to leave simple as that
He has to be fit and available for a stretch of games. Hasn't happened yet. Not at United anyway.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
As always with Ten Hag, there's benefit of the doubt - Amad has been injured lately and we don't know if he has fully recovered.
And as always with Ten Hag, you can smell something is off and I wouldn't be surprised to hear about Amad leaving permanently.

Zed is not dead

Im not too fussed about him not being played tonight.

To some extent, this game was the first time Ten Hag was able to field his almost strongest 11, and it’s natural he wants them to play together as long as possible.
He most likely wanted to give a taste of the cup to Forson, something he doesn’t need to do with Amad.

If anything I think he’ll play Amad much more in the league and we’ll start to see more rotation between him and Antony now that the latter is fully back in the squad

MrBest

Amad will play, people need to calm down. He's second choice RW, coming back from injury and needs to worm his way back in.

Pickle85

Not sure why so many are clamoring for him to be in...he's pretty average.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure why so many are clamoring for him to be in...he's pretty average.
So are all our other attackers, it's completely understandable why people want to see him be given an opportunity.

Pickle85

So are all our other attackers, it's completely understandable why people want to see him be given an opportunity.
Have you ever watched Antony?
I still think he's a better option than Amad. He can handle the physical side of things and put a shift in going the other way. I'd love to be proven wrong but Amad looks like he doesn't have the physicality and doesn't look like he's sufficiently brilliant technically to make up for that. Reckon he'll end up being a reasonable player in Spain or Italy (again) but I don't see him making it in the Prem.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s very clear to me that the manager has absolutely zero authority or grip on this dressing room. Whether it’s right or wrong he needs to go. Players are just doing whatever they want. We should rightfully be hammering them for that for being unprofessional etc but I think it’s the manager’s job to stop that happening.

Alemar

It’s very clear to me that the manager has absolutely zero authority or grip on this dressing room. Whether it’s right or wrong he needs to go. Players are just doing whatever they want. We should rightfully be hammering them for that for being unprofessional etc but I think it’s the manager’s job to stop that happening.
What does it have to do with Amad playing minutes (or lack thereof, to be precise)?