View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

MrBest

I'm not Antony's biggest fan but Amad is not doing anything to get opportunities over him.
You don't understand football. His off the ball movements created more space for Bruno, goal and assist for Bruno. His ability to hold the ball, pass and create more space is better than Antony. I agree he didn't set the world alight and didn't run from halfway line and score, but it was like night and day. He even done better than Raahford, but that's not saying much these days.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think his lack of pace is a real issue for our current system.

Would like to see him stay in the squad next season but don't share the 'OMG I can't believe he doesn't start' vibe some of you have on him.
Absolutely the reason he hasn't had the opportunities in my opinion. Doesn't suit the kick and rush football we play.

Lyng

I think his lack of pace is a real issue for our current system.

Would like to see him stay in the squad next season but don't share the 'OMG I can't believe he doesn't start' vibe some of you have on him.
Well our current system is terrible.

Gordon S

No idea why his teammates are not using him more. There were loads of moments were he had a ton of space down the right but they kept stepping on the ball, chosing to go to the left side or a long ball over the top.
It would of course help if he got a couple of games and could slowly gel into the team.
Looks so effortless out there. He can still improve but i am never really worried when he gets the ball, he just receives it, looks up, finds a teammate in a good position. Quite often with one touch as well.
If the intention now is to keep the ball more and better Amad should genuinly be one of the first names on the teamsheet going forward.
Anthony looks more busy, seems to be more happening at first glance. But there isn`t much good stuff happening for him still.
i think Amad is better in almost every regard and adds a composure higher up the pitch i think we need.

Grande

You don't understand football. His off the ball movements created more space for Bruno, goal and assist for Bruno. His ability to hold the ball, pass and create more space is better than Antony. I agree he didn't set the world alight and didn't run from halfway line and score, but it was like night and day. He even done better than Raahford, but that's not saying much these days.
I disagree. Yesterday, Antony was better off the ball than Amad. He placed himself better to get out balls, chose better when to come back and when to stretch in possession, when to go inside and when to go outside, and when to press, when to stand off and when to fall back out of possession. He also was more effective in furthering the ball up the pitch through interplay. Wan Bissaka was much more effective in attack with Antony ahead in the first half, and United created more and conceded less play in the first half.

Amad for me was much better off the ball vs Liverpool, and in his choices on the ball. Yesterday he stifled play on the right moving into Wan Bissakas possible lines, unclear runs, and turning inside at the wrong time to crowd the space where Mainoo/McTominay and Højlund could move.

I don’t worry about that cause he’s yong an lernin, and I hope he’ll get further game time.

saivet

I'm not convinced by him but he's not had a fair opportunity at United to judge him properly. Hope gets a start on the weekend vs Burnley. We've seen enough of Antony and Garnacho could probably do with a rest anyway.

Sylar

Based on what we saw v coventry, he deserved to start ahead of Antony. But we know that's not the case here right now. Hopefully he continues to get minutes and a start or two (though I do think if he starts he will be one of the first to be subbed off no matter how the game goes)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I disagree. Yesterday, Antony was better off the ball than Amad. He placed himself better to get out balls, chose better when to come back and when to stretch in possession, when to go inside and when to go outside, and when to press, when to stand off and when to fall back out of possession. He also was more effective in furthering the ball up the pitch through interplay. Wan Bissaka was much more effective in attack with Antony ahead in the first half, and United created more and conceded less play in the first half.

Amad for me was much better off the ball vs Liverpool, and in his choices on the ball. Yesterday he stifled play on the right moving into Wan Bissakas possible lines, unclear runs, and turning inside at the wrong time to crowd the space where Mainoo/McTominay and Højlund could move.

I don’t worry about that cause he’s yong an lernin, and I hope he’ll get further game time.
Wasn’t Dalot playing RB against Liverpool? Might have been why Amad’s off ball runs looked better.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We started this trend of slow players on the right wing with the arrival of Mata and it seems to have continued with Amad and Antony. I, personally, like players with a bit of pace and ability to beat their man playing on the wings. I wish we would go for a player with that profile in the next window and give Amad chances through the middle. He does seem to have the guile, the passing, the dribbling and the ability to escape pressure playing that position. Long term don't see him playing on the wings.

luke511

As time goes on we'll see him build more confidence to take players on and take risks with his passing, right now he's in safe mode which is exactly what the side needs in the final third in fairness. I think he'd benefit from having Mainoo on his side of the pitch too, last night he had Wan Bissaka, Casemiro and Mctominay behind him vs Dalot, Maguire and Mainoo on the left, so possession naturally made its way up the left side more often. We won 3-0 with him on the pitch, and played a lovely through ball to Bruno that got caught under his feet, he should be starting on Saturday after that.

flameinthesun

Look I am an Amad fan and was hoping he'd push on from a very good season last season and break into the team. The reality of the situation is that the bar to overtake Antony in the squad is very low and Amad is struggling to do so. If you look at their profiles they actually are very similar players although I'd probably give creative passing to Amad though even that he has not shown as much in his opportunities. The difference is that Antony as it stands provides more than Amad in terms of overall contribution (which again is not even that good). Antony is better defensively, I'd say they both are very good at retaining the ball (as bad as Antony is in terms of attacking he is good at keeping the ball under pressure).

The reality is that Garnacho provides more than both on the right and even he for me shouldn't be a first 11 right winger for us (he should be moved back to the left to fight it out for that position). Neither Antony nor Amad have lit up the right side and we need to do better. As talented as Amad potentially is we have been in this position many many times with young players who are talented but end up not being able to translate that to the first team.

Red Rash

We started this trend of slow players on the right wing with the arrival of Mata and it seems to have continued with Amad and Antony. I, personally, like players with a bit of pace and ability to beat their man playing on the wings. I wish we would go for a player with that profile in the next window and give Amad chances through the middle. He does seem to have the guile, the passing, the dribbling and the ability to escape pressure playing that position. Long term don't see him playing on the wings.
Is he really that slow? Not saying he is Garnacho level but I think he is significantly faster than someone like Mata.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we're switching to possession system then I hope he stays as an actual squad player and not just a token appearance here and there.

He seems good with the ball

zapp

I don't think he's slow. He was moving at quite a clip in the run up to his goal against Liverpool. Box to box very quickly or so it appeared.

Do hope he gets more chances. Just think it won't happen under ETH.

Smores

Look I am an Amad fan and was hoping he'd push on from a very good season last season and break into the team. The reality of the situation is that the bar to overtake Antony in the squad is very low and Amad is struggling to do so. If you look at their profiles they actually are very similar players although I'd probably give creative passing to Amad though even that he has not shown as much in his opportunities. The difference is that Antony as it stands provides more than Amad in terms of overall contribution (which again is not even that good). Antony is better defensively, I'd say they both are very good at retaining the ball (as bad as Antony is in terms of attacking he is good at keeping the ball under pressure).

The reality is that Garnacho provides more than both on the right and even he for me shouldn't be a first 11 right winger for us (he should be moved back to the left to fight it out for that position). Neither Antony nor Amad have lit up the right side and we need to do better. As talented as Amad potentially is we have been in this position many many times with young players who are talented but end up not being able to translate that to the first team.
That's an incredibly impatient viewpoint. He's barely played and he's already had a very important contribution.

The lads back from a long term injury having not played football for a long time and what you're expecting a goal or an assist per game? He's finding his feet, hopefully he gets a run of starts or at least extended minutes then we'll see.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That's an incredibly impatient viewpoint. He's barely played and he's already had a very important contribution.

The lads back from a long term injury having not played football for a long time and what you're expecting a goal or an assist per game? He's finding his feet, hopefully he gets a run of starts or at least extended minutes then we'll see.
Yeah saying Antony provides more when Antony has a whopping 1 goal and 1 assist with 10x the minutes is just strange.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Think it's too early to fully judge him, but as he is starting to get minutes, I'm not sure I've seen anything to suggest he is the 'answer' to our problems out wide. He's very much a Mata/Silva type, has a lovely touch and good at interplay but in our modern history we've not really thrived with that type of winger at United. I think we look far more dangerous with Garancho on the right wing, for example, because he can beat a man and does consistently.

Amad's best role would probably be more what Bruno does. Which would be useful, if Bruno ever missed a minute of football. Which he doesn't.

The Substitute

Not an all star performance last game, but he surely makes our overall game click better, and I do believe that's the biggest deficiency of this team, so I really hope we start using him.
The team doesn't need another solo hero flair player, we need glue.

luke511

Southampton wanted Amad in January, so Wilcox will be well aware of his talent. I’m sure he won’t be too impressed by Ten Hag’s obvious favouritism either.

Red Rash

Ten Hag might have the worst talent ID I’ve ever seen from a manager. Imagine relentlessly starting the RW YOU signed for 80m even when he doesn’t have a single goal in the league.
He paid so much for Antony that he's trying to play him into form. In my opinion Amad should be given the chance but ETH doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

Dan_F

This treatment is actually disgraceful at this point
Stop it. Bar the goal against Liverpool against an absolutely knackered defence, I’m failing to see why people are bothered about him starting. We should have thrown on Wheatley when Hojlund came off.

Nick7

Another game where he does feck all. Would like to see him start I guess to see if he can do more from the start.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is what a lot of us said would happen. Thrown on in yet another chaotic game, fails to impress because everything is a mess, and that's then used as justification for not starting him.

He's not someone who's going to come on and singlehandedly change our fortunes. However, with a chance of a run as a starter where he finds his rhythm and gels with other starters, he could bring a better balance to our team for the remainder of the season.

I've always said he's not a generational talent, and his limit is probably a squad player here if he reaches his potential, but he's still a good player who, in my opinion, deserves a run in the team because it's not as if we're playing well enough to warrant the refusal to freshen things up.