Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In fairness don’t you think it was a logical stance to take. Although in hindsight clearly incorrect.
There is taking a stance and there is believing it to be gospel, as if a verdict (this one included tbh) from a trial is the absolute truth and that you cannot allow yourself an opinion after that.

DON’T PANIC ™

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we wake up to news in the coming weeks that she’s committed suicide.

Financially ruined. Career ruined and universally hated. I can see only one outcome from this.
My wife said the same thing.
Obviously, I hope not. Clearly needs help.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Hmm I would have thought at least some women would queasy in disregarding at least the domestic violence claim.
Difficult... moreso because of the evidence in the matter.... the audio tapes, particularly the one where she is taunting Depp saying no one would believe him as being a victim, her physically assaulting him and telling him to grow up and the lies the continued lying in court and then doubling down on the lies..... really hard to sympathise with her and believe her.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Mate, I’m very sorry to hear that you had to go through that, I feel for you.

I suppose deep down I just struggle to believe that someone would make those accusations without substance (or at the very least it’s exceptionally unlikely), but perhaps that’s a naive viewpoint from me.
It is, but then that makes you human. Because it should be hard to even conceive of someone doing that to the man she was supposed to love and has two beautiful boys with, but she did. And for a time she was believed despite all my evidence, even to this day some of her family believes her despite me winning in no time and having permanent custody of the boys (and believe me, that's not an easy thing to do at all especially as a father). But the mind is such an odd thing, who knows why we do the fecked up things we do sometimes.

Again I'll say obviously none of us know for sure. But for me, as soon as she hit the stand and spoke with her scripted words and jury baiting, it just wasn't real and close to home. That of course doesn't mean all women lie, I'm still firmly in the listen to every single person who comes out camp (not necessarily believe straight away though), but it shows anyone can be that evil. Even beautiful movie stars.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There is taking a stance and there is believing it to be gospel, as if a verdict (this one included tbh) from a trial is the absolute truth and that you cannot allow yourself an opinion after that.
Fair point. I’ll admit that UK verdict added a significant amount of weight for me.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I really do take issue, though, with this trail of thought. It fundamentally undermines the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I’m not talking about this case or anything specific. But just generally. If you worry about or question every not guilty verdict because they might actually be and have gotten away with it, that’s a super slippery slope, because you set an inherent subconscious bias to look for reasons to find someone guilty which goes against that fundamental principle. The burden to provide evidence of an allegation must lie with the person who makes it.

And in cases such as rape, for example, that’s obviously tricky because evidence is often hard to come by. And so in such cases, I grapple with it and it’s very very difficult. But it’s that very reason that I find what Amber did in this case particular bothersome, because to me it has made rape cases harder to argue as a whole. Which is such a huge shame on an already challenging subject.
This is generally where I stand on these issues too.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Ugh, not sure how I feel about that

As long as people know that men being abuse victims in a relationship is still considerably less than women

Reminds me of that all lives matter bs
It's fine I think, could be worse, could be #Meninist. Think either way there would have been drastic reactions.

Suv666

She's actually evil.
The audacity
She's the one who weponised the MeToo movement for her selfish reason and set back the clock a decade.
Women who go through real trauma and abuse will have a hard time now because of this shitshow.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
@arnie_ni

I said that because the die-hard Depp fans take any question as an attack. I don't support Amber at all... There were 2 female jury members and I just wanted to check that.

Thanks also for cutting the first part of my statement Manchester Evening News style.

Balljy

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we wake up to news in the coming weeks that she’s committed suicide.

Financially ruined. Career ruined and universally hated. I can see only one outcome from this.
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, she'll need some decent friends around her for a while. The next few months are going to be pretty horrendous for her. From what I saw of the trial the constant lies would have swayed the jury.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It is, but then that makes you human. Because it should be hard to even conceive of someone doing that to the man she was supposed to love and has two beautiful boys with, but she did. And for a time she was believed despite all my evidence, even to this day some of her family believes her despite me winning in no time and having permanent custody of the boys (and believe me, that's not an easy thing to do at all especially as a father). But the mind is such an odd thing, who knows why we do the fecked up things we do sometimes.

Again I'll say obviously none of us know for sure. But for me, as soon as she hit the stand and spoke with her scripted words and jury baiting, it just wasn't real and close to home. That of course doesn't mean all women lie, I'm still firmly in the listen to every single person who comes out camp (not necessarily believe straight away though), but it shows anyone can be that evil. Even beautiful movie stars.
As a divorced dad with a not great but not awful relationship with my ex I absolutely understand how difficult it is for a man to get anything even vaguely approaching a genuinely fair and equitable outcome when kids are involved. I can’t imagine how much more difficult that becomes with accusations of abuse hanging over you too. You seem like you’ve come out the other side of that experience and massive respect to you for achieving that- I bet there are an absolute ton of people who’ve never been able to.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Was thinking about this watching her live earlier. She has a baby to care for and hopefully some good people around her, and somehow can manage to start over away from Hollywood.