Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Once the shot came, it can go anywhere.

It was amateurish how he defended, but apoarently he was a bit injured. Normally he would come out and pressed him or blocked the shot early.

Sylar

Dont mind him not pressing, but turning his back was a mistake. Was surprised he didnt just stand still or make himself big to try and block it.

Shame because thought he had a decent first half.

Jonno

No just that I'd expect the guy everyone is shouting to be the next captain would raise his game and be able to stand out when he happens to be without Pogba.
You could have put any world class midfielder in Herrera's position today and he would have been overrun. We had a disjointed line up, with 4 players back from 7-8 week injuries, two academy players on the pitch, a semi-retired Rooney and you're laying into Herrera who seems to play every 3 days?

A peak Iniesta would have been overrun with the shite around him.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
We could've already been a goal down before his deflection were it not for a block he gained earlier when tracking back on a goal scoring opportunity.

It's so odd that people talk about fitting him and Pogba into midfield as being a problem...

RAVred

Honestly thought he was up there as possibly our best on field player with tuanzebe.

He was doing everything in midfield... And he was knackered from playing 3-4 matches in a row, he also took a knock before the deflection.

Joses got a hard decision now tbh, rest him or play him in Europa? He'll need to be one of the first to be substituted if he plays vs celta, would be 5 games in a row in a few weeks he started.

Rest of midfield was awful, Juan looked ok but he's really not suited to the style we tried to rely on today, he simply isn't fast enough.

Honestly thought he was up there as possibly our best on field player with tuanzebe.

He was doing everything in midfield... And he was knackered from playing 3-4 matches in a row, he also took a knock before the deflection.

Joses got a hard decision now tbh, rest him or play him in Europa? He'll need to be one of the first to be substituted if he plays vs celta, would be 5 games in a row in a few weeks he started.
He was playing well. Considering he had Carrick and Rooney next to him he was covering a lot of ground and keeping us competent.

The goal was a fluke, nothing more. Watch a replay of almost any player, they will all turn their back to a long range shot like that. It's a natural reaction.

He absolutely has to play against Celta Vigo.

RAVred

He was playing well. Considering he had Carrick and Rooney next to him he was covering a lot of ground and keeping us competent.

The goal was a fluke, nothing more. Watch a replay of almost any player, they will all turn their back to a long range shot like that. It's a natural reaction.

He absolutely has to play against Celta Vigo.
I agree we need him vs Celta...

The only thing is hes tired as feck from the second half, hes literally played 5 games in a row. But the problem is who covers for him? If TFM wasnt injured it was a perfect day to rest Herrera today.

Footyislife

How would getting his face smashed in by the ball help us? I'm glad he ducked. It was a fluke goal. Things like that happen in football. If you are good enough team it shouldn't make a difference. If anything De Gea should have saved it period. He didn't judge the flight of the ball and reacted too late.

RedPnutz

People are nuts. A deflected goal is pretty random but suddenly he is not brave and not good enough, even after all his work in the previous match.

I would like to see how many internet warriors here stick their face out to block the shots.

Forum is full of fecking idiots when we lose or draw a game it is unbelievable.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People are nuts. A deflected goal is pretty random but suddenly he is not brave and not good enough, even after all his work in the previous match.

I would like to see how many internet warriors here stick their face out to block the shots.

Forum is full of fecking idiots when we lose or draw a game it is unbelievable.
The only one in our team stupid enough to that is Phil Jones who would then be out for 6 months with concussion.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I think he spent the entire game fouling or being fouled or pretending to be fouled.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking wasted playing the number 6 role, need him higher up the pitch

Devil may care

My MOTM, worked his arse off in a role that required him to curb his natural game and just work like a trojan.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
His comments post match were outstanding.

What a legend. He is what Manchester United is about. So much respect for him.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Asked about Zlatan. Reminds the interviewer there are others injured not just Zlatan and wishes all our injured team mates well one by one.

He needs to be captain. Not just that moment this season he has thrived under pressure.

Ace of Spades

He was the only one who was mentally strong when the pressure was on. Drew fouls at the end by making sure he was positioned right and did not panic.

Sylar

Need him fresh and ready for the final. Hes a snide fecker isnt he? But hes ours and at times, does whats needed.
Next season, Id like to see a midfield three of him, Pogba and somebody holding behind them. Herrera pressing higher up the pitch helps the team out moreso in terms of transitioning into attack.

criticalanalysis

Was only able to watch the 2nd half but how many brilliant first time/well timed forward passes did he play only for it end up being feck all by our incompetent attack?

Saying that, on the BT coverage Owen correctly pointed out he came out rushing to close down a player on the edge of the box when he should have stayed in front of his man..the one who scored.

Decent half from him of what I saw.

Water Melon

Credits to Ander to say that they will be playing the final not just for Zlatan, but all the injured players. A captain material indeed.

Inter Yer Nan

Still think his pure ability gets underrated. We focus on his passion, commitment, energy etc; but he is always creating space and putting the lads in for good chances just we've got no bottle in front of goal. He may have close to Fabregas assist levels in Chelsea's side.

Frank Grimes

Still think his pure ability gets underrated. We focus on his passion, commitment, energy etc; but he is always creating space and putting the lads in for good chances just we've got no bottle in front of goal. He may have close to Fabregas assist levels in Chelsea's side.
Fabregas is an assist machine, Herrera will never reach those levels as he doesn't have that level of passing ability, very few do. I do agree he can be a lot more creative when further forward though and can get his share of assists.

Also feel he needs a 2 week rest before final, did fine last night but he looks tired.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@ivaldo you need to take your Herrera blinkers off buddy. Goes missing when we need leaders, yes decent little player and well worth a place in the squad but we need better eventually if we are to compete in the champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.