5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

Was very good today. He helped to retain the ball on the opponents box while providing enough cover. Would like to see more of him in similar position

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Good game, but still lacking a bit in finding the right pass. He likes himself a backwards pass and also a forward pass hit at 100mph. Hopefully, he can find form on the back of this.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wasn't great, but good for the most part and more solid than I've seen him for a while.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Looked better today. I'm not sure if he went through a terrible divorce over the summer or something, but it would help immensely to have him in form.

paul cooper

Supports
newport co
Him and Matic doing all the dirty work frees up mata and pogba to play

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is why I disagree with anyone saying sell him. He's probably not quite good enough to be a key player, but that's not a huge issue. He can be a rotation squad player, impact player off the bench, come in to change for more solidity, etc. Also we have like no midfielders past our starters and him. So it'd be idiotic to get rid. Putting him in makes us more solid and gives more freedom to Pogba, which is only better for us.

DdeGoat

He was our best player in the 1st half imo, won the ball, upped the tempo with his one touch passing and actually tried to play a dangerous pass from time to time. Fell off a bit in the 2nd half but to say that he was useless/shit is just plain wrong.
He definitely was. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I trawled through the forum at half time. I guess a lot of posters just post with their preconceived notions rather than comment on a particular performance. Couple of his through passes were excellent and he helped keep control of the midfield along with Matic.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A bit harsh but yes he will look better when hes not relied on to be the one making creative passes. He can do it but seems to have lost his confidence with it this season and he's never really been consistent with it himself. So best for someone else to have that role.
Precisely. It should come as no surprise that when he isn't being asked to play as the creative player (as he was earlier in the season when Pogba was out) that he plays significantly better.

Devil may care

His best game of the season, slotting between Matic and Pogba is an ideal role for him, just like it was for a bit last season when we played him, Pogba and Carrick as a 3.

el3mel

Was wondering why everyone was criticizing him during half time. Seems normal now for some players to just get slaughtered once you see his name on team sheet.

His passing was sloppy as sometimes but he did a very good job defensively all the game. Very, very good today. Even his long shots weren't that terrible imo.

Last edited:

Jaybomb

Decent. But I still think we should be aiming for better.

Matic and somebody like Nainggolan or Vidal behind Pogba would be a dream :drool:

Paul_Scholes18

He helps the balance of the team very much. Sadly his passing have not been good recently although it is the same with the rest of the team. Need to find confidence again and I don't think our tactics helps him a lot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought he was good today. Don't think we have any midfielder close to his level when it comes to pressing.

Also he won 3 tackles, most by any player. Attempte 96 passes, again most by any player. His pass to Martial which Martial failed to control was very good. Should have been a goal.

Overall step in right direction.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thought he was good today. Change of formation did him and most of the team wonders.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was wondering why everyone was criticizing him during half time. Seems normal now for some players to just get slaughtered once you see his name on team sheet.

His passing was sloppy as sometimes but he did a very good job defensively all the game. Very, very good today. Even his long shots weren't that terrible imo.
He played well, his passing may seem off but it's only because he tries to play forward instead of safe. His pressing and ball winning today really helped us keep them hemmed in

The 4-3-3 with Herrera is how we should have lined up in a lot of the big games this season

kul m

Herrera provides that constant pressure that matic can't do, that terrier mentality, adds some bite to the midfield, adds good balance to the midfield as well, he has that killer through ball as well, sees a pass, overall he's a quality player, simply put he should be in the team,

criticalanalysis

Lots to improved for Herrera but this is what happens when you free Pogba of the dog work. Just let Herrera and Matic sweep up. Okay performance without being good or bad.

Please keep this proper midfield 3 Mourinho.

Norris

Thought he was very good. Harried around, won the ball, made some incisive passes as well and always made himself available to receive the ball.

If there is one thing I don't quite like about his play, it is his tendency to go for a 1-2 in the middle of the pitch where such a move doesn't really improve our options. He's got to try and improve that. Seen him try it a fair few times in his time here.

Ashley R1+O

Much much better today in a midfield three. Supporting Matic and the attack with intelligent pressing and good sharp movement.. Passing needs some work but a nice improvement from some of his form. The fluidity in our attack meant that he was able to influence the game in transition and that is where he is most dangerous.

Distracted Steward

He helps the balance of the team very much. Sadly his passing have not been good recently although it is the same with the rest of the team. Need to find confidence again and I don't think our tactics helps him a lot.
This. Very much this.

He’s shown flashes of driving things in the past, but he’s a long way from that. Balance might be how he has to contribute for a while.

Pacificgi

He was much better than his previous showings yesterday. People will rightly rave about how good pogba was but herrera showed when hes on his game the midfield three can work well as it frees up pogba.

Herrera isnt good enough to start every game for us, but hes showed if we buy the right midfielder who can perform consistently then it would be ideal for both matic and pogba

cletus7

It’s not the quality of pass that’s the problem it’s the negativity. He just does too much on the pitch that’s weird. Take the dummy to no one when asked for and got a cutback in a perfect shooting position in the box. Then when you conclude that he must be shot shy, randomly shoots from outside the box with left peg. I would love to do a video analysis of 90 minutes football of his with him and just have him explain “why”? Right the way through.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is why I disagree with anyone saying sell him. He's probably not quite good enough to be a key player, but that's not a huge issue. He can be a rotation squad player, impact player off the bench, come in to change for more solidity, etc. Also we have like no midfielders past our starters and him. So it'd be idiotic to get rid. Putting him in makes us more solid and gives more freedom to Pogba, which is only better for us.
For some reason our fans enjoy selling players they don't like before we even find a replacement. It's like the times we sold the likes of Rafael, Welbeck, Nani. Everyone was happy to get rid without realising they were very good squad players who we never replaced later. Everything we bought later was pretty much worse in their position, but hey, as long as we earned 20 something millions for a 3 decent squad players we were happy. For some weird reason.

Water Melon

Ander is good in midfield three. In fact he is an ideal link between Matic and Pogba. Let them gel together. He is also a real United player, watch him celebrating those goals. What was he shouting when Tony M scored yesterday, "Keep going, keep going like this"?

Andersons Dietician

He had a shaky 15-20 minutes where he kept giving the ball away but then when he picked out that 3rd man run for Martial all of a sudden after that his confidence seemed to come flooding back. He looked really good and back to looking like the player we saw last year.

ivaldo

He’s been excellent. His passing has been incisive and he’s been the catalyst for many of our attacks. Not stopped the whinging in the match day thread mind!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would be nice to have this guy back in form, imo we are shite with a 2 man midfield and need to go to a 3 man midfield sharpish.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Herrera definitely fits much better into a midfield 3 and as a team we play better with one, imo.
Not enough either defensively or offensively in a Matic and Pogba two. Ideally we would have someone that could dictate and set the tempo as the third man, but Herrera is what we've got currently so it would be nice to have him back.

ivaldo

Not enough either defensively or offensively in a Matic and Pogba two. Ideally we would have someone that could dictate and set the tempo as the third man, but Herrera is what we've got currently so it would be nice to have him back.
It's exactly what he's been doing tonight. He has absolutely ran this midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.