Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's a pretty harsh perspective given that no one argues that Amad should be starting ahead of Rashford or Garnacho, but in light of Antony's disastrous performances this season you'd think by now, now that he's fully fit that Amad would get more than a few minutes in one appearance. When a club spends 21m in guaranteed money and another 20 in add ons to sign a player that player has to be given a chance when he's fully fit. Some fail their chance, but FFS at least give them a chance. In this case we know for a fact that Amad was brilliant last season with Sunderland, yet when we had the chance to start or even sub him on against a League Two he was nowhere to be found. We won the game 4-2 so there's only so much complaining one can do but it's precisely that kind of opponent where the manager should have given Amad a chance. True, Antony scored a goal and had an assist but the goal was a tap in and although the assist was a job well done it wasn't the kind of assist that is above the known ability of Amad.

At the very least sub him on when it's falling apart for either Rashford or Garnacho but to have him rot on the bench when the need screams for fresh blood does not bode well for Amad's future under this manager, who clearly rates Antony above Amad, a rating I cannot imagine a single United supporter agrees with.
In light of Antony's terrible performances, Garnacho now plays in his position. All this ignores he fact he put on Forson ahead of him for multiple games, so it's not like he doesn't give any one chances. So am I now meant to think he'd rather put on a worse player when chasing a game (take the wolves game for example) because of some grudge against Amad? Or a completely made up scenario that it would trigger add ons?

I don't see why Amad needs special treatment. He should be getting Forson's minutes and if he isn't, that's on him. There's no real comparison with Amad and Anthony's ability. He just knows Antony more and Antony has been available. If we were losing and he was still insisting on playing Antony, I'd have some sympathy with the argument. Like it or not Ten Hag is getting his decisions right, currently and the results bear them out.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Surely he gets a chance tomorrow with injuries?

Garnacho - Rashford - Amad
I'm confident Forson will start now.
Its a shame for Amad but I wouldn't want to break up the Dalot and Garnacho partnership thats been developing well the past few weeks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’ll probably be Antony. Fingers crossed Amad gets on the pitch at least, if he’s not starting.

Bondi77

We will see Amad soon now.
Erik will start Antony and Antony will do feck all and then Amad should get his chance and hopefully prove he is a better option than Antony.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’d love to see Amad in place of Bruno. It won’t happen but in terms of overall play it would improve us massively.

Sid234

From EtH's comments (from press conference I think) - sounds like Amad may be still building match fitness after injury return. EtH mentioned Amad and Forson as options as alternative options to Antony

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think it’s fairly obvious we will see a front line of Antony, Garnacho and Rashford. It’s a tall order for either Garnacho or Rashford to fill the role Hojlund plays but we have to work with what we’ve got.

One thing for sure is that if Antony fails to perform, this is the best chance Diallo will get to stake a claim in the short term. If he comes on as a sub, or even gets a start, he has to take the opportunity with both hands and play without fear. He can make things happen, I have no doubt about it

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Based on what!?

Always find these comments mental
Based on the fact that he’s a very technical players, capable of playing in tight spaces and linking up with others. Also based on Bruno’s performances and limitations.

Gordon S

From EtH's comments (from press conference I think) - sounds like Amad may be still building match fitness after injury return. EtH mentioned Amad and Forson as options as alternative options to Antony
So odd. He must have been training with the team for about 5-6 weeks now since return from injury. How much can an injury have set him back? And why would they have a supersafe, long term approach with regards to Amad but throw other players back in asap with the danger of their injuries getting worse. Lots of questions.

Bwuk

If it isn’t McTominat at 9 I think Amad would be a better option than Rashford.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Based on the fact that he’s a very technical players, capable of playing in tight spaces and linking up with others. Also based on Bruno’s performances and limitations.
Thats not actually based on any games in the PL.

Its just mental how people want to extrapolate from a decent outing on loan to a level below, in order to pitch playing him 1) out of his natural position and 2) displacing our captain who hasn't been bad :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

I, along with some others, want Amad to start, but I don't want ten Hag to disrupt the win pairing of Rashford and Garnacho, which seems to be doing reletively well of late.

Therefore, if Amad was to come in, we could play him as a false 9. I recall him playing there against Wolves, where he put in a very promising, mature performance. Pretty sure he played there in one of the Europa league games, too.

Not sure it will happen today, and based on the players ten Hag has brought on during games, Forson would probably be the most realistic option.

Gordon S

Thats not actually based on any games in the PL.

Its just mental how people want to extrapolate from a decent outing on loan to a level below, in order to pitch playing him 1) out of his natural position and 2) displacing our captain who hasn't been bad :lol:
A decent outing? He scored 14 goals as a winger, was one of the best players in the team and one of the better players in the championship. Decent is extremely unfair to call it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A decent outing? He scored 14 goals as a winger, was one of the best players in the team and one of the better players in the championship. Decent is extremely unfair to call it.
A very good outing, if you want to be pedantic. In the Championship.

It doesn't water down my point though. Amad also showed he probably needs some maturing mentally too.

Gordon S

A very good outing, if you want to be pedantic. In the Championship.

It doesn't water down my point though. Amad also showed he probably needs some maturing mentally too.
Fair enough if decent and very good is basically the same to you.
My guess though is that you used the word decent instead of very good to try and make your argument stronger.
Yes, it is of course bullshit to say here and now that Amad would be a major upgrade on Bruno, no one could possibly know that. But, Amad looks very versatile and well rounded with good footballing iq. I saw him drift all over the frontline for Sunderland without looking less good in any position. I am actually sure that he could do Brunos position well if needed.

No clue what you mean by needing to mature mentally?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How do you build match fitness without playing? I have accepted the fact that Antony will play ahead of Amad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair enough if decent and very good is basically the same to you.
My guess though is that you used the word decent instead of very good to try and make your argument stronger.
Yes, it is of course bullshit to say here and now that Amad would be a major upgrade on Bruno, no one could possibly know that. But, Amad looks very versatile and well rounded with good footballing iq. I saw him drift all over the frontline for Sunderland without looking less good in any position. I am actually sure that he could do Brunos position well if needed.

No clue what you mean by needing to mature mentally?
Trust me, I don't need to cherry pick words in order to emphasise why dropping Bruno for Diallo out of the blue is a stupid idea.

Mature mentality? Probably regarding the time he got too caught into his own hype he dismissed the importance of Alex Scott winning the Player of the Month award by tweeting along the lines of "Alex who?" followed by laughter emojis.

Besides that though, it's just insane how lazy peoples evaluations are when thinking "oh right let's swap him for Bruno". We don't know how well he presses in that role, we actually don't have established decision making at top level, and we are lazily assuming that he has the defensive chops and energy to operate in the middle and engage in more physical battles.

But no sure, he overlapped across the middle front line in the Championship sometimes so of course that's enough to be "sure" :lol:

Dannn411

If I was Amad, I would just request to be transfer listed if Forson or Antony starts ahead of me today.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If I was Amad, I would just request to be transfer listed if Forson or Antony starts ahead of me today.
He's never gunna play at #10 because of Bruno and based on this season he's behind Garnacho, Rashford and Antony for the RW spot. Even Facu got more chances. Regardless of what happens today I'd be looking to leave if I was him anyway. Clearly not fancied by the manager.

Sid234

So odd. He must have been training with the team for about 5-6 weeks now since return from injury. How much can an injury have set him back? And why would they have a supersafe, long term approach with regards to Amad but throw other players back in asap with the danger of their injuries getting worse. Lots of questions.
I agree.. I am surprised by that too.

I can only imagine that rushing Shaw back was out of necessity. I hope we atleast see Amad come on as sub for 30+ mins if he doesn't start

Red Rash

Very surprised he hasn't been given game time. Looked good in the cameo against Forest and has been back in the squad for a few weeks now.

Considering the poor form of our wingers should really be getting at least consistent 20 min appearances off the bench.

Red Royal

Amad really had a sliding doors moment vs Forest. If Bruno had got to that little cutback at 1-1 and put us in the lead he'd have won headlines and it would be hard for EtH to ignore him.
Instead they broke, scored and he has been banished since.
Poor kid...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Amad really had a sliding doors moment vs Forest. If Bruno had got to that little cutback at 1-1 and put us in the lead he'd have won headlines and it would be hard for EtH to ignore him.
Instead they broke, scored and he has been banished since.
Poor kid...
Banished is quite an exaggeration

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Only a slight exaggeration. Amad has done enough to deserve at least being brought on as a sub and does not deserve to rot on the bench.
Based on what? A championship loan?

Im not saying I don't rate him by the way, but over the top infatuation with players is not foreign to the fans. Happens every time.

There is a ton we don't know about how he's training. Ten Hag is a manager who has no problem thrusting young players into games, but if Pellistri, Garnacho and maybe Forson could/are all getting gametime ahead of him, then there is very likely a valid reason for that. It could be his decision making, or physicality, or proactiveness off the ball. It could also be attitude related, who knows. He's basically just had a championship loan on his CV to go by, which shouldn't fill anyone with confidence beyond reasonable doubt.