Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What are you going on about?

If you think she lost because of a mostly male jury just say so. But more women on that jury clearly won't have helped her, she's not popular with women who give a shit about domestic abuse.
I don't... Like I said I was just curious about the jury members. Seems like any question at all is taken very personally.

hobbers

Depp on a piss up in Newcastle, Heard crying about muh free speech. What a nice end.

Very classy statement from Depp's camp as well, even a bit of latin. Showboating.

UpWithRivers

Is it me or is 15 mill nothing. 2 mill back to Amber + legal fees especially is she appeals and that's not a lot left. Considering roles that he missed out on that would have made him much more it doesn't seem a just amount. She will just pay from the money she pledged/donated to Charity

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I honestly don't think so. I was on the receiving end of very similar accusations whilst actually being abused, and it went pretty much the same way. The lies, the lack of evidence and the shear contempt for real victims all shone through.

So in my personal experience of all this, reading the signs I've lived through, I don't think he did anything like that. She'd have the evidence, she'd be able to tell the story in her own words just like I and every real victim has/had to. Do I believe he's innocent of everything? No, my opinion hasn't changed on that they both should be under a rock. But she clearly has lied about so much, and that statement straight after has angered me because she's doubling down and hurting real victims.

He's a drunken fool, she's straight up sociopathic.
Mate, I’m very sorry to hear that you had to go through that, I feel for you.

I suppose deep down I just struggle to believe that someone would make those accusations without substance (or at the very least it’s exceptionally unlikely), but perhaps that’s a naive viewpoint from me.

cyberman

What a bizzare statement. Pivoting to this being a free speech issue only cements why she lost in the first time place. You can't just say what you want and get away with it.
Doesn’t make sense when she is counter suing for defamation!
Edit it’s easy to pivot this to few speech and not lying about abuse. That’ll be her line from here on in

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
#MenToo is trending worldwide.
Ugh, not sure how I feel about that

As long as people know that men being abuse victims in a relationship is still considerably less than women

Reminds me of that all lives matter bs

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Is it me or is 15 mill nothing. 2 mill back to Amber + legal fees especially is she apeals and thats not a lot left. Considering roles that he missed out on that would have made him much more it doesnt seem a just amount
It was never about the money for him, it was always an unlikely win.

But he's now got everything he wanted and more. Thanks to her blatantly lying to the jury's faces.

hobbers

Is it me or is 15 mill nothing. 2 mill back to Amber + legal fees especially is she apeals and thats not a lot left. Considering roles that he missed out on that would have made him much more it doesnt seem a just amount
It's not much compared to the potential in two more Fantastic Beasts films and two more Pirates films. But from Heard's point of view, if she ever has to pay the full amount here it will bankrupt her. She's not very wealthy at all.

dove

She won't be able to pay that anyway as she doesn't have that amount of money. Anyway, I don't think Depp really cares much about the money won, it was always more about clearing his name and of course destroying Heard.

Ahmer Baig

What a bizzare statement. Pivoting to this being a free speech issue only cements why she lost in the first time place. You can't just say what you want and get away with it.
Did you see the comments below her tweet. Amazing.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't... Like I said I was just curious about the jury members. Seems like any question at all is taken very personally.

Every post you have made here is more bitter than Amber's statement.

Are you paying the damages for her?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Those who used the UK trial as bulletproof to Amber's claims have now an egg on their face
In fairness don’t you think it was a logical stance to take. Although in hindsight clearly incorrect.

CloneMC16

Her statement talks about freedom of speech, but locks the comments to followers only. Ironic.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Well yeah surely for every abusive relationship, the women being the victim is far, far more common. I’m not saying it’s 100% or anything but it skews very heavily I would suggest

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yep, I’ve got no confidence in it, just hope.

You seem quite reasonable, do you feel certain that Depp hasn’t done the most serious things he was accused of? The wine bottle sexual assault for example? That’s the bit that horrifies me, the idea that he could have done all that and got away with it, and there’s simply a lack of evidence rather than a lack of truth. I’m coming from the viewpoint that I really really hope she WAS lying, because the alternative is so much worse.
I really do take issue, though, with this trail of thought. It fundamentally undermines the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I’m not talking about this case or anything specific. But just generally. If you worry about or question every not guilty verdict because they might actually be and have gotten away with it, that’s a super slippery slope, because you set an inherent subconscious bias to look for reasons to find someone guilty which goes against that fundamental principle. The burden to provide evidence of an allegation must lie with the person who makes it.

And in cases such as rape, for example, that’s obviously tricky because evidence is often hard to come by. And so in such cases, I grapple with it and it’s very very difficult. But it’s that very reason that I find what Amber did in this case particular bothersome, because to me it has made rape cases harder to argue as a whole. Which is such a huge shame on an already challenging subject.