Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Favourite player in the squad.
Aye, I can assume he's also fast becoming a lot of other peoples too.

How committed he is and how he talks about the club, the past etc. Seems fairly knowledgeable too and speaks really well. Never causes any trouble and gives his all out there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jose has definitely lit a fire inside him this year. Under LVG he seemed more calm but timid at times, but now he's charging around like a man possessed. Having him and Pogba doing the leg with a proper CDM will be very hard to break down.

Parma Dewol

Absolutely love this guy. Shows so much character on the field. Should be the first name on the team sheet each week.

Womp

idiot
Aye, I can assume he's also fast becoming a lot of other peoples too.

How committed he is and how he talks about the club, the past etc. Seems fairly knowledgeable too and speaks really well. Never causes any trouble and gives his all out there.
Became my favourite player when we scored that goal and he jumped up on the sideline basically breaking the bench by banging on it from his happiness, last season I believe it was. :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Became my favourite player when we scored that goal and he jumped up on the sideline basically breaking the bench by banging on it from his happiness, last season I believe it was. :lol:
Aye, i remember that :lol:

I wanted us to sign him since the day Bilboa gave us a beating at Old Trafford.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Jose has definitely lit a fire inside him this year. Under LVG he seemed more calm but timid at times, but now he's charging around like a man possessed. Having him and Pogba doing the leg with a proper CDM will be very hard to break down.
I think Herrera is someone who naturally has that fire inside him and is someone who tends to approach games passionately. LvG wanted a more robotic approach from team and that was harming Herrera. Jose has facilitated Herrera's natural game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

For the Times subscribers amongst us. Henry Winter on Herrera being a leader without an armband.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Schweinsteigers goal against Watford.

That desire to win and emotion is exactly what many pro's don't have. You know it isn't fake either, he genuinely enjoys it. I would always pick him as you know he will always give 100% with that attitude.

UDontMessWith24

He's had a baffling amount of doubters in here his first two years at the club with a few saying he "isn't United quality". Surely no doubters remain?

Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is it possible to see distance covered stats for our players over the course of the season or on a game by game basis? This guy is absolutely everywhere. Fantastic at winning back possession high up the pitch and coordinating those around him to do the same.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still not convinced fully can't quite put my finger on it though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just highlights even more how horribly miss-managed he was in his first 2 seasons, we never saw the drive in midfield he's shown under Jose in 2 years under LVG

Witchking

If you remove your finger out of your arse, you might be able to put a finger on it.

On a serious note, what convincing do you require? He is the engine of the team. United requires him to be a starter if this has to be a decent season for the club He is a classy passer of the ball and does go in rashly in to tackles but that's just who he is.

thepolice123

Thought he was very poor today. His passing was terrible. Probably due tiredness. He's played almost every game for us this season.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought he was brilliant. He is so important for the team with his energy and pressing, even when he doesn't contribute offensively

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sorry, noticed something about your posts. Which players in our team do you fancy?

No hard feelings.
You do wonder when the lad is going to tire. His running is relentless. He wasn't stellar tonight, but my god he puts the effort in and that can help carry a team along.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This was his poorest game in some time and he was still pretty decent. I'm not sure what else you need from him. The distance he covers, the amount of ball he wins for us, saw his passing ability today for the ball to Bailey, he's brilliant.

Devil may care

I love me some Ander but I thought he was poor on the ball tonight, he's set the bar high for himself this season and I thought this was arguably his poorest performance,

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His pressing was very important today, kept providing the team with energy when we needed it most and kept the team on the front foot .

Not at his best but vital in ensuring game remained in our control and we didn't get overwhelmed by Palace after their goal.

Witchking

There was nothing wrong with Herrera tonight. He needs players who can run ahead of him. He worked hard tonight, misplaced a couple but so did Pogba. He is captain material and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Absolutely essential for United that this guy keeps playing.

Bebe

Won the ball back a lot but more erratic than usual today. He's one of a few in the squad who might be feeling the effects of so much playing time right now.

ZDwyr

Wasn't at his best but considering how much he's played the last week I am more than willing to let it slide.

dichinero

His pressing was very important today, kept providing the team with energy when we needed it most and kept the team on the front foot .

Not at his best but vital in ensuring game remained in our control and we didn't get overwhelmed by Palace after their goal.
There was nothing wrong with Herrera tonight. He needs players who can run ahead of him. He worked hard tonight, misplaced a couple but so did Pogba. He is captain material and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Absolutely essential for United that this guy keeps playing.
Agreed

Oneunited26

Used to love how some fans last season would call him the fans darling, when fans defending herrera knew the quality's he brings, and he is showing why fans could not believe how VG was overlooking Herrera for guys like fellaini, even Jose was doing it at the start of the season. But it shows how complete madness it was to see him has a bench player, him and pogba really are the heartbeat of this engine room. There is always that fear if he is rested, what we have after herrera should have been sold in the summer

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

Minus his shooting I thought he played well. Guess it says a lot about how well he's been playing recently if thats a poor performance.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you remove your finger out of your arse, you might be able to put a finger on it.

On a serious note, what convincing do you require? He is the engine of the team. United requires him to be a starter if this has to be a decent season for the club He is a classy passer of the ball and does go in rashly in to tackles but that's just who he is.
He is definitely not a classy passer of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.