View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Raven

If having a good cameo against Liverpool is the requirement, Antony also had a good cameo against Liverpool
I was about to come in here and have a rant about it but I thought the exact same. Maybe he'll rest Garnacho against Liverpool and Amad might get the nod there. Hopefully he's given meaningful minutes tonight anyway.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Never been given a fair go at this club if we are honest
If we are honest this, is a bit of a baseless hot take, or one based on limited evidence

There’s an Athletic article that goes into his time here in quite a lot of detail, we have committed a lot of time, thought and money to his development, including how it is paced. It’s quite encouraging and now we are seeing signs of fruition.

Seek it out and have a read, you’ll probably enjoy it.

MDFC Manager

With rashford, mount and mctominay on the bench, i think it's safe to assume he won't be playing at all tonight.

laughtersassassin

Half time when he plays this forum moans he’s too weak and not up for it!
Well they'd be wrong in my opinion, and even if correct in the end it's not about that.

It's about being given actual opportunities and rewarded when doing well. Which he had never been.

I've more a problem with the fact other players like Antony for instance get constant chances for instance.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
With rashford, mount and mctominay on the bench, i think it's safe to assume he won't be playing at all tonight.
You can safely assume that our first two subs are Evans on for Varane at HT and Kambwala on for injured Maguire. Actually the third will be Amrabat on for injured Evans.

laughtersassassin

If we are honest this, is a bit of a baseless hot take, or one based on limited evidence

There’s an Athletic article that goes into his time here in quite a lot of detail, we have committed a lot of time, thought and money to his development, including how it is paced. It’s quite encouraging and now we are seeing signs of fruition.

I've read it. It's not a hot take though. I have my reasons.

I've seen Antony and more recently Forson get opportunities. Amad should get the same to show his worth.

The problem other than injuries is that his appearances are very limited and even when available it hasn't mattered if he played well or not, it's always a long time till he gets on the pitch again.

It's very very hard to show your worth when not given a chance.

I see no reason why Antony should start today over Amad for instance. Both done well against Liverpool. Antony has been given a lot more chances though. I'd give Amad a start now to try build on his Liverpool performance.

It's not like Antony is so good that starting Amad instead would cost us the game.

Remember the geese

They both did very well that game. Both of them worked hard and they both scored very important goals. Not that different? Besides that Antony is disliked on this forum and Amad still hasnt played enough to be disliked on this forum just yet.
Antony has had multiple opportunities and underwhelmed consistently. Amad deserves the opportunity to underwhelm.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
I've read it. It's not a hot take though. I have my reasons.

I've seen Antony and more recently Forson get opportunities. Amad should get the same to show his worth.

The problem other than injuries is that his appearances are very limited and even when available it hasn't mattered if he played well or not, it's always a long time till he gets on the pitch again.

It's very very hard to show your worth when not given a chance.

I see no reason why Antony should start today over Amad for instance. Both done well against Liverpool. Antony has been given a lot more chances though. I'd give Amad a start now to try build on his Liverpool performance.

It's not like Antony is so good that starting Amad instead would cost us the game.
Fair enough, and apologies then.

I was largely puzzled why we hadn’t seen more of him. But after reading that I’m convinced we’re playing the long game with him and he’s had a number of non-playing issues that have made his opportunities scarcer.

That said, he has wonderful ability on the ball and seems the kind of player we’d all love to see succeed at Old Trafford.

Let’s hope it happens!

Enjoy the match :)

lex talionis

I'm sorry, but if we are going to be honest about this, Amad has been denied chances he's done enough to deserve. I suppose it could be argued that being held back and sent off on loan was good for his development but here we are today with Amad still rotting on the bench while Antony continue to shit his pants.

Red Rash

Antony has had multiple opportunities and underwhelmed consistently. Amad deserves the opportunity to underwhelm.
I'm a big Amad fan but I kind of agree with this. We know Rashford is in terrible form and Antony is often poor. We don't know if Amad is the answer but he at least deserves the chance considering our other options.

dubplate warrior

John Forson has been given more chances.

Stadjer

Purposefully avoiding all context I see.
No. The claim was that Amad deserved a start for his good cameo against Liverpool. Antony had that too. I also do want to see Amad start a game but i dont think a good cameo against Liverpool should warrant a player with a few minutes in the Premier League to start over Antony in a big game against Chelsea. And for all his flaws, you do know what Antony will offer you in a game. He will work hard, usually keep the ball in the team and help his right back. It is unfortunatly he will also do his bad shots and not assist a goal but playing Amad is a risk. It is not that crazy to not wanting to take that risk based on that good cameo against Liverpool.

Raven

Hopefully he outlasts this utter clown of a manager. Any proper coach will give him a chance.

Idxomer

Hopefully he outlasts this utter clown of a manager. Any proper coach will give him a chance.
Any other manager and he would've been awarded with at least some minutes after his heroics a couple of weeks back. Antony also looked done physically, Ten Hag's man and game management is rubbish.

lsd

The Oracle
No surprise to see Ten Hag completely ignoring him again. The only way Amad will have a future at United is with another manager

laughtersassassin

He should rightly feel very hard done by.

Never gets rewarded no matter what he does and now finds himself arguably further down the pecking order because Antony got another chance and played well.

Basically there is nothing he can do when his appearances are miles apart due to the manager not rewarding good performances.

Raven

Any other manager and he would've been awarded with at least some minutes after his heroics a couple of weeks back. Antony also looked done physically, Ten Hag's man and game management is rubbish.
Antony actually played pretty well I thought. The mistake was bringing on Rashford instead. ETH has proven himself to be miles out of his depth and should just go really.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Should have come on instead of Rashford, but I doubt there's many managers that would do that. You'd like to think he'd start the coventry game, but we'll have to see.

Stadjer

Should have come on instead of Rashford, but I doubt there's many managers that would do that. You'd like to think he'd start the coventry game, but we'll have to see.
In hindsight with the way Rashford played, yes. During the match Rashford seemed like the perfect player to bring on at that time.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In hindsight with the way Rashford played, yes. During the match Rashford seemed like the perfect player to bring on at that time.
I do kind of mean based on merit, but I do agree. Rashford has more than enough credit in the bank to warrant him seeming the better choice to bring on.

Dan_F

You can safely assume that our first two subs are Evans on for Varane at HT and Kambwala on for injured Maguire. Actually the third will be Amrabat on for injured Evans.
I had to double and triple check this post to see the time. So close :lol:

Idxomer

Antony actually played pretty well I thought. The mistake was bringing on Rashford instead. ETH has proven himself to be miles out of his depth and should just go really.
Yeah, but his energy levels were dwindling by the end and he couldn't keep the ball.

I also agree that bringing him instead of Rashford would've been better, he would at least play with some intensity.

Raven

No. Rashford has been shit all season with pretty much no signs of encouragement, brining him on was a guaranteed disaster.

Raven

Yeah, but his energy levels were dwindling by the end and he couldn't keep the ball.

I also agree that bringing him instead of Rashford would've been better, he would at least play with some intensity.
I don't understand ETH's subs at the best of times but not bringing on players who can keep the ball when the game was like it was is just crazy. You're probably right that we should have brought off Antony but Amad should have been on the pitch far earlier than that anyway. Instead the fraud decided to waste 2 subs on CBs because he played 2 players who were nowhere near ready.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The problem is this was Antony's first good game in about 20 fecking opportunities of dogshit. The fact that Amad hasn't even had half of that to prove himself (when a simple eye test on limited minutes tells you he's already a better talent) is fecking abysmal management.