Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't see what is vindictive or stalkerish about passing judgement on one person's continued obsession with someone he doesn't know and has no relation to, to the point of hoping they commit a crime so they end up in prison .
:lol: This is highly amusing. You all spend years joking about and mocking public figures like Trump. Yet Amber Heard who is also a celebrity (albeit a minor one before this) who has been part of one of the most high profile trials in history, is suddenly portrayed as "someone you don't know and have no relation to". fecksake.

Drainy

Judgment hearing is today, by the sounds of it. Don't think it's televised, but things will probably kick off.

Potentially an appeal, injunctions etc.

Outside chance for sanctions motions too, which would be spicy.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
:lol: This is highly amusing. You all spend years joking about and mocking public figures like Trump. Yet Amber Heard who is also a celebrity (albeit a minor one before this) who has been part of one of the most high profile trials in history, is suddenly portrayed as "someone you don't know and have no relation to". fecksake.
I think there's a slight difference here given the fervour with which some people are posting about her/the subject. Also Amber Heard has never held public office.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think there's a slight difference here given the fervour with which some people are posting about her/the subject. Also Amber Heard has never held public office.
There is? People don't post with fervor on other public figures? Okay then.

Yeah the last line doesn't matter. You don't automatically have to attack or mock a public figure just because they hold a public figure.

MichaelRed

There is? People don't post with fervor on other public figures? Okay then.

Yeah the last line doesn't matter. You don't automatically have to attack or mock a public figure just because they hold a public figure.
He keeps updating his list of requirements. First it was you had to be related to her or personally know her, then he added that you can also have an opinion on her if you're one of the jury members, now you can hold an opinion on her if she holds a public office. If Amber ever becomes president he'll add the stipulation that we can't have opinions on her until she wins the FA Cup ffs.

Jotun

No, she may not have held a public office, but she is still a public figure and she used her public image with false allegations to destroy Depp's livelihood and image and to further improve her livelihood and public image. But it's not just that she lied about being abused, about being victim, it's the fact that she was usually the instigator and abusive party.

But the worst things is not the damage she has done to Depp's career, the worst thing is the damage she has done to all the abused women. Next time, some abused women comes out, a lot of the responses will be: "What if she's lying, like Amber Heard did?".

I don't know who's worse, abusers or people who lie about being abused. Luckily, in this case I don't have to think much, as it looks like that Amber Heard is both.

I also think this case is important to highlight that women abuse too even though it may not (always) be physical abuse.

rhajdu

No, she may not have held a public office, but she is still a public figure and she used her public image with false allegations to destroy Depp's livelihood and image and to further improve her livelihood and public image. But it's not just that she lied about being abused, about being victim, it's the fact that she was usually the instigator and abusive party.

But the worst things is not the damage she has done to Depp's career, the worst thing is the damage she has done to all the abused women. Next time, some abused women comes out, a lot of the responses will be: "What if she's lying, like Amber Heard did?".

I don't know who's worse, abusers or people who lie about being abused. Luckily, in this case I don't have to think much, as it looks like that Amber Heard is both.

I also think this case is important to highlight that women abuse too even though it may not (always) be physical abuse.
Last week I passed the complex exam in developmental psychology so I still remember that according to the researches girls display more relation aggression (e.g. exclusion) than boys while boys display more physical aggression. As far as I am aware the spotlight is mainly on the physical abuse among the adults and it is hardly discussed that woman can be abusers too. So it's still a long way to go.

I also think that some posters here have a strong sense of justice and they might feel that Amber weaponized the #metoo movement to get her revenge. At least that's how I feel. A few years ago in one episode of a local soap opera a woman accused a man of sexual assault which left a strong impression in me. It can happen relatively easily compared to the harm it can do. An average person might also not have the necessary resources to fight back. That's also a problem, I think.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I also think that some posters here have a strong sense of justice and they might feel that Amber weaponized the #metoo movement to get her revenge.
I think that's a much fairer assessment of the reason some posters may feel more interested in the case/ trial than others.

Red Stone

Heardy Gurdy continues to take her loss as poorly as fellow pea in a pod Trumpo took his election loss. She has now asked the judge to throw out the verdict because how can a narcissistic sociopath possibly ever lose? Just the idea of it alone is completely preposterous.

Drainy

Getting interesting with the arguments about money.

Apparently she has two insurers that are in a suit about liability and one has revealed that the other has paid Heard's legal fees in full, which again would mean she perjured herself and also means she still has the Depp divorce money unless it's spaffed up a wall.

Outside of that I saw that she's made a motion to set aside the verdict, which will be unsuccessful and probably will piss off the judge - blaming the court for a clerical error that it was Heard's teams responsiblity to check, which they know is on them, is bad form

MichaelRed

Getting interesting with the arguments about money.

Apparently she has two insurers that are in a suit about liability and one has revealed that the other has paid Heard's legal fees in full, which again would mean she perjured herself and also means she still has the Depp divorce money unless it's spaffed up a wall.

Outside of that I saw that she's made a motion to set aside the verdict, which will be unsuccessful and probably will piss off the judge - blaming the court for a clerical error that it was Heard's teams responsiblity to check, which they know is on them, is bad form
Yup. Tried to claim she didn't give the money to charity because she had to pay legal fees from being sued but her home insurance paid her legal fees. I think she may literally explode if she ever tells the truth.

Drainy

Yup. Tried to claim she didn't give the money to charity because she had to pay legal fees from being sued but her home insurance paid her legal fees. I think she may literally explode if she ever tells the truth.
There was some talk about Elon Musk paying towards the fees as well, do you reckon that she has double dipped?

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Filing for appeal doesn't mean she gets one right? Wouldn't a new judge have to assess whether there is any merit to the appeal?
The judge has already thrown out the "improper jury service" appeal, so I can't see what other errors would be worse than this. So I don't think she's going to get one, she's just clutching at straws at this point. She's still prattling on about not being allowed to speak freely and openly in public. Like she's been cancelled or something. Really, she's just doing anything at this point to deflect from the fact she's been found out. This new appeal on the grounds of "trial errors" is just more gas lighting from everybody's favourite bunny boiler.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Link for the film trailer of anyone's interested, I'm disappointed it wasn't called Heardio V Deppo: Return of the Wrongens

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It's just @Champ and their obsession with the using the nicknames 'Heardio' and 'Deppo'

It'll never be a thing mate!
You gotta love a nickname longer than someone's actual name.

I'm gonna call you HasCuticle from now on in honor of this.