Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Sviken

Once you lose 650m...
He gets insane amount of residues every year from Pirates and I would assume 21 Jump Street. So long as he doesn't spend absurdly big, he'll never have money problems. And even if he does, he can always roll back on his spending. From what I heard, many of his financial difficulties came because of Amber.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He gets insane amount of residues every year from Pirates and I would assume 21 Jump Street. So long as he doesn't spend absurdly big, he'll never have money problems. And even if he does, he can always roll back on his spending. From what I heard, many of his financial difficulties came because of Amber.
That's without mentioning all the possible he has made in various businesses tbh, unless he was with his money, he won't ever run out

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It's because you are normal and sane. She clearly isn't and it can be hard to comprehend why she did what she did.
I suppose that’s a good way of looking at it. Behaviour that seems inconceivably awful to me unfortunately doesn’t mean it’s beyond the scope of another person.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I had r/Deuxmoi open when the Verdict was delivered (before that went private) I can still see the thread on the app.

Here are some of the comments.

"I hope the jury never knows peace. It’s clear they were influenced by social media AND didn’t take it seriously bc they just wanted to get it over with

Amber looked so gutted. I’m so heartbroken for her. I hope she appeals"

"The jury should have been fully sequestered the entire time. There was no way to escape this case.

No matter what side you’re on. Bias in a jury is massive and when every video on TikTok, YouTube or Twitter is talking about this, it’s inevitable you are going to be influenced."

"It’s the fact that the jury weren’t sequestered and were obviously influenced by public opinion….. wow"

"This just goes to show how absolutely fecking stupid the average American is. They have just taken away freedom of speech for any survivors of abuse. I am sick to my stomach over this. This was trial by social media."

"a bunch of fecking racist redneck men on that jury"

"Can I just say--what people on Depp's side want is a scorched Earth policy in terms of DV where the lower power party has to get unprecedented amounts of evidence to just prove they were abused and the side that is the most ruthless and DARVO wins. This is all this is tbh.

Also let me bet something: domestic violence is going to spike up in the next days. Months. Years, really."

The predominant theory seems to be that the jury was influenced by the social media circus.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
The people saying that the clock has been set back completely ignores the fact that some of Depps lawyers were women, the judge was a woman, there were women on the jury and there are millions of women around the world who are condemning Amber. This is not a case of the white man using their power to silence women, and to take this stance is also just shitting on all the women in the world who quite frankly just disagree with her on what this means and what should happen. It's insulting to those women to even infer that they don't care about sexual assault claims and progressing on that issue. Are none of those women feminists also, capable of their own logical thoughts but just sheeple and only those within r/deuxmoi have correct and caring opinions?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Are none of those women feminists also, capable of their own logical thoughts but just sheeple and only those within r/deuxmoi have correct and caring opinions?
I hadn't heard of the subreddit up until 10 days/ 2 weeks ago when one of the threads was "Hot" on my Reddit app so I wouldn't want to slander them but it seems like they would consider those women to be "Depp Super Fans" or influenced by the "Pro Depp Social Media Campaign".

hobbers

I hadn't heard of the subreddit up until 10 days/ 2 weeks ago when one of the threads was "Hot" on my Reddit app so I wouldn't want to slander them but it seems like they would consider those women to be "Depp Super Fans" or influenced by the "Pro Depp Social Media Campaign".
Or that they must have internalised Deppsogyny

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
What an insulting premise towards women that would be. Spend decades campaigning for women to be taken seriously only to disregard them as incapable of their own thoughts if they don't agree with you.

Last edited:

Tiber

She will have to learn the difference between a pledge and payment now

Tiber

Jury was 5 men and 2 women! How did Heard's lawyers let that happen?
Only followed it on social media, so maybe that isn't reflective but Heard seems to have done a remarkable job turning women against her throughout this trial.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Or that they must have internalised Deppsogyny
Kind of.

What an insulting premise towards women that would be. Spend decades campaigning for women to be taken seriously only to disregard them as capable of their own thoughts if they don't agree with you.
In response to this

"All of the jury was men?"

The most upvoted comment was this:

"It doesn't matter when misogyny is internalized. When women take a stance against other women that accuses another man, that women gets attention from men."

I'm sure there are plenty of Misogynistic tweets and horrible things being said on the Pro Depp side (and that they will be published here soon) on various platforms but it's interesting to see what was being said before it went private.

clarkydaz

I couldn’t agree more.

Absolute nutter who probably needs a suspended sentence/ prison time. Its that serious.
ive been bounching between terrified of her and fascinated at the same time. The amount of setups planned, the crap evidence, barefaced lying on the spot with the whole world watching without a flinch, to the over acting. Her best bet is plead insanity

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Kind of.

In response to this

"All of the jury was men?"

The most upvoted comment was this:

"It doesn't matter when misogyny is internalized. When women take a stance against other women that accuses another man, that women gets attention from men."

I'm sure there are plenty of Misogynistic tweets and horrible things being said on the Pro Depp side (and that they will be published here soon) on various platforms but it's interesting to see what was being said before it went private.
Well when Shamans finds a pin and pops himself out of that bubble, I'm sure he can update us on the goings on in there.

Tibs

Just a quick one to say YYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Justice for Johnny

Withnail

Only followed it on social media, so maybe that isn't reflective but Heard seems to have done a remarkable job turning women against her throughout this trial.
It's been said earlier that women fair better with male jurors in these type of cases. It might be counter intuitive but studies have shown that women can be less likely to empathise with female victims for some reason.

the_cliff

It's been said earlier that women fair better with male jurors in these type of cases. It might be counter intuitive but studies have shown that women can be less likely to empathise with female victims for some reason.
I think most women smell her bullshit from a mile away.

Tiber

Maybe they just don't believe her.

I have no idea what went on behind closed doors. But some of her testimony was bonkers, blaming her own lawyers for holding back key evidence, claiming a multi million pledge is exactly the same thing as actually paying it, dragging Kate Moss into it?

Withnail

Maybe they just don't believe her.

I have no idea what went on behind closed doors. But some of her testimony was bonkers, blaming her own lawyers for holding back key evidence, claiming a multi million pledge is exactly the same thing as actually paying it, dragging Kate Moss into it?
Oh she absolutely wasn't believable at all. Sorry, I suppose my point was more towards the post you replied to which expressed surprise that there were more men than women on the jury, rather than yours.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't think the money is of any importance to Depp, so it doesn't really matter.
I don't think it was ever about the money, or even winning for him. It was more about exposing her for what she is. He knew if he could make her look worse than him, he would get his career back and maybe stop hers like she had done to him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
That's outrageous but if she's truly deluded, it's to be expected.
I think Trump has shown that if you double down on your lie your fanbase will embrace it. Why? Because many people think that if they feel strong emotions then the statement must be true.

I read about this in a transcript from an interview with a former military officer who worked in propaganda. People think that if that if a statement elicits a strong emotional response, there must be truth in it. Of course that's not how emotions work, but i think we all find it a bit strange that when we first fall in love with someone that this has absolutely no effect on them! Yet it's like the world changes for us.

In fact, if I understand correctly, in ancient Greece, an argument was considered valid if it elicited this emotional response, they called the art of this sort of argument "rhetoric". Socrates argued that it wasn't valid and we needed to go by logic instead.

stevoc

All women secretly hate each other.

fallengt

Glad that sitcom finally over. I'll miss it but I do not wish for season 2.

Had fun chatting with you fellow Deppo's bots

NotThatSoph

I try and look at these things in the round. We all weren’t there and we don’t know what happened. Credibility is hugely important in these scenarios. And if what she’s saying happened it absolutely is horrific. But the issue is, if it did happen, one of the reasons she lost the case was because she lost her credibility. And you can put that down to bad vs good lawyers and maybe that was a factor. But it’s also because the reality also was that in the round of evidence, there just simply wasn’t anything to really cling to believe it happened; not least also because besides the evidence, she presented herself in a way that eroded trust in her. Which undoubtedly played a factor in the conclusion.

As for Depp, no one should be running around painting him as a saint. However, it’d also be an injustice to hold what she alleged now plays against him. Because it’s that conclusion that I think is against the fundamental principle of our justice systems.
How? Innocent until proven guilty is for the courts, not society, and insofar as it's a principle for people to follow it doesn't mean to blindly follow what the court says, but that you should weigh up the evidence. This case is decided by balance of probabilities, which is the standard most people use except in situations where you want to be more cautius (if you're hiring a babysitter for your child you probably won't accept someone accused of pedophilia even if the chances of it being true are exceedingly low). It's possible, for instance, that the jury found it difficult to decide, landing on a 51-49 in Depp's favour. If that's the case, then someone who judges the case almost exactly the same could reasonably think that Depp is guilty. If you believe that someone is guilty then you'll treat them as guilty, that 7 people on a jury disagree won't change that. According to juries Al Capone is guilty of no more than tax fraud, but we know that's not true. OJ is, according to the legal principle of innocent until proven guilty, treated as innocent in the eyes of the law of murdering his wife. We know he did it, though, and it's not an injustice or against any fundamental principle to create Boardwalk Empire or to utter the famous phrase "OJ did it". We know that both of these people are murderers and that Capone was a mobster.

This is meant generally. If it's completely unreasonable to believe that Depp is guilty then you shouldn't believe that he's guilty, but not because of any legal decision.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
How? Innocent until proven guilty is for the courts, not society, and insofar as it's a principle for people to follow it doesn't mean to blindly follow what the court says, but that you should weigh up the evidence. This case is decided by balance of probabilities, which is the standard most people use except in situations where you want to be more cautius (if you're hiring a babysitter for your child you probably won't accept someone accused of pedophilia even if the chances of it being true are exceedingly low). It's possible, for instance, that the jury found it difficult to decide, landing on a 51-49 in Depp's favour. If that's the case, then someone who judges the case almost exactly the same could reasonably think that Depp is guilty. If you believe that someone is guilty then you'll treat them as guilty, that 7 people on a jury disagree won't change that. According to juries Al Capone is guilty of no more than tax fraud, but we know that's not true. OJ is, according to the legal principle of innocent until proven guilty, treated as innocent in the eyes of the law of murdering his wife. We know he did it, though, and it's not an injustice or against any fundamental principle to create Boardwalk Empire or to utter the famous phrase "OJ did it". We know that both of these people are murderers and that Capone was a mobster.

This is meant generally. If it's completely unreasonable to believe that Depp is guilty then you shouldn't believe that he's guilty, but not because of any legal decision.
That's not actually true is it? That wasn't the jury's decision.

But I do agree in general that we need to be careful. It's pretty clear watching Heard on the stand that Depp had a point here and that she was lying about a lot, but that doesn't absolve him of his wrongs. Though personally, I don't believe at all it sank to the depths she claimed.