Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to Neville, he refused to move to RB and told Mkhi to go there instead.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
According to Neville, he refused to move to RB and told Mkhi to go there instead.
Firstly, 'according to Neville'. We all bitch and complain about how shit commentators are (including Neville these days), but for some reason we're 100% believing that Neville was right here.

Secondly, even if Neville is right, just because Jones wanted him to go to right back doesn't make that the right call. Mkhitaryan went there instead. Maybe Jose preferred Herrera to be helping out in midfield and wanted Mkhi there instead.

BigCaine

Firstly, 'according to Neville'. We all bitch and complain about how shit commentators are (including Neville these days), but for some reason we're 100% believing that Neville was right here.

Secondly, even if Neville is right, just because Jones wanted him to go to right back doesn't make that the right call. Mkhitaryan went there instead. Maybe Jose preferred Herrera to be helping out in midfield and wanted Mkhi there instead.
It wasn't just neville, beglin mentioned the same on my stream.

dichinero

Exactly this. If he went against José's instructions then they'd be another uproar. Pretty sure we've seen José ask Micky to fill a FB role in the past. So that would make more sense.

IrishRedDevil

What does Herrera think he has the right to have a say in anything? If he was told to go to RB, the little moaner should have went there and kept his mouth shut. He offers absolutely zero in midfield anyway, so he would not have been missed. I just don't understand how a player in such dire form thinks he has the right to disagree with his teammates.

Earlier in the season he tried to step up and take the ball off Lukaku to take a penanlty, then Jose stepped in and told Blind to go for it.

Last night I noticed Lukaku screaming at Herrera on one occasion, when he failed to play a simple pass forward. Not a normal reaction from Lukaku who is normally quite upbeat, but the way he reacted to Herrera made me think that the players are even pissed off with his averageness now.

Last edited:

Classnordic

What does Herrera think he has the right to have a say in anything? If he was told to go to RB, the little moaner should have went there and kept his mouth shut. He offers absolutely zero in midfield anyway, so he would not have been missed. I just don't understand how a player in such dire form thinks he has the right to disagree with his teammates.

Earlier in the season he tried to step up and take the ball off Lukaku to take a penanlty, then Jose stepped in and told Blind to go for it.

Last night I noticed Lukaku screaming at Herrera on one occasion, when he failed to play a simple pass forward. Not a normal reaction from Lukaku who is normally quiet upbeat, but the way he reacted to Herrera made me think that the players are even pissed off with his averageness now.
Yes, it did look abit over the top.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Hes crap, right now. But how anyone could believe what Neville was saying is beyond me. How is Gary Neville meant to know what was said on pitch? Mkhi and Herrera still covered the right wing, both were there when Albrighton crossed in for McGuire. Regardless, hes declined so much and its extremely shocking and disappointing.

el3mel

He has been pretty useless, even on the defensive side of the pitch.

Couldn't imagine I would have said that but if he wants to leave, it's fine for me.

Ekeke

And Miki did a good job, won the ball a couple of times.

And even though Ander didnt help a great deal with controlling the midfield and us keeping the ball, its what we needed to do. With Pogba, Matic and Ander on the pitch in midfield and against 10 men we should have been able to dominate the ball and see out the game. People are happier to blame Ander, but there was a reason he was brought on. Because Lingard, Matic and Pogba didnt have it under control. So Mourinho asked him to come on and help the other 2 do that job.

Ander made 2 tackles after coming on in the 75th minute. Thats a decent enough amount for most full games. Its the joint 2nd highest among all our players in the game with only Young making 3 and more than any of our other central midfield players. The problem is we didnt have the ball despite Ander making some tackles.

He made 6 passes, of course with 100% accuracy. But in a little over 15 minutes of time on the pitch thats how little of the ball that we had compared to our opponents who had 10 men. We let them attack and didnt do a great job keeping the ball. Ander did his part when he got on the ball.

Greck

Yes, it did look abit over the top.
Also noticed Lukaku going OTT on Lingard when he misplaced a pass in the arsenal game right before halftime and Rashford showing poor body language when Herrera misplaced a pass the other week.

There's been a bit of a toxic culture of blame and petulance being exhibited by the players in recent weeks of which the lesser talents like Lingard/herrera are often on the receiving end. Yes they mess up a lot but showing your displeasure with a teammates decision in a petulant manner is awful for team unity in the long run.

Especially since the ones exhibiting such behaviours themselves are occasionally guilty of poor decision making themselves. Imagine if every player lambasted Lukaku for his moments of poor touches. Ironically the crowd at old Trafford has started doing this but at least they're just fans

Ekeke

If Nev made that story up out of blue, well then he is an idiot.
He probably just assumed from the fact Jones said something and Ander doesnt go straight to right back. He certainly didnt hear the conversation. It could just as easily have been "We need someone at right back" and Ander sent Miki

Water Melon

He probably just assumed from the fact Jones said something and Ander doesnt go straight to right back. He certainly didnt hear the conversation. It could just as easily have been "We need someone at right back" and Ander sent Miki
You are probably right, other scenarios are also possible. But that claim from Neville is idiotic.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Gary Neville owes Herrera a public apology for his misplaced assumption that Herrera refused to move to right back.

There are several themes to bash Herrera with this season, but versatility and team commitment is certainly not one of them.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why does Herrera not at least tag Neville and call him out or give his version of the events? He does not even need to be aggressive: "I didn't refuse to play at right back, me and Phil were both trying to help the team best we could".

Vague tweets like this annoy me. The best thing about footballers having Twitter is that they can explain themselves without having a journo twist their words.

Water Melon

Why does Herrera not at least tag Neville and call him out or give his version of the events? He does not even need to be aggressive: "I didn't refuse to play at right back, me and Phil were both trying to help the team best we could".

Vague tweets like this annoy me. The best thing about footballers having Twitter is that they can explain themselves without having a journo twist their words.
Because Ander is being polite unlike GNev who made a wrong assumption and put it out publicly as a factual statement. At least we know that Neville was wrong.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because Ander is being polite unlike GNev who made a wrong assumption and put it out publicly as a factual statement. At least we know that Neville was wrong.
Polite? He's called him a liar and accused him of making things up. "Hey @garyneville, you were mistaken yesterday, me and Big Phil were talking about what was best for the team, I would never refuse to help. #Merryxmas". that would be polite.

I should be a tweeter for footballers. That's a job, I know Batshuayi has his done for him.

Ekeke

He doesnt need to. His manager and teammates know what happened, its not really our business

Water Melon

Polite? He's called him a liar and accused him of making things up. "Hey @garyneville, you were mistaken yesterday, me and Big Phil were talking about what was best for the team, I would never refuse to help. #Merryxmas". that would be polite.

I should be a tweeter for footballers. That's a job, I know Batshuayi has his done for him.
Go for it mate. I will even set up a twitter account just to be your reader.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

It's probably not worth calling out Neville given how mouthy he is on twitter.

I really don't like Neville as a pundit. Comes out with some absolutey crap and states it as a fact. I somehow doubt Herrera forced Smalling to not move from centreback. Also not sure why he would be the obvious choice to go to fullback either. Rashford could easily have just dropped back.

Somehow Smalling being too thick to point out or accept he is injured and leave it to the rest of his team to sort out, ends up being other people's fault. He should have gone down immediately and stayed down to give time to the team to re-organise. Any footballler with half a fecking brain or ounce of self awareness would have done this. Even when he came back on he ran straight to centreback again before anyone could tell him otherwise. We had two other players there covering so he runs to the same area just to create confusion. He's a complete fecking idiot

POF

Yup I agree.

Lukaku had some great moments but there was a few times he made some iffy touches and one of them was the through pass he was hoping to get to Herrera. It gave Herrera no chance and Herrera wasn't in any position to get on the receiving end anyways. It was bit of a lazy pass tbh. It's easy to play the one-two/through ball as soon as you get it feet; it's much harder to pick the right mili-second and technique to pull it off.
Maybe I am getting confused with another incident but I thought that was when Lukaku tried to play a really difficult through ball to Mkhitaryan. Herrera had a go at him because he wanted Lukaku to lay it off to him as the through ball to Miki was a simple pass from Herrera's position. It was just another example of players wasting a great attacking opportunity by selecting the wrong option.

Ekeke

He does not need to explain himself at all, you're right. He has tried though, just in a way that I think is crap.
Kinda. I dont think it was an explaination, just laughing at someone who has no idea what hes talking about.

Boycott

The subliminal ones always are a laugh. Hernandez put out a few when Moyes was at Manchester United and here they are three years later reunited at West Ham.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He doesnt need to. His manager and teammates know what happened, its not really our business
After Neville’s comment last night there are thousands of fans that think Herrera is a cnut and should be sold. If you were in his shoes would you not want to stick up for yourself because it isn’t the fans business?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's a top guy, but it's like the signing of Matic has shown how limited he is across the board. Add in some poor form, most likely caused by not getting a regular run, and he's got to be struggling to stay beyond the summer.

Only saving grace is that there's more important signings needed elsewhere.

Ekeke

After Neville’s comment last night there are thousands of fans that think Herrera is a cnut and should be sold. If you were in his shoes would you not want to stick up for yourself because it isn’t the fans business?
Why? If thousands of people are silly and want to turn on you because of assumption, is it on you to tell them to grow up?

Leif GW

I just don't like him as a footballer. His passing is not only lacking creativity, but I also think he's a poor passer of the ball, technically. Never a clean pass from that guy. Compare to Matic.

Park's Petrified Pooch

I’ve never really managed to work out what his skill set is. In his best spells he’s been a runner, an irritant, with an occasional through ball in his locker. But in 9 out of 10 games he offers very little. I can’t abide the pointless one twos we play under no pressure in our own half, and he is the main culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.