Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Fluctuation0161

Yep, I’ve got no confidence in it, just hope.

You seem quite reasonable, do you feel certain that Depp hasn’t done the most serious things he was accused of? The wine bottle sexual assault for example? That’s the bit that horrifies me, the idea that he could have done all that and got away with it, and there’s simply a lack of evidence rather than a lack of truth. I’m coming from the viewpoint that I really really hope she WAS lying, because the alternative is so much worse.
Agreed, that would be horrible. But I doubt it is the case.

But if I was on the jury I would've made a similar verdict. Too many lies, too much evidence showing her as being dominant in the relationship.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

You seem quite reasonable, do you feel certain that Depp hasn’t done the most serious things he was accused of? The wine bottle sexual assault for example? That’s the bit that horrifies me, the idea that he could have done all that and got away with it, and there’s simply a lack of evidence rather than a lack of truth. I’m coming from the viewpoint that I really really hope she WAS lying, because the alternative is so much worse.
I honestly don't think so. I was on the receiving end of very similar accusations whilst actually being abused, and it went pretty much the same way. The lies, the lack of evidence and the shear contempt for real victims all shone through.

So in my personal experience of all this, reading the signs I've lived through, I don't think he did anything like that. She'd have the evidence, she'd be able to tell the story in her own words just like I and every real victim has/had to. Do I believe he's innocent of everything? No, my opinion hasn't changed on that they both should be under a rock. But she clearly has lied about so much, and that statement straight after has angered me because she's doubling down and hurting real victims.

He's a drunken fool, she's straight up sociopathic.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I did see somewhere that one of her former friends/employees said that she pretty much stole their story for that.

R'hllor

I'm far from her biggest defender but both would have Statements prepared by their PR company for any and all outcomes.
Oh sure just if i was here, would like to express myself after such moment, would sound more honest, this way is just fake win or lose.

sport2793

So are they both guilty?
Nope it's a massive victory for Johnny, the only victory Amber Heard got was with regards to some statement by one of Johnny's lawyers in the Daily Mail that claimed that Heard conspired with her friends to call 911 and frame Johnny Depp for property damage or something of that sort. Doesn't have anything to do with the heart of the domestic violence claims or the Heard op-ed.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we wake up to news in the coming weeks that she’s committed suicide.

Financially ruined. Career ruined and universally hated. I can see only one outcome from this.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I honestly don't care, I was just curious about the jury members. I've got to be careful with what I say with the Captain Sparrow wankers around...
What are you going on about?

If you think she lost because of a mostly male jury just say so. But more women on that jury clearly won't have helped her, she's not popular with women who give a shit about domestic abuse.

ChaddyP

She's actually evil.

What a bizzare statement. Pivoting to this being a free speech issue only cements why she lost in the first time place. You can't just say what you want and get away with it.