View full 2017-18 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a classic case of flogging a monkey for his inability to swim as well as a shark

If you noticed in the first part of the second half when michy got his shit together for 'bout 10 mins, we were suddenly playing good football and Herrera's play was exactly the same yet looked much better 'cause our no 10 remembered how to pass the ball and the onus wasn't on him to create anymore

Because pogba creates from deep Herrera is then expected to do same but his job description is simple, get the ball back and let others create but yet he still gets criticized for "passing it sideways"
Exactly. Herrera does what he is asked to do by Jose. We'd rather have Pogba there but until he is back Herrera is doing his job well. Today he seemed to have a better understanding with Matic too.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He plays out Jose inner little bastard on the pitch.

Think people are forgetting how good he was at times last season. He’s slowly bringing that form back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I thought he was excellent. His ball retention in tight areas in a really congested midfield was superb. He also completely shut Eriksen out of the game, so much so that Poch moved him to the other side to face off with Matic to get him into the game. It worked too. Eriksen was far more influential after the changes when he moved right of the three.
It's pointless to try to use facts to win an argument based on convenient fictions. Everything you say is true. Those who want to believe Ander is garbage will ignore it though. Apparently he just runs about a lot, which conveniently forgets he does it in the right places at the right times remarkably often...

It's a classic case of flogging a monkey for his inability to swim as well as a shark

If you noticed in the first part of the second half when michy got his shit together for 'bout 10 mins, we were suddenly playing good football and Herrera's play was exactly the same yet looked much better 'cause our no 10 remembered how to pass the ball and the onus wasn't on him to create anymore

Because pogba creates from deep Herrera is then expected to do same but his job description is simple, get the ball back and let others create but yet he still gets criticized for "passing it sideways"
You speak sense, not to mention when Ander does play it through the lines (which he did today and midweek, most notably in the build up to our 1st at Swansea) it gets ignored. People don't see what they don't wanna see.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He plays out Jose inner little bastard on the pitch.

Think people are forgetting how good he was at times last season. He’s slowly bringing that form back.
A lot of them cannot get their heads out of Pogba's arse. Ander is not in there to do Pogba's job. Him and Matic are doing a great defensive job. Unfortunately we miss that creative spark in this formation. Herrera can actually do that if he is a lot further forward, but we cannot do that or we will be completely overrun. This is Spurs we were playing who had not lost away from home in the PL. We beat them, so just wish people would stop moaning.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hopefully this is just a run of poor form that he was long due and will eventually get over it. He's bounced back from some poor performances before. We know he has it in his locker to score and assist. His time will come.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Became from slightly overrated to significantly underrated here. He isn't in good form right now but people forget that he is a quality player, even though he'll never have the passing ability of Scholes or defensive presence of Keane.

What's especially strange is that people are waiting on Fellaini to provide a better performance passing-wise :lol:

yfoFC

It's pointless to try to use facts to win an argument based on convenient fictions. Everything you say is true. Those who want to believe Ander is garbage will ignore it though. Apparently he just runs about a lot, which conveniently forgets he does it in the right places at the right times remarkably often...

You speak sense, not to mention when Ander does play it through the lines (which he did today and midweek, most notably in the build up to our 1st at Swansea) it gets ignored. People don't see what they don't wanna see.
Couldn't have said it better myself

kundalini

I like Herrera a lot but that wasn't a good performance. Sure he competed hard, as did nearly everyone on the pitch, but I'd expect to see far more quality on the ball from Herrera.

JeffBoomTetris

Why's he getting blasted? Much better than Matic today whose thread is silent. And I agree that he isn't playing as well as he should. But he's playing a different role. He's not a Pogba with imperious ability on the ball

Roboc7

He was ok which is a big improvement on his recent performances. He isn’t good enough on the ball to play regularly, neither is Fellaini.

We need much better backup for pogba than those two and think will happen in the summer.

DomesticTadpole

He was ok which is a big improvement on his recent performances. He isn’t good enough on the ball to play regularly, neither is Fellaini.

We need much better backup for pogba than those two and think will happen in the summer.
He is not Pogba's backup, he is Matic's backup but has had to play as well. Not sure what Fellaini is as he definitely isn't Matic's backup. He is more a stir it up player if we are having problems up front.

Roboc7

He is not Pogba's backup, he is Matic's backup but has had to play as well. Not sure what Fellaini is as he definitely isn't Matic's backup. He is more a stir it up player if we are having problems up front.
Either way neither Herrera or Fellaini are good enough as backup for matic and or pogba. Herrera and Fellaini are suited to playing in a midfield three not a two.

DomesticTadpole

Either way neither Herrera or Fellaini are good enough as backup for matic and or pogba. Herrera and Fellaini are suited to playing in a midfield three not a two.
They are fine as backups. So we go out and spend a fortune on players who will not be happy sitting on the bench, unless you want someone for Matic and Pogba to backup as there might be better than them out there. I am sure Matic and Pogba would be happy sat on the bench.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That’s a major statement. What calibre of players are you looking at as backup to Pogba and Matic?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Fellaini is Pogba's backup.
When Pogba got injured, Fellaini took his place and we kept winning.
When Fellaini also got injured, our system was screwed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Poor today. Tedious play acting as well. Hopefully started his last game for a while
Yeah he's a cnut. But we need that in our team.
To remind you, the biggest cnut that I recall playing for us, was R.Keane and that dude for me, was one of the best players I have personally seen in a MUFC shirt.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been awful on the ball this season.

I know he's no Xavi, but the amount of times he's just skied the ball forward with no composure is very annoying.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yeah he's a cnut. But we need that in our team.
To remind you, the biggest cnut that I recall playing for us, was R.Keane and that dude for me, was one of the best players I have personally seen in a MUFC shirt.
But his cuntishness came from his tenacity and aggression towards the opposition, not rolling around on the floor.

Keane was legitimately one of the 2-3 best players in the world in his position too, something that Herrera could only dream of.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully this is just a run of poor form that he was long due and will eventually get over it. He's bounced back from some poor performances before. We know he has it in his locker to score and assist. His time will come.
He’s scored around 9 league goals in his United career and around 12 assists. Must be a big locker he has.

ti vu

Exactly. Herrera and Matic had their hands full in midfield, while the less burdened player failed his role to relieve the pressure. Herrera ain't not gonna getting excellent rating but for functional role, he did his job for most part

Last edited:

SammyUnited_83

More like a very poor mans Dennis wise .wheres the passion in being a snivelling lil prick ? Noone could be inspired by Herrera's antics
Exactly.

Needs to fecking grow a pair. So weak, always holding his face or feigning injury.

Not a Utd player.

lsd

The Oracle
Exactly.

Needs to fecking grow a pair. So weak, always holding his face or feigning injury.

Not a Utd player.

Yet some people here actually compare him to Keane , its laughable I lost all faith in him when he let Mark Noble carry him off the pitch like a baby .

His best attribute is being a wind up and a snide one at that .Yes he has some talent and done well for us in the past how can we forget he won player of the year last year as we get reminded off it every other post here.

However that win is very debatable was he really better than Zlaton ,Bailly,Mhki even last season ?

Even if he was he is clearly inferior to Matic and certainly can't play alongside him if we are to win anything .Like I said earlier Pogba can't come back quick enough and Fellaini as well

Zlatattack

I think he could give more going forwards. He is a player who I expect to be able to carry the ball in midfield and make dangerous passes.

He's no Luka Modric but for Athletic Bilbao and for us when he was a regular under LvG he did quick pass and go's and moved the ball forwards. Under José he did a CDM role for us last season and he did it well. Right now we have a dedicated CDM so we need him to look forwards rather than pass it sideways.

I like Anders, he's much better than he is playing right now.

Dinghy

This little clip sums him up for me. It's actually more risky to play the backpass than to turn around and use the space that's infront of him, yet he still fecking chooses to play it backwards out of habit.

Don't know if it's lack of confidence, if he's been told to play it safe or what the feck it is, but this gets on my nerves everytime I see him play.

POF

This little clip sums him up for me. It's actually more risky to play the backpass than to turn around and use the space that's infront of him, yet he still fecking chooses to play it backwards out of habit.

Don't know if it's lack of confidence, if he's been told to play it safe or what the feck it is, but this gets on my nerves everytime I see him play.
No. It's more risky to lose the ball in that position. He is deep in midfield. You don't lose the ball there. He's a link player and prefers to play one and two touch. He is brilliant at getting the ball out of tight spaces to someone in more space. Often, that is backwards.

When he gets the ball in positions higher up the pitch where losing the ball is less risky he will play forward and look for an offensive pass.

He did the right thing there. He's just run back so doesn't know whats around him. If he turns and finds there's a man there then hes in trouble as he can no longer turn back, you cant afford to be losing the ball that deep in midfield.

Icemav

Why's he getting blasted? Much better than Matic today whose thread is silent. And I agree that he isn't playing as well as he should. But he's playing a different role. He's not a Pogba with imperious ability on the ball
Matic was my man of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.