5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

What a strange season Herrera has had. Surprisingly poor early on. Very impressive in the last month or so.
Much like Carrick in early days of his United career or pretty much what Carrick was to United, a slow burner throughout the season. Fergie pointed out from time to time again that Carrick was always a one season player, he will come good at the middle of a season.

The ex-United manager also revealed how he used to purposefully tease Carrick because it would usually take the England international a few months of the season to find his form.

He added: "When he came at first, I used to wind him up a little bit.

"In the start to the season, he was always a slow starter when he first came.

"The rain started to come in September and October and he came into his own. But after a few years, he took that to mind, that I'm going to show him."

meamth

Love him. Great game from him. 1 thing I noticed today which I never did before was how scrawny he is. He must have the smallest arms I've ever seen on a male athlete.
Scrawny means more muscle to fat ratio. He might seem weak but do not underestimate a strength of a footballer, more agile means more strength in football, not the other way around.

Trizy

Love him. Great game from him. 1 thing I noticed today which I never did before was how scrawny he is. He must have the smallest arms I've ever seen on a male athlete.
It's a Spanish things. Just look at Silva, Iniesta and Especially Busquets.

Renegade

I just don’t understand how people want him sold. I could understand people not thinking he should be starting every game but to be sold? So underrated. We should have been playing with that midfield 3 earlier in the season.

dogwithabone

He had a decent game but we were outclassed in midfield for 35 minutes of the first half so I’m not sure that I agree with some of the superlatives being used to describe his over all performance today. He couldn’t get near Erikson for large parts of the game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He had a decent game but we were outclassed in midfield for 35 minutes of the first half so I’m not sure that I agree with some of the superlatives being used to describe his over all performance today. He couldn’t get near Erikson for large parts of the game.

Ekeke

Why would a right midfielder be anywhere near the opponent's right winger?

lsd

The Oracle
My lowest rated player of the season and iv slagged him off a lot . However more than decent past few games pleased for his goal today big moment for him .

Still would sell in the summer for someone better quality and more consistent .

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
My lowest rated player of the season and iv slagged him off a lot . However more than decent past few games pleased for his goal today big moment for him .

Still would sell in the summer for someone better quality and more consistent .
One of the very few players that plays like he gives a shit about the badge. Why would you even consider selling? I get signing someone a bit more consistent but what do we gain from selling him. He certainly is dependable for the big games.

dogwithabone

Why would a right midfielder be anywhere near the opponent's right winger?

You make it sound like I’ve compared a right back on one team and a right back on the other. Eriksen is hardly a right winger who never comes off the touch line, much of his football is played centrally and Herrera too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good game for him. Wound their players up a lot, which we all know he's good at. Only problem with his game is if he gets a yellow he can't play it anymore, and he's always close to getting a yellow :lol:

He's also one of the last people I'd want a shot near the edge of the box to fall to, but he slotted it away nicely. Well in Ander.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We need to just accept he's a fecking brilliant footballer.

Ekeke

You make it sound like I’ve compared a right back on one team and a right back on the other. Eriksen is hardly a right winger who never comes off the touch line, much of his football is played centrally and Herrera too.
They start on the opposite sides, Ander's job is on Son and Dembele's side. They werent great were they. Matic is the one who will come over and help Pogba on the left, Ander obviously isnt going to neglect his job and run onto the other side

binary bot
You need to show it though. Today he definitely did. Rest of the season, not so much.
I think it's a case of his qualities excelling in a play style that we exhibit in bigger matches, and when he's the main ball winner. In matches where there are ten men behind the ball, he becomes needless beside two other midfielders in Matic and Pogba.

deafepl

I think Herrera is in good form. If we add quality CM backup and another world-class midfielder or at least superior players, we'd be a lot stronger in midfield depth which we haven't had for a long time, probably since SAF's 2000s. No more player the like of Fellaini.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I think it's a case of his qualities excelling in a play style that we exhibit in bigger matches, and when he's the main ball winner. In matches where there are ten men behind the ball, he becomes needless beside two other midfielders in Matic and Pogba.
Really good point. I think he becomes redundant in negative tactics, but in close games, or even as a singular pivot or part of a double box to box pivot he really excels.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could well be that, yeah. Hope he stays around and is happy to not be needed in some games.

UDontMessWith24

I just don’t understand how people want him sold. I could understand people not thinking he should be starting every game but to be sold? So underrated. We should have been playing with that midfield 3 earlier in the season.
They should have their head examined. Not only does he add so much on his own when you consider his contributions everywhere on the pitch but he's the perfect complement to Matic and more importantly he allows Pogba to be his unplayable self. Maybe he had an injury that was being kept on the low in the first half of the season.

haram

What a game :drool:

Him next to Matic in a 2 is poor. Him in a three with Pogba and Matic is much better.

Ashley R1+O

Superb comeback to form. My god we've missed him all season, great goal as well. Supplement the midfield with one or two next season and have Herrera/Matic/Pogba next season and spread the field with a proper right sided player and two fullbacks. We're gonna be delicious next season boys.

meamth

Just rewatched the goal over and over again.

Normally defenders wouldn't expect a first touch shot like that, which is rewarded by that surprise goal. Herrera knows his stuff.

cyberman

What's wrong with that claim? The more people hate him, the better. The more cnut Herrera is to other team, the better it is for us. :devil:
But he doesn't do anything cnutish?
He doesn't cause rows, dive about or put in nasty challenges.
Im really at a loss as to why Danny Murphy was criticising his prior antics or Tyler labelling him as a master thespian?

criticalanalysis

Didn't see that when he was clutching the badge after scoring the winner :drool:

When was the last game we matched or dominated midfield against a top side? I'm not talking about wins or moments in a game, I'm talking about control.

Long story short, that's just the way Mourinho sets up his teams. Concede possession and hope individual quality shines through by playing the percentages.

Yes the players are individually to blame but it's just the way things are. With Mourinho's tactics, we are always going to concede possession and control against the top sides/teams that try to play on the front foot.

VP

Is he our best big game player?

It's absurd that his rating is 5.6 on the Caf - below fecking Fellaini.

TypeR

Refresh my memory, was he carrying any knocks and niggles early on in the season, when he seemed unusually off? The past month or so saw the Herrera that we’ve known when he’s at his best; tenacious, ruthless, and energetic. Long may we continue to see more of this from him.

izec

Would be perfect for Liverpool and Klopp. Glad we have him though, especially in big games he excels, going back to his younger days it was the same.

Refresh my memory, was he carrying any knocks and niggles early on in the season, when he seemed unusually off? The past month or so saw the Herrera that we’ve known when he’s at his best; tenacious, ruthless, and energetic. Long may we continue to see more of this from him.
I remember he got injured in pre season against Madrid, he never looked quite right after that. Then he started the season quite poorly, then got injured and had a long lay off. Then came back against Sevilla then got injured again. It's been a frustrating season for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.