5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He isn't the right player for this coach.

His attributes would be ideal for a forward thinking manager. A midfielder who loves pressing and is generally tenacious but with a great eye for a pass. Imagine Herrera in a high pressing team, he would look sensational.
He probably would but we aren't a high pressing team so he isn't the right fit. We need our midfielders to control games and dictate the tempo. His passing lacks variation. It's always short and mostly back to the direction it came from. He does a lot of running but very little injection of quality.Yesterday he was very good ofcourse and he is capable of making those passes through the lines but when was the last time we saw a pass like that from him? He can do that every game but for some reason doesn't want to show enough adventure in his passing. I'm talking about things in general. He hasn't nailed a spot in midfield for 4 years now for various reasons. If there was no doubts about his quality we wouldn't be debating about this.

Decomposing In Paris

He probably would but we aren't a high pressing team so he isn't the right fit. We need our midfielders to control games and dictate the tempo. His passing lacks variation. It's always short and mostly back to the direction it came from. He does a lot of running but very little injection of quality.Yesterday he was very good ofcourse and he is capable of making those passes through the lines but when was the last time we saw a pass like that from him? He can do that every game but for some reason doesn't want to show enough adventure in his passing. I'm talking about things in general. He hasn't nailed a spot in midfield for 4 years now for various reasons. If there was no doubts about his quality we wouldn't be debating about this.
Think he had more minutes than pretty much any other player last season, which is why even last month he had played the 5th most minutes under Mourinho whilst not being first choice for most of a season. He must have been an important player at some point for that to happen.

CM

Dier is a far better player than Herrera it’s not even close. I’m not sure you’ll find many Spurs fans fancying that swap.
They aren't even similar players but Herrera leaves Dier in the dust in just about every facet other than defending and aerial presence.

Roughseas

Awful display. Mctominay over Herrera in the DM position. Cant start plays due to his poor dribbling and limited passing range. Missed more than a couple easy tackles, putting the team in danger. Its incredible how peple here consider that a good display.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No, it is possible to say a player played well without criticising him. Just take a moment and look through your posts on him. It's hilarious reading. Show me a wholly positive post.
Why would I need to be positive if I don’t particularly rate him? Strange comment from you if you are being honest as I said he was decent but not to the point where praise is due after 4 years of being very ordinary I’ve to praise him after playing decent one game. Yes hilarious reading my friend... obviously see the game and players much differently.

Lawman

They aren't even similar players but Herrera leaves Dier in the dust in just about every facet other than defending and aerial presence.
Herrera’s passing over 15 yards plus is very poor. Dier in my opinion is head and shoulders better than Herrera. I’d swap him for Herrera in a minute.

Lawman

Awful display. Mctominay over Herrera in the DM position. Cant start plays due to his poor dribbling and limited passing range. Missed more than a couple easy tackles, putting the team in danger. Its incredible how peple here consider that a good display.
It’s how much standards have fallen in my opinion. Herrera started off last night dodgy although his display grew as the game went on to being actually decent but great display it certainly wasn’t but then the Herrera fans go ott and it’s obvious who they are and where have they been all season when McTominay has been starting ahead of Herrera. Or the past how many seasons when how many managers have not had the confidence to select him as a regular. Same old same old, this forum is littered with these threads from TC23 or Gibson or Depay or Morgan and Herrera is now in the same boat as these guys found themselves. I suggest some posters should go back and read these before jumping on others.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why would I need to be positive if I don’t particularly rate him? Strange comment from you if you are being honest as I said he was decent but not to the point where praise is due after 4 years of being very ordinary I’ve to praise him after playing decent one game. Yes hilarious reading my friend... obviously see the game and players much differently.
In that case what's the point of you posting in here if, regardless of he's done, you're going to talk negatively about here? Yeah alright. In 4 years he's had one 'decent' game, last year's POTY. There's a difference between 'not rating him' and going out of the way to be critical. Seriously, go through your posts, there's isn't a single wholly positive one, it's baffling.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In that case what's the point of you posting in here if, regardless of he's done, you're going to talk negatively about here? Yeah alright. In 4 years he's had one 'decent' game, last year's POTY. There's a difference between 'not rating him' and going out of the way to be critical. Seriously, go through your posts, there's isn't a single wholly positive one, it's baffling.
He's probably McTominay's dad.

el3mel

It only happened one time iirc.

Lawman

Seriously you are being a complete Bell end now. Who said in 4 years he’s had one decent game? Stop making shit up buddy to fit your narrative. Plus it’s a football forum if everyone agreed it would be pointless a bit like you are being now. Either come back and act like an adult or go away as you are now being boring.

Ekeke

Fair enough on first point as was a bit random. He did play a great ball to Lingard for the goal with a little slide rule pass (he has this in his locker, as well as a beautiful curling cross and a great first touch turn) but if you think Herrera is a good passer of the ball then I don’t know what to say to you.
He is. But that doesn't mean he always tries to play great passes or has the confidence to do everything he's capable of. These days he doesn't take much time on the ball and mostly just keeps the ball. Like you say he can play some fantastic passes too but this season and even some of last season he doesnt try those passes often enough. He just keeps the ball and tries to keep it moving and he's shown he can do more than that

Ekeke

It only happened one time iirc.
Yep 1 time. Just like Matic had a weak tackle that was walked through in the previous match. Neither is really what you want from your deepest playing CM, but thats not really Ander's position so its more of an issue with Matic imo.

ivaldo

Seriously you are being a complete Bell end now. Who said in 4 years he’s had one decent game? Stop making shit up buddy to fit your narrative. Plus it’s a football forum if everyone agreed it would be pointless a bit like you are being now. Either come back and act like an adult or go away as you are now being boring.
Seriously?

Strange comment from you if you are being honest as I said he was decent but not to the point where praise is due after 4 years of being very ordinary I’ve to praise him after playing decent one game.
Do you suffer from short term memory loss or something?

It's very simple. Despite regularly posting in this thread you've not managed to say a single good thing about him without following it up with criticism. Honestly, why do you keep coming here if you aren't going to comment objectively? Did the bloke bully you as a child or something?

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he was fantastic yesterday, especially off the ball, which he normally is, to be honest. I prefer him when he's the deepest midfielder. Gets the ball and keeps the ball ticking over. Great pass to assist for the goal too.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
You should be demoted to newbies, such terrible posts. Seriously what’s your problem? It’s not about an opinion in your case, you’re just being an eejit. No objectivity at all..

Web of Bissaka

Just realize we don't miss Mata that much in transitioning possession upfield and keeping it around in opposition half.

And Herrera could even do it better with his high energy, endless pressing and good timing interceptions.

When Herrera is in good form :devil: he's just that good. Still creative clearly.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I don't think there are many people in this thread covering themselves in glory TBH. Herrera has been a good player for us overall and was excellent last season. Saying he's not a good passer of the ball is insane. You don't get to play over 150 games for Man United if you can't pass the ball. He's an oldschool midfielder who does a great job no matter what he's asked to do. Even worse is commenting that it says it all because he hasn't broken into the Spanish national team. A lot of excellent players haven't featured for their national teams as much as they perhaps deserve including two of the best midfielders we've had in the past 20 years.

However, calling someone out for being negative about a player they don't rate is a bit silly. What do you expect?

ivaldo

However, calling someone out for being negative about a player they don't rate is a bit silly. What do you expect?
There's a distinct difference between someone being negative again a player and someone making 51 posts in a player performance thread and not one of them being positive.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
There's a distinct difference between someone being negative again a player and someone making 51 posts in a player performance thread and not one of them being positive.
I completely agree, a thread ban would be justified. Just it's probably pointless arguing.

Canagel

I don't think there are many people in this thread covering themselves in glory TBH. Herrera has been a good player for us overall and was excellent last season. Saying he's not a good passer of the ball is insane. You don't get to play over 150 games for Man United if you can't pass the ball. He's an oldschool midfielder who does a great job no matter what he's asked to do. Even worse is commenting that it says it all because he hasn't broken into the Spanish national team. A lot of excellent players haven't featured for their national teams as much as they perhaps deserve including two of the best midfielders we've had in the past 20 years.

Fellaini has. Just saying...... I don't think Herrera is a bad passer. Just lacks variation. He doesn't also dictate the tempo and always rushes into challenges giving away a lot of silly fouls. He's very risk averse and that's what gets on my nerves. Stuff like not looking up before passing and going backwards a lot is what slows the tempo down.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's really weird because he's shown he has a real eye for a pass with some wonderful assists in his United career but he plays like the ball is lava and he's been told to play pass the parcel whilst tripping on acid. Can't get rid of it quick enough and doesn't think whilst he's doing it.

He's clearly a much better footballer than he lets on and he's shown he can do it before so what gives?

Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A performance Roy Keane would've been proud of. Absolutely incredible.

Kag

Imagine being one of those whoppers that think we can get rid of him and replace him with some halfwit from a midtable side in Serie A.

A confident Herrera is brilliant. His start to the season was more of a blip than anything more serious.

el3mel

Deserved the goal. If not for Sanchez I would have given him MOTM. Great goal but it's not just that, his interception were beyond amazing ! Excellent defensive job.

cyberman

Why do pundits continually make out that he's a cnut of a player?
Im genuinely baffled at this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ander was my MOTM against Spurs. He was absolutely everywhere. You hear cliches about covering every blade of grass but today it was true: his defensive contribution was incredible and to add the winning goal to that...Take a bow son!

Can't wait to see his game stats.

Deleted member 101472

Should have 100% of the votes for MOM, by far and away the best player on the park today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why do pundits continually make out that he's a cnut of a player?
Im genuinely baffled at this.
He is a bit of a cnut as a player tbh. Exact type that all oppo fans hate. Sometimes exaggerates contact, has a lot of little dirty kicks (not too dirty, just enough), constant niggly fouls, complains, wastes time... He's like Mourinho personified on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.