Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosicsleftpeg

I don't see Herrera as an attacking midfielder as some do on here I see him as bit of an all rounder in midfield. He has a very good touch, decent passing, good work rate and can get stick in when hr needs to but he also chips in with a goal or two. He's not really exceptional at anything in particular but can do a bit of everything which is important if we are looking at playing with 3 central midfielders as there needs to be a good mix.

I do like him a lot and think last season he was under used but to his own detriment he under performed at times as did everyone. He still had games where he showed his ability, such as the Everton away game where he was brilliant.

Overall he's a good player who needs more starts as he has a lot to offer the side.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I've no opinion on this lad to be honest, as I really never notice him whenever he plays. Hopefully we'll see more of all of our midfielders this season.

pacifictheme

I don't see Herrera as an attacking midfielder as some do on here I see him as bit of an all rounder in midfield. He has a very good touch, decent passing, good work rate and can get stick in when hr needs to but he also chips in with a goal or two. He's not really exceptional at anything in particular but can do a bit of everything which is important if we are looking at playing with 3 central midfielders as there needs to be a good mix.

Overall he's a good player who needs more starts as he has a lot to offer the side.
Jack of all trades, master of none. Sounds an awful lot like tom cleverley to me.

Without being a starter in a title winning team.

POF

The Herrera thread has more Fellaini references than the Fellaini one. It's a tiresome comparison and like comparing Aguero to Drogba. They play in vaguely the same position but apart from that are completely incomparable as players.

Fellaini is better physically. Herrera is a better link player. The style of play dictates which player is more useful. The community shield illustrated both of their qualities. Fellaini played very well and his physical presence was a great asset against Leicester's set pieces. As Jose said Herrera along with Mata played a big part in United getting control of the game back.

The main issue with Fellaini is when he's in the team the tendency is to go long more often. Herrera being in the team suggests a more aesthetic style of play.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looks like Mourinho thinks he is ahead of Schneiderlin as a DM so far?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Big chance for him to impress before Pogba is available. Here's hoping he comes good and keeps his place.

Looks like Mourinho thinks he is ahead of Schneiderlin as a DM so far?
Fellaini will be the DM.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Big chance for him to impress before Pogba is available. Here's hoping he comes good and keeps his place.

Fellaini will be the DM.
Pretty sure he is not, Fellaini box to box with Herrera being more defensive reading the game, IMO. Mourinho listed him the other day with Carrick and Schneiderlin as his defensive midfielders.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Pretty sure he is not, Fellaini box to box with Herrera being more defensive reading the game, IMO. Mourinho listed him the other day with Carrick and Schneiderlin as his defensive midfielders.
I'll be surprised if that's the case.

Fellaini was deeper than Carrick against Leicester so I'd expect the same here.

Shark

@NotShark
Let's see what he's made of under a new and improved manager. I haven't been impressed with him so far, hope he grabs this chance by the balls.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The first match he played as a DM was against Chelsea in 14/15 season. He was unbelievable that day.

PepsiCola

Happy to see him start. Feel he will really step up this season and deliver.

prath92

The first match he played as a DM was against Chelsea in 14/15 season. He was unbelievable that day.
Coz they did nothing that day bar two attacks, one from which they scored and one which DDG handled outside the box. They had drogba upfront for gods sake. Even McNair looked monstrous

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Coz they did nothing that day bar two attacks, one from which they scored and one which DDG handled outside the box. They had drogba upfront for gods sake. Even McNair looked monstrous
So just because Chelsea were shit in attack in that game Herrera shouldn't be praised even though he had an excellent game?

prath92

So just because Chelsea were shit in attack in that game Herrera shouldn't be praised even though he had an excellent game?
Don't people always say 'Rooney was good in midfield but it's only Bournemouth/Russia/Aston villa'? How is this any different?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If Herrera can deliver, that will be a big headache removed for us this season.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Don't people always say 'Rooney was good in midfield but it's only Bournemouth/Russia/Aston villa'? How is this any different?
It's different because he unlike Rooney who on every good performance had about 5 poor in midfield, and Herrera hardly ever played in that position and when he did he did good.

It was pretty memorable performance actually, I doubt any of our three or four DMs we played put any better performance in last couple of years even against worse teams. Even Carrick at his best was always shit at Stamford Bridge, so that performance definitely deserves praise.

Let's see how he does today.

Bournemouth 1:3 Man Utd

Wishe

Herrera looks like the most frustrating player to play with, you pass to him and all he does is pass it back to you everytime. Reminds me alot of Tom Cleverley, always passing back. Only reason Herrera even gets praise is because he is spanish.

Rockets Redglare

Herrera looks like the most frustrating player to play with, you pass to him and all he does is pass it back to you everytime. Reminds me alot of Tom Cleverley, always passing back. Only reason Herrera even gets praise is because he is spanish.
He's genuinely one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. Should be absolutely nowhere near our squad never mind our starting 11.

Shark

@NotShark
He's shite, and had been since he's arrived aside from a couple of weeks of decent form.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
... I never post in this thread, but i came to say how impressive he's been today. I guess Im the only one!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He has talent but isn't capable of showing it at this level, I will be delighted when he is sold.

Skills

Snitch
Hes had a good game so far, still doesn't look the same player as his first season.

Jev

He's just an average player. Can't believe how overrated he was on here at some point.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
:lol: at the reactions, he is probably our best player today.

Status
Not open for further replies.