View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

laughtersassassin

Madness Forson is now ahead of him. Literally the few chances he has got in his United Career he does well but then never gets played again

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Madness Forson is now ahead of him. Literally the few chances he has got in his United Career he does well but then never gets played again
Forson came on up front didn't he? If Amad came on there we'd be slating it.

Gordon S

Erik is obviously not a fan!
Forson heh, what has he done to deserve getting minutes instead?

Erik is a strange man.

CM

Crazy that he didn't make it off the bench against Newport or tonight. Ten Hag wouldn't know talent if it slapped him in the face.

lsd

The Oracle
Crazy that he didn't make it off the bench against Newport or tonight. Ten Hag wouldn't know talent if it slapped him in the face.

The guy plays in Antony's position Ten Hag will never give him a fair shot.

Aint gota Kalou

Am I the only one who thought it probably didn't make sense to chuck him on today?

I don't have an opinion on Forson over him but Amad doesn't strike me as someone to hold the ball upfront alone (neither did Forson to be fair)

I really want him to get minutes and I'll be worried if he doesn't start getting significant minutes very soon

3KDré

Forson came on up front didn't he? If Amad came on there we'd be slating it.
It must be a physicality thing. I am not sure. I feel like he will only give players a chance if they're physically talented as well. Forson, Mejbri, Garnacho, Kambwala and Mainoo are all physically robust.

Bubz27

It must be a physicality thing. I am not sure. I feel like he will only give players a chance if they're physically talented as well. Forson, Mejbri, Garnacho, Kambwala and Mainoo are all physically robust.
Seeing the replay, Forson's rub opens up space for Mainoo for the goal. Not a run Amad would make naturally I think. Its am incredibly intelligent run that EtH should be praised for bringing him on for.

Edit: not correcting the rub run typo. It feels apt.

3KDré

If Ten is building a transition team it makes sense for him to not see him as part of his plans.
If he's building a transition team, Antony does not make sense. In fact Amad would make more sense than Antony given Antony's played his best games for Ajax, who hold the ball, and Amad's played his best for Sunderland who don't (as much).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I guess it's best to loan him out. Pointless sitting on the bench since he won't be given a chance to get match fitness/sharpness.
He maybe just not an ETH type player.

jem

Maybe it was disciplinary action related to the Instagram like - wouldn’t be totally undeserved, in my opinion

sglowrider

Maybe it was disciplinary action related to the Instagram like - wouldn’t be totally undeserved, in my opinion
Rashie goes on a drinking binge and gets the play in the next game. An emoji and your chances for playing is dead? Maybe Amad needs to start drinking instead of posting emojis.

jem

Rashie goes on a drinking binge and gets the play in the next game. An emoji and your chances for playing is dead? Maybe Amad needs to start drinking instead of posting emojis.
I’m no fan of Rashford but I’d say he’s a bit more credit in the bank, so to speak

Grande

It seems unlikely if not impossible, if I understood correctly: Wasn’t Emojigate after the Newport game?

If so, he was already behind Forson in the pecking order at that point, let alone Rashford.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It is either he just doesn’t rate him at all, in which case we will sell him in the Summer, or he is being The Disciplinarian over something petty in which case he will freeze him for 2-3 months and will be back to playing 10-15 mins a game then.

sglowrider

It is either he just doesn’t rate him at all, in which case we will sell him in the Summer, or he is being The Disciplinarian over something petty in which case he will freeze him for 2-3 months and will be back to playing 10-15 mins a game then.
TBF I don't rate ETH's ability to judge talent anymore. Of the 11 plus loanees, who have been a success? The success ratio is very poor regardless.

So why he isn't playing is quite par fr course. For amads sake I hope we get a new manager who is willing to invest in developing youth. Not just parking them on the bench or play them a few minutes here or there.

Proper pathways

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
TBF I don't rate ETH's ability to judge talent anymore. Of the 11 plus loanees, who have been a success? The success ratio is very poor regardless.

So why he isn't playing is quite par fr course. For amads sake I hope we get a new manager who is willing to invest in developing youth. Not just parking them on the bench or play them a few minutes here or there.

Proper pathways
He has given Garnacho and Mainoo a lot of time but they've almost left him no choice with their performances. He's a very strict disciplinarian, especially when it comes to younger players, so no surprise quite a few of them have fallen out of favor.

Gordon Godot

Proper pathways
Amad has some natural talent and ability, he deserves a shot. He cannot be any worse than Antony who is now costing us goals as well as offering zero threat. its criminal and I would be pretty unhappy if I was Amad. It was reported earlier in season that a lot of disharmony in camp reflected unease at ETH's signings and insistence on playing likes of Antony regardless how poor he was.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Forson came on upfront, so I guess his superior physicality makes him more suitable to that.

Antony was fairly good last game and scored and assisted, so it made sense to get the nod again in this one. He was horrific today though, so hopefully Amad gets a chance soon.

Gordon Godot

Forson came on upfront, so I guess his superior physicality makes him more suitable to that.

Antony was fairly good last game and scored and assisted, so it made sense to get the nod again in this one. He was horrific today though, so hopefully Amad gets a chance soon.
We were playing Newport. He wasn't 'fairly good'. He played a square pass 10 yards under no pressure and passed into an empty goal. He couldn't get past league two defenders and carried no goal threat. even worse last night against better defenders, as expected. Lets have some objectivity here.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We were playing Newport. He wasn't 'fairly good'. He played a square pass 10 yards under no pressure and passed into an empty goal. He couldn't get past league two defenders and carried no goal threat. even worse last night against better defenders, as expected. Lets have some objectivity here.
Antony's assist was a good run and then a cutback straight into Bruno's path that split two defenders. His goal was a first time reflex shot with his weak foot from a somewhat tight angle (the keeper was getting back up and covering some of the goal so it was hardly empty). Were they amazing pieces of play? Of course not. But they were hardly the tap-ins that you seem to be indicating. I think you're the one who needs to be objective.

Even without the goal and assist his game was better in that match. Not great, but better. Obviously it was against weak opposition, but if you've got a player that has been struggling for form and then he scores and assists in a game you have to give him a chance again the next game and hope that it's the start of him hitting form. It would actually be terrible man-management to go from that to then drop him behind a kid who has barely played. Antony isn't good enough longterm and we massively overpaid, but if we can get him back to last seasons form he can at least be useful.

However now that he's had that second game and been terrible, I am hoping ETH gives Amad a chance ahead of him next time.

lex talionis

The other day I was mocked by some deluded poster for suggesting that Amad should be unhappy that no matter how shit Antony performs that Antony will always be ahead of Amad in the manager’s eye. Nothing I saw in Antony yesterday suggests he should be preferred to Amad.

Gordon S

Am I the only one who thought it probably didn't make sense to chuck him on today?

I don't have an opinion on Forson over him but Amad doesn't strike me as someone to hold the ball upfront alone (neither did Forson to be fair)

I really want him to get minutes and I'll be worried if he doesn't start getting significant minutes very soon
His control of the ball is second to none in this squad, only Martial has that similar velvety touch.
I am close to 100% sure he is better at keeping possession than Garnacho, Antony and Forson.

TheReligion

Abusive
The other day I was mocked by some deluded poster for suggesting that Amad should be unhappy that no matter how shit Antony performs that Antony will always be ahead of Amad in the manager’s eye. Nothing I saw in Antony yesterday suggests he should be preferred to Amad.
Fortunately Amad seemed very happy post match yesterday evening!

OT_United

His control of the ball is second to none in this squad, only Martial has that similar velvety touch.
I am close to 100% sure he is better at keeping possession than Garnacho, Antony and Forson.
I think Garnacho's excellent at keeping the ball, especially in our own half he has composure.

Bubz27

Why would we slate it ? Pretty much everyone is in agreement here he should be getting game time
For playing him in the wrong position.

If you want to argue he should come on instead ot Antony, that's a different discussion. But not Forson in that moment.

Levenstein

Don’t know who’s wife he’s slept with, but surely he would he such a great option to use

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He must just not be training well. If he wasn’t going to get any minutes we’d have loaned him out. I feel like the manager is saying I’m not just going to fire you in, I don’t need to rotate, show me something. I understand people feeling aggrieved about Antony taking all “his” minutes but I assume the manager wants Amad to eventually hit the first team with proper intensity instead of 5 mins here and there and back out on loan again next year. This is just based on a hunch. If he can get a start or two before the end of the season and really grab the chance then the club have a big decision to make.