Ancelotti Sacked

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Rumours circulating this lunch time that Carlo Ancelotti has quit (or made to quit) Bayern

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
http://www.espnfc.com/bayern-munich...-germain-defeat-sources?ex_cid=UKSocial_GC_FB

Carlo Ancelotti is set to leave his role as coach at Bayern Munich, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.

The move follows Bayern's 3-0 humbling at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday -- their biggest Champions League group-stage defeat in 21 years.

The news is set to be announced in a news conference on Thursday afternoon.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge warned there would be consequencesfollowing the defeat, with SportBild reporting on Thursday morning that a meeting was due to be held later in the day to discuss Ancelotti's future.

Bayern assistant coach Willy Sagnol could reportedly take over from Ancelotti, who replaced Pep Guardiola as coach in 2016, while former Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel has also been linked with the role.

Ancelotti won the Bundesliga title in his debut season at Bayern, but saw his side knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid at the quarterfinal stage and by Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Pokal semifinals.

A slow start to the new Bundesliga season has seen Bayern lose one and draw one of their opening six games to leave them third in the table.

Shoutout to all the people who said he was an improvement on Guardiola.
Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:
Pep: Bundesliga | German Cup
Carlo: Bundesliga | German Super Cup

Season 2... well we're 6 games in, Ancelotti is just 3 points off top spot so?

The real feck up at Bayern was getting rid of a treble winner in order to bring in Guardiola.

Banat

Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:

The real feck up at Bayern was getting rid of a treble winner in order to bring in Guardiola.
Pep didn't wn much with Bayern, but they were more dangerous and disciplined team with him IMO.
I'm not scared of the current Bayern team and I think we could beat them over 2 legs, however I wouldn't like to face Pep's Bayern.

Pep didn't wn much with Bayern, but they were more dangerous and disciplined team with him IMO.
I'm not scared of the current Bayern team and I think we could beat them over 2 legs, however I wouldn't like to face Pep's Bayern.
Much of that has to do with Robben and Ribery ageing imo. Almost impossible players to replace.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:

Didn't Heynckes retire?

dakingpin1999

Go on bayern get klopp and we can all laugh at liverpool even more and liverpool should get david moyes the chosen one haha

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:

Do you even know what you are talking about? They didn't get rid of Heynckes. In fact they kept trying to renew his contract but he felt underappreciated because of how he was criticised for Bayern getting a losers treble and becoming Never Munchen.

They decided to give Pep the job and Heynckes retired on top.

The Bloody-Nine

Do you even know what you are talking about? They didn't get rid of Heynckes. In fact they kept trying to renew his contract but he felt unappreciated because of how he was criticised for Bayern getting a losers treble and becoming Never Munchen.

They decided to give Pep the job and Heynckes retired on top.
On 16 January 2013, Bayern announced that former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola would replace Heynckes in July 2013.[147] General manager Uli Hoeneß later stated that it was not Heynckes' decision to leave Bayern at the end of the season and was forced by the club's wish to appoint Guardiola.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupp_Heynckes

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Hmmm...

Season 1 honours:

You didn't watch the team much, did you. Under Guardiola, we had a couple, less than 10 or so, disappointing matches (regardless of the result). Under Ancelotti, it was the other way around - fewer than 10 games that *weren't* underwhelming. Not a single player improved under him.

Heynckes was brought in as an interim coach and had initially himself made it clear that he didn't want to extend his contract. He may have changed his mind later, but by then the club had already come to terms with Pep.

The Bloody-Nine

They make a huge show of refusing to pay the market rate for players, then sack their manager when they lose to PSG. Lolz

Brophs

The One and Only
I imagine they called him in, told him he was sacked, to which he replied "Cool", he dropped a quick fist bump or two on them and was already booking flights on his phone as the door closed. Not a single feck given.

Kapardin

Please go after Klopp, the aftermath would just be fantastic.
Klopp seems to want to stay at Liverpool and he has too much respect for Dortmund to go there.

Plus, reports say that players weren't too impressed with Ancelotti's training after experiencing Pep's attention to details. Based on that, I doubt they would now want a coach who has no tactical Plan B and bottled every cup final he's been in since he left Dortmund.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You have lost Lahm and Alonso and Ribery and Robben are getting older, still good, but older. Pep had them in their prime. Muller has been off form. It might take time for the younger players to become great.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Rumours of this happening have been floating around since the summer.

coolredwine

lameredboots
3 points off the top and 1 loss that too to PSG and they go ahead and sack him within a day.

Almost Real Madrid-like.

Baxter

I think they'll have an interim manager until the end of the season then hire Nagelsmann.
Willy Sagnol is apparently the interim choice. I think they'll try for Nagelsmann asap.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What?? Who is available on the same level as Ancelotti?! I've heard rumours they've been interested in the Hoffenheim manager for a while, but he's surely not ready for this jump yet?

Klopp would be funny until you realise that Liverpool could well end up with Ancelotti in that scenario.

R'hllor

Loosing 3:0 is never good but anyone thinks that loosing that much in that fashion against team like PSG hurts more? When i say team like PSG, i mean Bayern`s board view regarding clubs like PSG etc.

I didnt follow affairs in Bayern so maybe this sacking was coming long time ago but without any information, it looks like someone pressed sack button enraged.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
3 points off the top and 1 loss that too to PSG and they go ahead and sack him within a day.

Almost Real Madrid-like.
Anyone who hasn't seen more than one or two matches of our season and pre-season has no idea about the state of our football. It's bad.

Godfather

All that after a game against a side they can't compete with financially? That's a bit dumb sorry