Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester 2:2 Man Utd

lsd

The Oracle
What a great decision from him to overrule Jones trying to get Smalling away from centre back . Still as dumb as that was Jones let it go

Minimalist

Feel like I'm done with him after that. Him giving off to Lukaku was bizarre. Pointless player at present for United.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If he really did refuse to go to right back then I hope he never plays for us again. What a stupid arrogant little twat.

Irrational.

As passionate as he is about the club, he needs kicking out and replacing. Offers absolutely zilch defensively or offensively.

Somehow thinks of himself as an on-the-field tactician. Not United quality.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Useless in midfield. Don't know how it's possible for someone to look this busy while doing nothing of consequence. No contribution to attack, none fo defence.

Zoo

What a great decision from him to overrule Jones trying to get Smalling away from centre back . Still as dumb as that was Jones let it go
Is this what actually what happened or just because Gary Neville said so?

Devil81

If he really did refuse to go to right back then I hope he never plays for us again. What a stupid arrogant little twat.
This.

I seem to remember him telling Lukaku to not go out wide right when Ibra was brought on last month. If he's overruling players that means he's a problem, it as clear Smalling needed pushing as far out from defence as possible.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This.

I seem to remember him telling Lukaku to not go out wide right when Ibra was brought on last month. If he's overruling players that means he's a problem, it as clear Smalling needed pushing as far out from defence as possible.
Well the players should also stand their ground and grow a pair of balls and at least argue with him. Smalling looked that bad, it's simple common sense that we had to cover for him and that he should be nowhere near the defence.

I just cannot believe Herrera really refused to help out. Just inexplicable.

Eddy_JukeZ

Is there a clip of this or was it reported?

I don't recall seeing this in the game.

JG3001

I always felt that Herrera was vastly overrated on here - some of the quotes above from the summer!? His stock seems to have fallen a lot since then, more towards my way of thinking. Has an average RedCafe rating of 5.6 this season - and that's by United fans!
He never was/is going to be a world class player. But last season he was Mr dependable, did his job and did it well, tidy in possession, good range of passes, good break up of play, always making himself available. Tenacious player that is always handy for any team, even if the talent is average.

I honestly don’t know what has happened to him this year, he’s gone completely off the boil. Looks awful and can’t seem to do the simple things right. Dont see him being at United much longer, think he knows it as well.

AlwaysRed66

As passionate as he is about the club, he needs kicking out and replacing. Offers absolutely zilch defensively or offensively.
I am not a fan of his, but he did play well on occasion last season, in particular the Chelsea game when he man marked Hazard throughout. Unfortunately, it seems unless he is given specific commands, he lacks any tactical awareness in doing things himself, which is way below a club like ours needs, & this year has regressed badly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His was the 1 sub that actually did an ok job I thought. Not sure where people are getting the idea of him overruling other players or refusing to do something, seems pretty crazy to me and I definitely didn't see anything like that. Only little spat I saw from him was with Lukaku when Lukaku started berating him even though it was Lukaku that fecked up, so he gave some back. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't know about anything else.

Canagel

Lukaku went mad at him and I can't blame him for it. Herrera needs to have a long hard look at himself because he has done nothing this season to prove why he is worthy of a squad place at United. Everytime we bring him on to steady the game and regain control we actually get worse because he has absolutely zero composure to hold on to the ball and we lose an attacking outlet which was Lingard/Mata in this case.

ManUtd1999

He adds nothing to our games this season, whether in the starting lineup or as a sub... whether defensively or offensively. No real presence.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Should be playing for a team who finishes 5th or 6th. Thats his level and he'll be player of the season in such teams.

People have had a go at Fellaini: at least he offers very unique attributes; Herrera is just an average version of average.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Alot of people are forgetting his impact during the Van Gaal era. At his best, he has good through balls and offers alot of energy, that is needed to help Pogba since Mata and Henrikh have no pace or urgency whatsoever. Fellaini clearly will not sign a new contract, Herrera is very commited to Manchester United it appears (From what I could deduct from his interviews)

I think some fans overestimated his potential, thought he was going to turn into some sort of world beater after his first season and now are coming to the height of their deception. Give this guy a break, it's one bad season, he's done well in the last three and is still below 30, give him one more year to turn things around and if by early 2019 he hasn't got it together then sell him.

Bwuk

Not sure from that clip how people are getting that he refused to go to right back.

Smithy_123

Are you actually for real? So you support his apparent decision to reject going to right back? Wouldn’t like to play football with you.
You seem to think that calling one of our players "a stupid arrogant little twat" and supporting what he did is synonymous.

Now are you for real?

criticalanalysis

His was the 1 sub that actually did an ok job I thought. Not sure where people are getting the idea of him overruling other players or refusing to do something, seems pretty crazy to me and I definitely didn't see anything like that. Only little spat I saw from him was with Lukaku when Lukaku started berating him even though it was Lukaku that fecked up, so he gave some back. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't know about anything else.
Yup I agree.

Lukaku went mad at him and I can't blame him for it. Herrera needs to have a long hard look at himself because he has done nothing this season to prove why he is worthy of a squad place at United. Everytime we bring him on to steady the game and regain control we actually get worse because he has absolutely zero composure to hold on to the ball and we lose an attacking outlet which was Lingard/Mata in this case.
Lukaku had some great moments but there was a few times he made some iffy touches and one of them was the through pass he was hoping to get to Herrera. It gave Herrera no chance and Herrera wasn't in any position to get on the receiving end anyways. It was bit of a lazy pass tbh. It's easy to play the one-two/through ball as soon as you get it feet; it's much harder to pick the right mili-second and technique to pull it off.

ManUtd1999

Honestly, if he can’t help us defend a lead against a team that was down a man while having Pogba and Matic around him, then when will he?

He just doesn’t impact our game, certainly not in a significant manner.

Oakie

Funny how he does not get half the stick Fellaini would get with these displays and he properly wont sign a contract due to being boo'd by his own fans.

But you would rather the dependable player left.. lol

Water Melon

G. Neville is an idiot. How did he come to that conclusion about Herrera is beyond me. As for the Lukaku incident, it is 500% on Romelu. Such things happent in every match at any level. Someone makes a bad pass, and then blames the other for not reaching it.

dichinero

People are really taking what these commentators say way too seriously. They are watching the same game and unless they are on the pitch, they can only speculate.

People would probably get angry if Gary Neville said that Herrera doesn't recycle.

GiddyUp

G. Neville is an idiot. How did he come to that conclusion about Herrera is beyond me. As for the Lukaku incident, it is 500% on Romelu. Such things happent in every match at any level. Someone makes a bad pass, and then blames the other for not reaching it.
The problem was Herrera just stopped. A poor touch from Lukaku for sure but Herrera passed it to him when he was surrounded when he should have tried to burst through. I believe it was 3 on 3 and Herrera did his usual negative bullshit. Mata can be guilty of it most games also, giving the opposition all the time in the world to reshape. Herrera had two options but when he passed he offered nothing else. He could easily of followed the pass forward and do what he is good at and harass the opposition. Even if he had got a small touch on that Lukaku lay off he could have put someone through. It's just his negativity that frustrates people, always a quick negative pass when he could easily turn and push forward. Really don't think he will be missed here if moved on in the summer, shame really.

GiddyUp

Funny how he does not get half the stick Fellaini would get with these displays and he properly wont sign a contract due to being boo'd by his own fans.

But you would rather the dependable player left.. lol
I would have Fellaini any day over Herrera. Both can be absolutely dreadful but at least Fellaini can nick you a goal whereas Herrera is no where near the goal for most of the match.

Vilev

Ander has been awful this year. He is a shadow of a player he was, this defensive CM stuff that is not working for him. People forget how good he was in more advanced role. Right now his offensive talent basically disappeared and he looks like a second-rate Kante-type DM.

Kapardin

Meh, Lingard, Martial and Rashford overshadowed him in frustrating everybody in the game, but in general, I agree with this tweet:

Litch

Like him a lot when he speaks but his football this season is soooo poor. Another player that just isn't good enough to take us forward....

Water Melon

The problem was Herrera just stopped. A poor touch from Lukaku for sure but Herrera passed it to him when he was surrounded when he should have tried to burst through. I believe it was 3 on 3 and Herrera did his usual negative bullshit. Mata can be guilty of it most games also, giving the opposition all the time in the world to reshape. Herrera had two options but when he passed he offered nothing else. He could easily of followed the pass forward and do what he is good at and harass the opposition. Even if he had got a small touch on that Lukaku lay off he could have put someone through. It's just his negativity that frustrates people, always a quick negative pass when he could easily turn and push forward. Really don't think he will be missed here if moved on in the summer, shame really.
This is what we lack. The player of the year is starting to playit ultra safe. The midfield of Matic-Pogba is not functioning as Mou expected. Surely players make errors, but I do not see a properly-functioning team. Now we are not solid even defensively and starting to leak goals. I think we need to change our tactics and play based on our players' strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.