Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Yeah dont duck your head when the shot is about to hit you smack in the face..

This was a freak goal if i ever saw one..

Devil may care

Looked the only one that might provide a decent through pass in the first half, but spent most of his time babysitting Carrick and the CB's.

Ace of Spades

Said it a million times not good enough. Decent player but we need better and goes missing when the chips are down.
He is not just a 'decent' player, and considering he has played well in plenty of big games before, him going missing when the chips are down is nonsense.

It is telling that he makes one mistake and you try to justify your opinion that he is an average player, but when he has been great in a lot of the games you can't admit when you are wrong.

AndyJ1985

Said it a million times not good enough. Decent player but we need better and goes missing when the chips are down.
If he isn't good enough then we are in real trouble, because currently Herrera is one of our most important players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was his first 'bad' game in possibly 4-5 months, and he wasn't that bad. The goal was pure luck. Can't be blamed for the result especially after the kind of running he has been doing the past few weeks
Save it. He only turns up in this thread to tell us how poor Herrera is when he's not had a great game. The last time he was in here untagged was in February. He's been waiting months for this.

Ekeke

Thats the most stupid thing I've seen in a while.

Ander is the one person we've been able to rely on when the chips were down. 1 mistake doesnt change the rest of the season

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Absolutely no one mentioning Herrera was limping massively before the shot? He didn't bust a gut to charge down the shot because he could hardly walk

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
feck me the state of this thread. He made one mistake no he's not good enough.

PepsiCola

He's been one of our best players this season. Was, to an extent, hung out to dry being put in a midfield with carrick and rooney.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I would've liked him to come off after we went 2 down. He was on empty today.

Morpheus 7

feck me the state of this thread. He made one mistake no he's not good enough.
This. He's been our best player so far this season, potential next captain. Bad result, the toys are thrown out of the pram. The same posters slating him would be losing there minds if he is missing on Thursday. This place is a joke after a shit result.

Philadelphian

This. He's been our best player so far this season, potential next captain. Bad result, the toys are thrown out of the pram. The same posters slating him would be losing there minds if he is missing on Thursday. This place is a joke after a shit result.
It's a player performance thread. Not ok to say he didn't have a great day? It's not all about one mistake, which can be excused anyway due to still walking off an injury. He was very average today when he would've been expected to do more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Exactly lol. If that's Chelsea it flies over the bar or our wide for a corner. Sod law for us it loops in like a guided missile.

psychdelicblues

Think he was still shaking off a tough tackle and was just slow to react. He gets a pass considering his consistent work rate.

What I notice is that he looks much much more average without Pogba on the field. That's not the mark of a captain. I like him but he needs legitimate competition for his position.
I'm surprised Neville or the pundits did not pick up on this. He gets a pass from me.

pacifictheme

Yeah but it doesn't happen if he doesn't move. He couldn't jumped and it would have hit him in the chest. It was cowardly, which most footballers are sadly. Paid £100k a week to duck.

So many goals get deflected in off players ducking or turning away.

I think Herrera is a starter fot us next season and beyond, really like him, but that was just cowardly. And it cost us. Yeah it was a fluke, but it doesn't go in if he doesn't turn around.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mourinho on his team selection
“Herrera is one of the guys, like Mkhitaryan and Darmian, had to play today because I want to be fair with Smalling, Rooney, Carrick.

“I cannot put out this team with four or five kids in the line-up so Herrera did fantastically well to play 60 minutes. The goal is an unlucky situation. We had much better opportunities to score and I think the game was totally under control - much more under control than against Man City.

“So I don’t think we deserved to lose this match. But they score, they win and finally I leave this stadium with Arsenal fans happy.”
I think if Fellaini had been available he might have been rested along with Pogba. He had to play, even if it is draining him because Smalling is coming back from injury and Rooney and Carrick bring sod all energy to the team.

el3mel

Rubbish. Just two weeks ago, he completely dominated Chelsea.
People here has no grey zone, either black or white, either the player is legendary or crap.

He doesn't seem to link well with Carrick playing beside him and both makes too defensive midfield. He performs well with Pogba playing with him and taking all the offensive roles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People here has no grey zone, either black or white, either the player is legendary or crap.

He doesn't seem to link well with Carrick playing beside him and both makes too defensive midfield. He performs well with Pogba playing with him and taking all the offensive roles.
Him and Pogba are building a nice partnership. He did work well with Carrick along with Fellaini in a three. I think Carrick was better then. Carrick has dropped off this season unfortunately.

el3mel

Him and Pogba are building a nice partnership. He did work well with Carrick along with Fellaini in a three. I think Carrick was better then. Carrick has dropped off this season unfortunately.
Still needs a third partner with him in both cases, you can't give him all the offensive burdens especially with Carrick beside him. Him and Pogba with a fresh DMF behind them will make a good midfield that complement each other.

Agree on that Carrick part.

acnumber9

A deflected shot can go anywhere. It was unlucky.
He stands up straight and it goes back in the general direction it came from. It's unlucky to go in but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad defending. He didn't want to get hit in the face.

Web of Bissaka

Yup, "be a man" and let it smack your face, potentially risking big damaging injury to the sensitive eyes or serious knock on the head.:p

It strike me as normal body reaction though, it comes so sudden straight to his face and since we all know what kind of player Herrera is, as he doesn't shirk from dangerous tackles et all.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not a good game. It happens.

He was sensational just recently against Chelsea.

We need more midfield options to rotate next season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He stands up straight and it goes back in the general direction it came from. It's unlucky to go in but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad defending. He didn't want to get hit in the face.
Who wants to get hit in the face?

Ban

So suddenly he's not good enough?

Redcafe, I love you. <3

But it came from a poster who doesn't rate any of our players, so it's all good.

Philadelphian

I like Herrera and he stands out in this squad surely. But he disappears without Pogba in the team, which at the very least begs some questions.

And no this first goal has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.