5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Most tackles won in the team, and most interceptions too in that half.

Good job at reading buddy.
And players are judged over a full game, right? That's how we rate them. Therefore, Matic had a better game than Herrera AGAIN for the 10th time this season.

Herrera will be replaced as soon as Fellaini is back. That for me, says it all.

NinjaFletch

And players are judged over a full game, right? That's how we rate them. Therefore, Matic had a better game than Herrera AGAIN for the 10th time this season.

Herrera will be replaced as soon as Fellaini is back. That for me, says it all.
Then why the feck were you shitting on Herrera at half time then?

feck me.

ManUtd1999

Prior to Pogba getting injured. That’s the point. Put Matic in Pogbas position and you think he’ll still be putting in MOTM performances?
Matic was MOTM also after Pogba's injury: Benfica & Everton from what I recall.

Now, how many times was Herrera even close to that?

IrishRedDevil

And that makes Herrera shit how? I could pretend his tackles and interceptions don’t count, but that would be moronic, wouldn’t it. Good try though.
No it means Matic had a better game overall than him again!

You two fired out a few stats to me at halftime, so it's only natural for me to update you on the stats at full time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Matic was MOTM also after Pogba's injury: Benfica & Everton from what I recall.

Now, how many times was Herrera even close to that?
How many times have Herrera played in his actual position? Last season, when he was playing in his actual position, he was our best player over the course of a season. I’ll ask again, how many MOTM performances do our think Matic will be putting in playing in Pogbas position?

PepsiCola

State of this thread is a nice reminder why I rarely partake in conversation here.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I thought Herrera had the better game of the duo in midfield. Both were useless at anything other than defensive actions. Offered no outlet for the back line, which resulted to the ball being hoofed multiple times.

ivaldo

No it means Matic had a better game overall than him again!

You two fired out a few stats to me at halftime, so it's only natural for me to update you on the stats at full time.
Difference being I haven’t shit on Matic despite the stats, while you are doing the exact opposite with Herrera. How are you not getting this? It’s funny how when Matic tops with stats it all of a sudden matters.

Paul_Scholes18

Great defensive performance. Typical Herrera in big games. Although him and Matic didn't always defend in harmony though.

Ace of Spades

This is getting ridiculous, he was fine this game, not sure what the over the top criticism is all about. He is a good squad player.

ManUtd1999

How many times have Herrera played in his actual position? Last season, when he was playing in his actual position, he was our best player over the course of a season. I’ll ask again, how many MOTM performances do our think Matic will be putting in playing in Pogbas position?
More than Herrera.

Herrera was poor even defensively. I can't think of anything of note this season from him. Plus, as a midfielder, you expect him from time to time to have a good pass. How many good, penetrating passes have you seen from him this season? Today, he had a good chance to have one, but sent it to the stands. Don't tell me that "his position" prevented him for so doing.

All of that does not mean anything about his future. He's a good squad player to have, but let's not pretend that he looked good.

ivaldo

I thought Herrera had the better game of the duo in midfield. Both were useless at anything other than defensive actions. Offered no outlet for the back line, which resulted to the ball being hoofed multiple times.
Yeah pretty much. Neither are creative players, we miss Pogba hugely as we don’t have another player who can come in and dictate play for us. they are both very good at what they do, having an an absence of a player who compliments them doesn’t make them bad players.

IrishRedDevil

Difference being I haven’t shit on Matic despite the stats, while you are doing the exact opposite with Herrera. How are you not getting this? It’s funny how when Matic tops with stats it all of a sudden matters.
They both had poor games in my opinion, and the only reason I mentioned stats is that the half time ones were presented to me. In the end Matic had the better stats, but still two average performances.

I really don't get why Herrera gets so much praise when he brings very little to this team though. When he is benched people talk about him as if he is our saviour. The fact is there is a reason that he is our 4th choice midfielder behind Matic, Pogba and now Fellaini also.

el3mel

Good defensively, terrible offensively, as usual.

Still his best role is as a Matic backup, clear as day.

ivaldo

More than Herrera.

Herrera was poor even defensively. I can't anything of note this season from him. Plus, as a midfielder, you expect him from time to time to have a good pass. How many good, penetrating passes have you seen from him this season? Today, he had a good chance to have one, but sent it to the stands. Don't tell me that "his position" prevented him for so doing.
Literally last game, a direct involvement in our first goal.

POF

I thought he was excellent. His ball retention in tight areas in a really congested midfield was superb. He also completely shut Eriksen out of the game, so much so that Poch moved him to the other side to face off with Matic to get him into the game. It worked too. Eriksen was far more influential after the changes when he moved right of the three.

p2pZeus

He came to life as soon as we pushed for a goal in second half. He is a ballwinner, a pitbull terrier. He hounds opposition players into submission.
Herrera shouldn't be used in defensive games, his qualities are meant for a game where we attack.

ivaldo

They both had poor games in my opinion, and the only reason I mentioned stats is that the half time ones were presented to me.

I really don't get why Herrera gets so much praise when he brings very little to this team though. When he is benched people talk about him as if he is our saviour. The fact is there is a reason that he is our 4th choice midfielder behind Matic, Pogba and now Fellaini also.
Because you said he hadn’t won the ball back! We offered up the stats because clearly that wasn’t true and then you essentially said they didn’t count. The stats weren’t presented to show how great he played, it was to show you were talking bollocks just to criticise him. It’s all there to read mate.

He gets praise for what he does best - win the ball back better than anyone else in the league. Play him in a position where he cannot do that and of course his performances are going to fall. Against Swansea he played deeper and he had a good game.

ManUtd1999

Literally last game, a direct involvement in our first goal.
I would give him that pre-assist against Swansea in the League Cup.

Any way, you seem to defend him regardless of how he performs, so I will leave it there.

Jib

Better in the second half but not good enough to be a starter here !

lsd

The Oracle
We can't get Pogba or Fellaini back quick enough to get Herrera out if the team .He has been awful since he had come in easily our worst player .

IrishRedDevil

Because you said he hadn’t won the ball back! We offered up the stats because clearly that wasn’t true and then you essentially said they didn’t count. The stats weren’t presented to show how great he played, it was to show you were talking bollocks just to criticise him. It’s all there to read mate.
Ok he won the ball once and I missed it. But I keep directing you guys to the bigger picture that he often plays cowardly with backwards and sideways, passes, putting our defenders under pressure.
We need the midfliders to have more composure on the ball, hold onto the ball for a few more seconds and let other players breath. Herrera always wants to get rid of the ball immediately which I do have a problem with, especially when it puts other players under pressure.

lsd

The Oracle
With comments like that, prepare yourself for an argument.

He's been awful and will be gone in the summer iv no doubt about that .If Jose had another option available to him now we would never see him on the pitch again.Brings nothing to the table at all , since Matic has come here It's been obvious how limited Herrera is.

IrishRedDevil

He's been awful and will be gone in the summer iv no doubt about that .If Jose had another option available to him now we would never see him on the pitch again.Brings nothing to the table at all , since Matic has come here It's been obvious how limited Herrera is.
Yes he is now 4th choice behind Pogba, Matic and Fellaini for very valid reasons.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's the Spanish Fletcher, at his gritty and heelish best today.
Nothing wrong with that. The way this lot are talking Pogba and Fellaini are gods, they bloody weren't last season. This lot couldn't wait to put the knife in, so this year it is Ander's turn. Just hope Pogba concentrates on his football and not his hair and hitting the post and Fellaini isn't back to his elbow swinging best.

Paul_Scholes18

Nothing wrong with that. The way this lot are talking Pogba and Fellaini are gods, they bloody weren't last season. This lot couldn't wait to put the knife in, so this year it is Ander's turn. Just hope Pogba concentrates on his football and not his hair and hitting the post and Fellaini isn't back to his elbow swinging best.
Crazy how people are quick to jump on players. Thought Herrera did really well today. Strange day to attack him.

We beat Spurs and people still moan like crazy.

NinjaFletch

And because your opinion is different, you are right and we are all wrong?

Explain to me why he is 4th choice then behind Fellaini?
All I said, after you were shitting on him at half time for not winning the ball back and for being ran past too easily, was that he was leading the team in interceptions and tackles.

So what relevance does anything you've just said have to that?

Kag

The criticism in this thread today is farcical. Stinking agenda stuff at its best.

The way people talk and compare regarding Fellaini is particularly hilarious. If he played like Herrera today (tidying up, winning midfield balls, covering lots of ground) then his thread would be brimming with over the top praise - probably by the same people that unfairly castigated the poor cnut during his first seasons here.

A few indifferent games to start a season and this is what happens? Baffling.

yfoFC

Cheers bud. The thing is im not even trying to make our he's playing incredibly well. I just tired of the constant berating of a player who is playing out of position for things every other player on the pitch is doing.
It's a classic case of flogging a monkey for his inability to swim as well as a shark

If you noticed in the first part of the second half when michy got his shit together for 'bout 10 mins, we were suddenly playing good football and Herrera's play was exactly the same yet looked much better 'cause our no 10 remembered how to pass the ball and the onus wasn't on him to create anymore

Because pogba creates from deep Herrera is then expected to do same but his job description is simple, get the ball back and let others create but yet he still gets criticized for "passing it sideways"

Status
Not open for further replies.