5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Herrera is always excellent in these types of games. It's a bit of a mystery how few times we've seen him in a 3 man midfield. It's a pleasure to watch a player with his intelligence and who works as hard for the team as he does.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He is a bit of a cnut as a player tbh. Exact type that all oppo fans hate. Sometimes exaggerates contact, has a lot of little dirty kicks (not too dirty, just enough), constant niggly fouls, complains, wastes time... He's like Mourinho personified on the pitch.
Even he looked an angel compared to some of those Spurs players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably not the most popular opinion, but I think our midfield three should be Pogba - Herrera - New CM; rather than Pogba - Matic - new CM.

Icemav

Awesome. Really. Our midfield were superb and that was a huge step up from what we have shown against Spurs previously. Chuffed.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He is a bit of a cnut as a player tbh. Exact type that all oppo fans hate. Sometimes exaggerates contact, has a lot of little dirty kicks (not too dirty, just enough), constant niggly fouls, complains, wastes time... He's like Mourinho personified on the pitch.
Exactly, but he's our cnut:)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone know a site for distance covered? Felt like he was everywhere. Proper little bulldog.

Greck

Not his biggest fan but we shouldn't be looking to spunk 60mil on another mid while he collects dust on the bench. He's overqualified for the role we need

SpyLuke10

Been defending him all season from a lot of fickle fans on redcafe who were saying they wanted him out/we should sell him, etc.

Ander always seems to start off a season very average but then he finishes a season playing like vidal at his very best.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Probably not the most popular opinion, but I think our midfield three should be Pogba - Herrera - New CM; rather than Pogba - Matic - new CM.
Matic's ability to protect the ball makes him better as a DM that Herrera. Herrera is a lot more mobile so he should be more box to box. He's fine as the 4th midfielder if we buy someone new.

Brightonian

Matic is superb. It's more a case that we need to put him into the Carrick slot of 'older player can't do it for 90 minutes every week' and buy someone younger to rotate him with.

Herrera will forever and always be my favourite. Always outlasts his critics.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
MOTM performance for me today. Well done Ander!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not his biggest fan but we shouldn't be looking to spunk 60mil on another mid while he collects dust on the bench. He's overqualified for the role we need
It's just his lack of consistency that's the problem, otherwise he's fine. He just needs to find that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Matic's ability to protect the ball makes him better as a DM that Herrera. Herrera is a lot more mobile so he should be more box to box. He's fine as the 4th midfielder if we buy someone new.
I personally prefer him deeper. He put up crazy interception/tackle stats in the season before this when it was him and Pogba in the midfield two.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Soooo goooood
I think Herrera's as good as Matic so I wouldn't disagree. They're both great when at their best, though. Hopefully we've figured out how to get them playing well together now.

Kearnkoff69

Deserves the plaudits today. He was everywhere on the pitch today, made crucial tackles and interceptions, busted his lungs getting box to box for the goal. This is the Herrera we expect on a consistent basis.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The thing with Herrera is that he can be quality in Matic position or box to box, regularly puts big game performances and he doesn't mind rotation on top of everything. Just give him a new contract regardless of any new players coming in.

Ekeke

Yes, Ander's real role is box to box and we may not be able to find a player better than him at enabling Pogba and Matic to get on with what their best at, being on the ball. Ander does a lot of work to help Matic defensively. Its not easy to find a player of that criteria + being a pass master, or whatever people want us to get from a new CM

ash_86

He is a nightmare to play against. Constant nagging fouls , popping at right time for the goals ect.. Him and Alexis are the real terriers of our team and helps to get back the ball so well.

Trizy

Herrera my MOTM. Such a big game player.

He calmly heads a dangerous ball back to De Gea's hands under pressure then instantly gets up the field and scores a goal. Brilliant.

Icemav

Not really controversial. We don't want to run Matic into the ground and he is the only true holding mid we have, so another option would be great.

Also there might be games that we need a better dictator than Herrera (rather than a Kante like terrier) so we should also keep our eyes open for one.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Has brought vital elements to our team in the last few games. Commitment, fight, drive and balance to that midfield.

Dante

Average bang
He was a little over-eager in the first 20 minutes, selling himself short repeatedly. But once he found his groove, it was a classic Herrera performance.

Witchking

He is a proper united player. Totally deserves all the plaudits after many kept thinking that selling him is the best option.

He needs to stay at United. A big game player and he never hides.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Voted him as MOTM. He was superb defensively and contributed enough in the attacking. Winning goal in the semi finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.